PDA

View Full Version : honda 350x cant rev

jawalth6
05-01-2013, 12:15 AM
My Honda 350x runs great until you give it gas then it chokes out and dies. But idles well. it ran good then I replaced the fuel valve and disconnected the coil, headlight, and cdi box and painted the frame and exhaust. Also put on an inlet duct(tube coming out of the air box). Now it doesn't rev up. Taking of the inlet duct doesn't change anything now. What could be the problem?

Flyingw
05-01-2013, 12:37 AM
Did you clean the paint off of the wire harness grounding point and between the engine and frame mounts?

jawalth6
05-01-2013, 12:49 AM
Not on one of them. I will do that and see what happens. But i would think it would just run good or not at all.

barnett468
05-01-2013, 12:55 AM
Hello

After checking ground and with air box back to stock try running it with the choke half way on, then turn choke off and try with lid removed from air box, then put choke 1/2 way on also and see what happens. Unplug and replug cdi in, could be a bad connection. reinstall air box lid.

jawalth6
05-01-2013, 01:02 AM
Will do. I forgot to mention it does a little better with the choke on. But still not close to right. That makes me think its the carb, i am just surprised it would clog all of the sudden.

barnett468
05-01-2013, 01:40 AM
Hello

Yeah but it's 28 years old that's like a million in cat years, lol. Try draining the gas from the fkoat bowl first into a narrow clear glass [not plastic] via the drain screw.

Do the air lid test anyway,

Is the gas orange?

Is there rust flakes or debris in it?

Is there water drops in the bottom of the glass?

Did the old gas valve have crud on it?

Does the new valve have a built in filter?

If not install clear plastic inline filter.

Try again with air box lid on now that the float bowl gas is clean.

jawalth6
05-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Its fixed! Thanks. I drained the gas out of the bowl and it had water in the gas. So i drained all the gas and put fresh in. It ran ok then and as i rode it it got better and better.