PDA

View Full Version : Help! Wher does this cord go and whats the point of it?

kwheeler
05-05-2013, 09:57 PM
I noticed it on my 1985 honda 250es after heavy braking with a trailer didnt think it did anything took it off because i couldn't find where it plugs in, ever sense the trike been running worse and worse need help. where does it go and what does it do? it been clunking and thumpping in th back end. thanks

obijuan
05-05-2013, 10:05 PM
if its the little rubber hose with a clip on it on the brake backing plate, it is a vent line for the brake drum assembly. its a sealed unit and needs a vent.
just put that somewhere where water wont pour into it or submerged and suck water into the brake assembly.

just like a crankcase vent or your rear end vent. as for it running worse and worse, check the flux capacitor.

kwheeler
05-05-2013, 10:43 PM
thanks a lot, new to 3 wheelers but love them, what do you mean by th flux capacitor? if ya dont mind

thestud25
05-05-2013, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE=kwheeler;1222767]thanks a lot, new to 3 wheelers but love them, what do you mean by th flux capacitor? if ya dont mind[/QUOTE}

Flux capacitor, Google it.

kwheeler
05-05-2013, 11:00 PM
no info on it? how do I adjust it? what does it do?

Howdy
05-05-2013, 11:51 PM

It pulls your leg and makes you gulible. LOL

Very Very Vague info here:

I noticed it on my 1985 honda 250es after heavy braking with a trailer didnt think it did anything took it off because i couldn't find where it plugs in, ever sense the trike been running worse and worse need help.
To get answers to running questions like this you need to explain what it is or isn't doing. When you give vague information you will get some off the wall replies.

Now it's my turn:
The guys above think it's the flux capacitor. I don't agree. I think it's either the muffler bearings or the power band. Have you replaced either of them?

tri again
05-06-2013, 01:18 AM
so ever since the trailer pulling the vent tube it runs worse?
Help me understand 'worse".
Hard to start, won't idle etc etc.
I HATE it when a 250es doesn't run PERfectly.
We're really here to help.

dougspcs
05-06-2013, 07:22 AM

Get your trike up to exactly 88, then you'll find out!!

You going 'Back to the ...........', ah on second thought never mind I'll just let you see for yourself!!

kwheeler
05-06-2013, 08:29 AM
It's thumping when i use the throttle in gear, idles fine, starts fine, and runs fine it sound like there's something stopping it, final drive oil and oil are fine dont know ha the problem is, it jump when i give it throttle because the problem is slowing it down.

3wheeled roofer
05-06-2013, 08:44 AM
sounds like maybe brakes are hanging up. Maybe rusted? better check out brakes. shoe might be broke and hanging up. I have a feeling that the flux capacitor is just fine and its located next to the muffler bearing.......lol

atctim
05-06-2013, 08:49 AM
you either have a brake problem or a rear bearing problem. Your 85 Big Red don't have a Flux Capacitor - they only came on the 86s and 87s. I think a good aftermarket sourcefor the Flux Capacitor was McFly Racing.

barnett468
05-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Hello

Is English your first language or are you French Canadian etc?

What is the "chord" made out of?

Does your motor run good in neutral?

Does it “thump” in neutral?

Is the thumping in the engine?

Is noise in cylinder or bottom of engine?

What EXACTLY do you mean by sounds like something’s stopping it?

Does it accelerate ok or does it feel like the BRAKES are stuck on or dragging a little?

Does the motor make noise when you are driving it?

Is the noise in the REAR END?

Does it feel like the transmission or rear end is “skipping” like it has a missing tooth?

How heavy was the trailer you were pulling?

You may have damaged the rear end, trans or clutch pulling the trailer.

Can you post a video of the bike and the noise and the chord on youtube.com and put a link to it here, youtube is free?

barnett468
05-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Can you push it easily in neutral?

Does it "thump" while pushing it?

kwheeler
05-06-2013, 09:30 PM
I did notice it a little harder to push in neutral and no thumping barnett468, and english is my first language LOL, cord is fixed, runs good in neutral and even in gear after I take my hand off the throttle, reverse's fine, or at least what I noticed, thumping sounds like it in the rear end, the sound is like its trying to push through like when your in a high gear stoped and then trying to go like slow acceleration, doesnt feel like its missing a tooth trailer was full of rocks and i was going down a hill, I will post a video on my channel, will do a video but not for two weeks sorry :(

barnett468
05-07-2013, 12:31 AM
Hello

I did notice it a little harder to push in neutral and no thumping barnett468,

Your bike looks totally mudded out, the first easiest thing to check is the brakes. Forst make sure the brake pedal is moving freely and returning to proper position. The pivots on these dry up and get dirty causing the brakes to stay on.

Take the rear brake drums off clean, check everything.

Try it again.

xxxxx

english is my first language LOL,

OK

XXXXX

cord is fixed, runs good in neutral and even in gear after I take my hand off the throttle, reverse's fine, or at least what I noticed,

OK

XXXXX

thumping sounds like it in the rear end, the sound is like its trying to push through like when your in a high gear stoped and then trying to go like slow acceleration,

This is an incoherent statement to me, I don’t understand what you mean at all. You need to find a more exact, specific way to describe your problem.

xxxxx

doesnt feel like its missing a tooth

Does it sound like the rear end or brakes?

Does it thump once per revolution of the rear tires?

If you fix the brakes and it still makes noise it is most likely in your rear end.

Xxxxx

trailer was full of rocks and i was going down a hill, I will post a video on my channel, will do a video but not for two weeks sorry

barnett468
05-07-2013, 12:43 AM
Does it get slower the longer you ride, sounds like brakes are stuck, they will drag more when they get hot bit brakes don't typically make a thumping or klunking noise.

If your brake drums are extremely hot after around a 15 minute ride that is definitely at least 1 problem.

kwheeler
05-07-2013, 08:17 PM
it is when the rear makes a turn it sounds like, but it also did it when it was going really slow and wasn't turning it was thumping, gonna fix the brakes, if it still thumps then ill reply to this thread again