PDA

View Full Version : need help finding rare 200x parts

bears416
04-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Im new to the site, but, have be looking deep here in the info. What im wanting to do is build my currently stock 200x. I was thinkin a mild cam round .370 lift, a 30mm mikuni carb, big valve springs, hardened rockers, 10.25 or 11:1 comp, but what im havin trouble with is fi ding somestuff. I need a rebuild kit, kick start gears and springs cdi box is impossible to find, etc. And where cud I find a tranny rebuild kit, i want th7s rebuild to be a tank and I want a minimum of 27hp, is this realistic? Thanks in advance

Ethan

oldskool83
04-28-2013, 08:27 PM
10.25:1 pistons are all over ebay from weisco. they make 12:1 also but you need to do alot to the motor. powroll makes hi comp stroker kits yet. You will drop atleast 1500 into the more if notr more. I have 750 into a motor with some mild work at 10.25:1 with a xr cam.

Just saying if your not into spending bank, its not worth it to even spend on these bikes. NO one makes tranny rebuild kits. its called a full engine gasket set. If you need tranny parts buy a bottome end. any 200x will need the kicker gears back cut and shim washer added so it does not slip. 200x's get very expensive to build up. I know. Mines barley 200x anymore.

bears416
04-28-2013, 08:38 PM
Im used to buildin sbc, so I know the general concepts of buildin power. What could 1000 or 1500 dollars get me power wise roghly, how hard are these to work on, like iv said iv built race cars but for some reason atvs always scare me, and where can I get an aftermarket cdi box?

yaegerb
04-28-2013, 09:21 PM
Im new to the site, but, have be looking deep here in the info. What im wanting to do is build my currently stock 200x. I was thinkin a mild cam round .370 lift, a 30mm mikuni carb, big valve springs, hardened rockers, 10.25 or 11:1 comp, but what im havin trouble with is fi ding somestuff. I need a rebuild kit, kick start gears and springs cdi box is impossible to find, etc. And where cud I find a tranny rebuild kit, i want th7s rebuild to be a tank and I want a minimum of 27hp, is this realistic? Thanks in advance

Ethan

Powroll has been down for approximately 5 months and don't know for sure if they are ever coming back. They would have been your best source for high-performance 200x parts, but I can't even get a hold of them on the phone. You may also try Mickey Dunlap either here on the boards or at the link below.

http://www.fourstroketech.net/#!__products/honda/vstc1=atc-83'-85'-200x

Unfortunately you will have to piece the a "kit" together for a complete rebuild. There isn't a one stop shop for all things 200x. All of the parts I used for my rebuild came from Ebay and/or Bike Bandit/Powroll. Below are some of the parts I used.

Gasket Kit (I only use Versah as they are within Honda OEM Specs):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-1983-1985-ATC200X-Vesrah-Complete-Gasket-Kit-/170848831257?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c7624719&vxp=mtr

Bearings:
You will need to piece these together from bike bandit. Most are readily available except for the 20MM needle bearing that the transmission counter shaft rides on. If you think you need that bearing, contact me when you get to it and I will let you know where I sourced my bearing from

Cam:
If you want a better cam but not upgrade your exhaust or airbox go with this one: http://www.webcamshafts.com/pages/at...10_000084.html
If you want a better cam and you are upgrading your intake, exhaust valves and springs, go with this one (Note, this cam requires that you flash chrome your rockers part number HR-H14): http://www.webcamshafts.com/pages/at...10_000085.html

Valves / Springs / Retainers:
Go here; http://www.webcamshafts.com/index_bl...le_search.html
If you are running the upgraded cam (second link above), then you want the part numbers below
VC-H2T
IV-H13
EV-H14

Piston: Personally, I get my cylinders mic'd by a machine shop and then I buy the cylinder on the next overbore and finally I have the shop match the cylinder to the new piston. Below I have placed a link to a 10.25:1, 1MM overbore piston. If you just want the shop to bore the cylinder to match and not go through the trouble of mic'ing the cylinder then this one could be for you.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wiseco-Piston-Kit-65-50-mm-10-25-1-Honda-ATC200X-1983-1985-/390512339559?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5aec596a67&vxp=mtr

27 HP is pretty high. The best HP numbers I have seen are from xrider's bike and I believe its 26 or 27 HP. I think all of my work will put my around 24 or 25 HP. also, you can take a look at the thread I started on my flat track 200x. Click on the blue 218 x link in my signature and go to page 1. That will give you an idea of what it takes to make a truly BA 200x.

Have fun!

oldskool83
04-28-2013, 09:23 PM
what year 200x? there is nothing really for 86-87's. 10.25:1 is highest you can go with 93 pump gas. 12:1 wont last too long, you need to run around 110 for 12:1. 1500 will get you a nice 350x which will have more power stock then any build up 200x. 200xs are most expensive way to go slow. Just warning ya. not many build them up. I have a long travel suspension 200x. Most people are happy with 10.25:1 and a xr cam, thats alone will wake the motor up, then you have larger xr carbs and jetting and exhaust. Its honestly not worth it to go much larger in compression. you need hardened everything. CDIs are on ebay, not sure if i'd even trust them, factory seems to be the best. If this is you 1st 3wheeler i'd learn about it more rather then just wanting to dump crazy amount of money into a motor to say you can go fast. theres alot of design flaws I could tell you about 1st gens if thats what you have. I try to run as little of 200x stuff i can, because they are not the best. no suspension, weak frames to name a few items.

zepol
04-28-2013, 09:42 PM
i have kickstart gears and cdi box what year x??? pm me

bears416
04-28-2013, 11:10 PM
so your sayin youd go with a 10.25 piston, xr carb, xr cam, good exhaust and jetted carb? how much waking up wud this do? my main goal is to beat my friend that has a 2004 300ex with just a fmf, he doesnt even pull on me that much the way it is and i weigh 100lbs more then him. and trust me id love to have a 350x but there far and few betweeen around here

bears416
04-29-2013, 09:46 PM
^^^^^^^^^^ what kind of gains wud that stuff giv me

yaegerb
04-29-2013, 10:43 PM
so your sayin youd go with a 10.25 piston, xr carb, xr cam, good exhaust and jetted carb? how much waking up wud this do? my main goal is to beat my friend that has a 2004 300ex with just a fmf, he doesnt even pull on me that much the way it is and i weigh 100lbs more then him. and trust me id love to have a 350x but there far and few betweeen around here

I would do the 10.25 piston, stock carb (re-jetted main to a 112 or higher), mid-range cam from webcams, supertrapp exhaust, UNI or K&N filter. As an estimate I would say you would be around 16-18 HP. This would not blow the doors off the 300EX, but you would keep up with him and your engine would still be reliable.

slednecks7
11-17-2013, 09:19 PM
hey i got a nice looking origanal tank it looks brand new for atc200x

rg97
11-18-2013, 09:47 PM
10.25:1 pistons are all over ebay from weisco. they make 12:1 also but you need to do alot to the motor. powroll makes hi comp stroker kits yet. You will drop atleast 1500 into the more if notr more. I have 750 into a motor with some mild work at 10.25:1 with a xr cam.

Just saying if your not into spending bank, its not worth it to even spend on these bikes. NO one makes tranny rebuild kits. its called a full engine gasket set. If you need tranny parts buy a bottome end. any 200x will need the kicker gears back cut and shim washer added so it does not slip. 200x's get very expensive to build up. I know. Mines barley 200x anymore.

Not to prove you wrong, but I have 700 in my motor (everything but the powdercoat) and the bike hauls. Never dyno'd it, but with a 28mm carb it will probably push 23-25. Just like yaegerb, I have a link to my motor in my signature. Go there and you'll see what I did.
Heres a list of all the things I can think off the top of my head that will make your motor run great

WEB cam -- Stage 2 (found mine on eBay)
Stroker Kit (4stroke tech or Powroll-- check eBay often, thats where I found my crank)
Port and Polish of intake and exhaust (Can be done by oneself if you know what you're doing)
Supertrapp (didnt have to pay for this, it was on the bike when I bought it)
Wiseco 10.25:1 piston (ebay find for me once again-- $100) (bumps to about 11:1 with stroker and needs flycut for crank, powroll charged me $25)
Paint job-- depends... for a good looking engine, expect 50-150
High strength Cam Chain (powroll has one, it is a must when running higher compression and a larger cam) cost me $30

Powroll has been down for approximately 5 months and don't know for sure if they are ever coming back. They would have been your best source for high-performance 200x parts (http://shop.3wheelerworld.com/), but I can't even get a hold of them on the phone.
I dont think so, I had my piston sent to them about a month ago, and I've been able to connect with them on and off, but I'll try calling again about an hour later and they always pick up then. They're website is almost non useable, they 'redesigned' it about a year ago and has never been right since

CodyRosa
11-20-2013, 12:12 PM
I have a 300ex and 200x.. all im going to say is if you want to beat his 300ex.. then you probably shouldn't spend a lot of money lol. Have you regeared the thing.. my 300ex goes like 55 so your 200x should be right behind him if not then you may want to do a compression test.

If you truly wanna stick money into it just go with a 10.25:1 piston and xr200 cam OR http://www.webcamshafts.com/index_blank.html?pages/vehicle_search.html (search ATV, HONDA, ATC 200X) look at first camshaft. Any higher lift like you want and you'll be spending a heck of a lot more money.

Sloth21
03-22-2016, 01:21 PM
Hey man check out G&H discount ATV Supply. I did their 1983-1985 Honda 200X Engine Motor Top Kit & Machining Service
$155.95

DohcBikes
03-22-2016, 01:32 PM
This thread is 3 years old.