PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a specific kind of Utility ATV

TrickShot
05-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Have a question for the group. I'm not sure how long ago it was, maybe like 8-10 years or so. I saw a Utility ATV that had a space where the fuel tank normally is between the handle bars and seat, there was an open space to make it easier for what I thought was to slide your feet/legs thru (kind of like a moped) instead of lifting ones leg over top the ATV to sit down on it. Something makes me want to say it was a Bombardier, because I believe the fenders were yellow. Reason I am asking is my Dad is getting older and has difficulty lifting his leg over the machines anymore. He enjoys getting outside still, I just want to find something that is easier for him. So does anyone remember seeing something like that to steer me in the right direction? Thanks

just ben
05-05-2013, 11:34 PM
You are correct that it was a bombardier. it would have been a traxter or a quest. They also had one that was made for john deere,I don't remember the model name though.

TrickShot
05-06-2013, 12:23 AM
Thanks just ben, that Traxter was exactly what I was looking for. Now I just have to do some research on them and see what I can find.

Side note, has anyone ever owned one, and care to give a ride report or review?

atc007
05-07-2013, 10:00 AM
They are not the most reliable . A lot of electrical problems,weak a arms. Etc. John Deere's was a buck. They can be found fairly cheap. Good luck !

84honda200s
05-07-2013, 12:08 PM
they are also known for killing cranks. a crank is about 900.00 for them. i had a quest with a bad crank so i traded it. it was in good shape other wise.