PDA

View Full Version : Followup on electrical problems with YTM225DX

Doc Holliday
04-28-2013, 08:37 PM
Earlier I posted for help with my Yamaha YTM225DX electrical problems. The stator coils were reading high and I was not getting a charge to the battery. I changed out the voltage regulator and still nada. Well, now that I have actually READ how to test the regulator, I have found the replacement regulator is bad, too.

So simple....after I TORE THE ATV HALF APART AND REMOVED/TESTED THE COILS INSIDE. :mad:

I nominate myself for Fool of the Year. Lesson learned: READ FIRST.

barnett468
04-28-2013, 09:41 PM
Hello

Yes I mentioned your coils were not the problem. Just curious, did you finally download the manual I posted for you and get the info from the page numbers I posted for you to look at?

Glad it finally works.

Doc Holliday
04-28-2013, 09:44 PM
Hello

Yes I mentioned your coils were not the problem. Just curious, did you finally download the manual I posted for you and get the info from the page numbers I posted for you to look at?

Glad it finally works.

Yes, I downloaded the manual...THANK YOU for the link!

barnett468
04-28-2013, 09:47 PM
Hello

No, problem glad it helped, did it take 30 minutes to download like it did for me?

Doc Holliday
04-28-2013, 11:23 PM
Hello

No, problem glad it helped, did it take 30 minutes to download like it did for me?

Naaaah, it was about 10 minutes or so...not too bad. Thanks again for the help! :)