PDA

View Full Version : CNY, solid looking '86 200x!

RIDE-RED 250r
05-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Other than the welded rear hubs, sounds/looks pretty solid for the price!

If I can sell a couple things I know I'll be looking into this if it's still for sale... But I'm sure it won't last too long at that price being there are a fair amount of is 3ww guys in the area....

Somebody pick this thing up before some DB gets it and runs it into the ground!

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/rvs/3780051843.html

atc007
05-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Will be interesting to see how long he has it. He thinks he has a gold mine. And yes,,,these bikes are sexy in the pics. But,,axle/hubs,undoubtedly brakes,maybe clutches,,etc,,,,it counts up. I wouldn't pay that. And he doesn't "seem" like he's going to listen to the facts well. Will be a nice one after solid day of work.

RIDE-RED 250r
05-02-2013, 09:16 PM
I hear ya Bill on the likelihood of other issues to address. But man, 2nd gen 200x's come up soooo rarely round my parts. I would pay the guy his 1200 gladly if I had it right now..

Last summer was the last one I saw. It was probably a little nicer than this one, supposedly just needed rear brake work. It was for sale for $450. Gone in a couple hours, then it popped back up in a different town 3 days later for $750. Ad again only lasted about a day. Then a week after that it popped up in yet another town for $1100 and again the ad was gone within 2 or 3 days. Thing got flipped twice in a little over a week. IMHO the initial owner had no idea what he had but that first buyer sure did! LOL! For some reason, the "desireable" ATC's seem to bring a premium in my area.

I'm currently looking to sell some other stuff I have (none of my trikes are on the block :)) And If I can raise that 1000-1200 that lil X is coming home with me! :)

Maybe when I actually go 2nd gen 200x hunting I'll come visit ya! ;) Or employ you to find me one and I would hook you up with a broker's/finder's fee... ;) :beer

t65h
05-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Joe,
Check Buffalo Craigslist. A 200x frame for $50, another showing triple trees for @20. One add saying a 1987 200x for $1000/obo. I would need to check the numbers because I do not believe all of the "1987's" until I can verify it.
Tom

RIDE-RED 250r
05-02-2013, 09:32 PM
That possible '87 in Buff looks to be in a bit rougher condition than the '86 in Canastota.. to my eye anyway..... Maybe just me though

MIK6
05-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Hey.. justben is coming to my place from buffalo this weekend. Hes helping me w my 350x, welding t65h's 250r chassis, picking up a T3 500 chassis that I brought here from mass, dropping a bike here for brapp and meeting up w another guy to swap a yami200 w a protec for a 150cc atc70.. im sure he would transport a 200x here.. lol

MIK6/ Mike

t65h
05-02-2013, 09:58 PM
That possible '87 in Buff looks to be in a bit rougher condition than the '86 in Canastota.. to my eye anyway..... Maybe just me though

Joe,

I agree, I think the 1987 is interesting due to the year. There are a lot of 200x's coming up in Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse area lately. I live in Rochester and would be happy to help you out any way possible.

Tom

atc007
05-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Hey.. justben is coming to my place from buffalo this weekend. Hes helping me w my 350x, welding t65h's 250r chassis, picking up a T3 500 chassis that I brought here from mass, dropping a bike here for brapp and meeting up w another guy to swap a yami200 w a protec for a 150cc atc70.. im sure he would transport a 200x here.. lol

MIK6/ Mike

Heck yes!! Not like he has anything ELSE to do lol !! Go BEN GO !!!!!!!!

atc007
05-03-2013, 10:47 AM
I hear ya Bill on the likelihood of other issues to address. But man, 2nd gen 200x's come up soooo rarely round my parts. I would pay the guy his 1200 gladly if I had it right now..

Last summer was the last one I saw. It was probably a little nicer than this one, supposedly just needed rear brake work. It was for sale for $450. Gone in a couple hours, then it popped back up in a different town 3 days later for $750. Ad again only lasted about a day. Then a week after that it popped up in yet another town for $1100 and again the ad was gone within 2 or 3 days. Thing got flipped twice in a little over a week. IMHO the initial owner had no idea what he had but that first buyer sure did! LOL! For some reason, the "desireable" ATC's seem to bring a premium in my area.

I'm currently looking to sell some other stuff I have (none of my trikes are on the block :)) And If I can raise that 1000-1200 that lil X is coming home with me! :)

Maybe when I actually go 2nd gen 200x hunting I'll come visit ya! ;) Or employ you to find me one and I would hook you up with a broker's/finder's fee... ;) :beer

Wow. You have been looking huh !? It's a nice bike, I just get SOOO turned off by these guys who think they have such incredible stuff without doing a very small amount of research. Or in this guys case... he kNOWS it needs a rear end,and still wants retail.. I'll hold ya to that meet and greet lol. Anytime at all :)

MIK6
05-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Hey is that meatbox's 200x? If it is it is definitely a good running trike. Ive been on it..
MIK6/ Mike

RIDE-RED 250r
05-03-2013, 04:43 PM
I'm not sure whos trike that is.... I just assume if it was a member, chances are they would advertise here as well???

You are right though Bill... The fact it will likely need an axle and hubs does diminish the value a bit. Unless one can get lucky and the hubs weren't welded by a good welder and just a little grinder work would take them off without sacrificing the axle....

And Tom, I appreciate the offer very much. I just have been torturing myself window shopping for a 2nd gen 200x. I spent a fair bit of money on my recent R build and the Mrs. would be none too pleased to say the least if a bought another wheeler right now unless I sold something and raised the money first...

Mike and Tom: Still looking forward to arranging a day in Mike's garage wrenching! And also, riding up in your playground Mike... That's all Eric has been talking about lately! :)

t65h
05-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Joe,

i am looking forward to working on the r as well. I am in my last Master's course right now. I will be done in July. I have been in school since 2007. I want a 350x but my wife would kill me if I purchased one. One came up today for a descent price but no pics or info but a phone number.

RIDE-RED 250r
05-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Hold the phone!!!

Did I just read that Mike now has his 350x??!! :Bounce:naughty:

MIK6
05-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Hold the phone!!!

Did I just read that Mike now has his 350x??!! :Bounce:naughty:
Its the white 85 350x that was next to my 86 200x in my barn. Been sitting for about 5 years. It has 2 broken exhaust studs and a blown rear master. Bens coming to give a hand w the studs tomorrow and I just won the 1st 350x master rebuild kit that I have seen on ebay! So I ordered a new air filter cleaned the tank and carb and she fired rite up! Once the new studs show she will be a rider once more! It will need fork seals once you get a chance.. lol
I have 1 more 85 sitting w my name on it for a later date.. lol

MIK6/Mike

t65h
05-05-2013, 04:22 PM
He has an 85 "with his name on it" only because he won't give me the address!!!

RIDE-RED 250r
05-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Gotta love the competition between siblings!

Why do you think I built a 350r??!! :naughty: