PDA

View Full Version : More carb issues >:(

CodyRosa
04-29-2013, 01:09 AM
Well i'm back.. with the most carb issues anybody has EVER heard of lol. So some may know my tank was very rusty and I was running bad brown gas. My tank is red koted now and the gas is clear like it should =) Well I took my carb apart, cleaned it up, put the o ring and washer in the fuel/air mixture screw and everythings back in place. I reset my mixture screw(still no idea what factory settings are) and turned it out a few.. as of now I can see 2 lines of thread on the screw. So a few turns out but not to many.

So I was driving it (screw at the time was like 1 turn out) and of course bogged due to no gas so i turned it out more and more until I was able to drive it(figured doing this slowly would be good) I figured out I ran perfect with half choke, so i assumed more gas is needed, and thats just what I did. Gave it even more gas(maybe 1 more turn) and then it started acting up, the plug is ALWAYS black, no matter what I do. I put choke all the way on and it stays running, all the way off and it runs fine. Plug is a soot black that can wipe off. So today i turned it out another turn and it finally turns off with choke up all the way, not instantly like it should, it takes about 10, 15 seconds and still might not shut off.

When the machine is cold it runs fine, could idle ALL day, when its warm it'll idle for 5 seconds when i let off the gas or it'll die.

I'm just so confused with the plug, it was black to begin with, and is still black the further i turn it out, but the further i turn it out the better it seems to act =/

Sorry to keep asking all my carb issues but I can't seem to figure this one out on my own..

Thanks guys

P.S. my choke works fine, AND the machine starts up 1st pull. Could this have to do with valves maybe coming loose a little on me? It never did this before.

barnett468
04-29-2013, 02:41 AM
Hello Cody Rosa

I already told you how to do all this in all the pm's you sent to me.

I also told you that your jetting was close but the minor "bog" you were havimg was due to your excessively "tall" gearing and that you had to change your gearing before you could do any more carb testing.

"(still no idea what factory settings are)"

You know exactly what they are because I sent them to you and I went over them in detail with you so why are saying something that you know is not the truth?.

You also somehow originally misunderstood the screw setting I gave you and set it to 5.5 which was the FLOAT setting in mm and did not tell me you did this so I was trying to give you jetting advice based on your incorrect screw setting. When I found out what you did I told you I never said that and you said I positively did. I told you to prove it or I would no longer help you so you found my post with the info and sent it to me thinking I was proven wrong when in fact it proved me right for which you sort of apologized.

I told you that you can not do a plig reading with a black plug and yet you are now still trying to do a plug reading with a black plug.

You said your bike was running fine except for the tall gear problem I told you that you have. Now you are back with another problem.

WHY DID YOU TOUCH IT?

Why do you refuse to fix your big problem of tall gearing?

Why are you trying to plug read a black plug? Once they are black they will not likely go light again no matter how lean you make it so you are wasting your time trying to read it.

Why are you giving information you know to be false?

How do you think you are going to get rid of your bog that's caused by tall gearing if you refuse to change the gearing?

elevatorman
04-29-2013, 06:44 AM
darn,easy on him......

CodyRosa
04-29-2013, 01:06 PM
Yes barnett the tall gearing will fix my bogging when going up hills, THATS IT.. tall gearings isn't going to change the fact it can't idle when warmed up. Why did I touch it? I didn't have an O Ring or washer in the fuel mixture screw. AND you NEVER told me what factory settings where, you told me you were looking and never PMed back about what it was. Yea my bike was good except it bogged terribly, now I got it to bog a little(barely) but it wont idle when warm.

Yes black plugs can turn white again if you run lean, i've done it countless times. I even wiped the soot off the plug, made it white and it turned black again.

You could have easily said" Cody, you are clearly running lean, or Cody, you are clearly running rich" instead of freaking out on me. I don't have our messages anymore to look back on.

Oh yea i just remembered why i HAD to switch the settings. I was setup for cold weather, now that its warm I HAD to change it because the wheeler was bogging CONSISTENTLY. You couldn't even ride it in 2nd gear on a straight way.