PDA

View Full Version : How about a security camera thread?

Scootertrash
05-07-2013, 09:42 AM
I posted this here since it's related to trike thieves. I'll leave it to the discretion of the Mods as far as if it belongs here or in Open Discussion.

In light of the most recent couple of threads about thieves, How about the members with security cams post up what system they have, the cost, and maybe a link to that particular system, along with a short review about quality, etc?

I'm beginning to look at camera systems for my home since I live in the country and could use the help sorting thru the various systems, plus it may help others to find a good system for their home.

Thanks Guys!

obijuan
05-07-2013, 10:02 AM
i love mine, keep the govt leaches off my junk. ive got a few cameras around the house. records in real time in great quality. i have it set where it will have like 30 days video, and then it will overwrite. and i have a monitor in the bedroom to watch it if something happens. give me a few seconds heads up, anything is crucial if chit really goes down.

also im stereotypical in their eyes. shotgun shell christmas lights up all year, texas flag flyin, redneck. if theyre gonna mess with me, they at least know some hillbilly aint going down soft.

digital watchdog has served me very well, five years with no issues. my model is no longer listed because of age. theyre only getting better. i can watch my cameras on the internet should i be away from home. i spent about 1200 bucks and installed myself. it protects not only my three wheelers, but all my other junk and my wife when im not there.

http://dwcc.tv/product_Dvrs/product_list.asp?category=Stand%20Alone

i sourced cameras here locally, and cant comment on DW cameras.

atc007
05-07-2013, 10:21 AM
While I am not at ALL real comfy sharing much of anything on the internet,this is one thing I sure as heck won't be posting lol ! But what KB and my friends and I have sounds basically the same,except I popped for HD everything. I am a firm believer of doing it once and doing it right. But,,my friends that aren't hd are amazing also to say the least! License plates or anything. Eye color? Maybe ,maybe not. Get what you feel are good to better/best cameras,and there are tons of free apps depending on your phone,iPhone/droid etc. And you can sit at Ruby Tuesdays watching over your home/property. Be it one screen or all matrixes. The more area you want to watch, The more cameras you will have,. I think I'm in about $1800,,,but that was a long time ago relatively speaking. And these things improve faster than computers tech wise. Whatever you get,you will want it all stored in a cloud. Makes things SO simple ! Again,,the schitbags I caught hunting on me. I never knew they were there! That was a very,,very long story which ended VERY cool !!

tri again
05-07-2013, 05:34 PM
me?
h freight bunker hill 4 camera hard drive motion sensor and night vision is almost better than daytime. under 200$ been working for over 2 years.

Overwrites after 2500 hrs or something like that. or I can go back a couple weeks at least.
Critter cam backup. (40$)

2 dollar pull pin SCREACHERS! Usually reserved for when they're in the truck.

Frankencelery
05-07-2013, 11:47 PM
2 dollar pull pin SCREACHERS! Usually reserved for when they're in the truck.

What's that?

I would love to have a true multi-camera DVR setup, but can't quite afford that at the moment. What I've also been thinking about that would be much cheaper is something I had at my old house, an alarm system that had a chime in the house whenever the garage door was opened. The chime would ding dong, ding dong, until you went and silenced it, which is a little bit of a hassle, but the point is that it would prevent someone from getting into your garage without your knowledge when you're at home. I think I'd like to do that again.

tri again
05-08-2013, 03:34 AM
Hey mr frankenC
Harbor freight has a driveway alarm or called mailbox alarm,
under 20 bucks for sure, supposed to reach 300 ft.
A sensor the size of a pack o' smokes pick up motion like a motion sensor floodlight.
Loud dingdong but shuts itself off.
The ding thing can be in the house or I have one up in the trees so if you walk by the garage, a ding dong just comes from 'somewhere' until you leave.

Pull pin SCREACHERS?
Almost look like a keyring thing but when you pull the pin that has the little teather on it, the sucker SCREAMS till you put the pin back in.
I think it may be marketed like a purse alarm so the strap goes around your wrist with the pin, the actual thing goes in your purse so when the bad guy grabs your purse and runs away, it screams really loud all the way down the street.
Not sure what they're called or where I got them but they are LOUD!! and like 1"x2"x 1/2".

My other favorite trick is to hook a 2 dollar Goodwill radio to an 8 dollar motion sensor for lights so when you walk around the house, some religious channel comes on either comfortable quiet or reallyreally LOUD too.
Ya gotta get the old style radios with an actual 'click' on type switch, as the newer momentary push buttons wont come back on if the power shuts off.
I've had a few outside like that for years, in the weather and they still work.

The motion sensor video from H Freaight has been working for over 2 years now too.
Pretty sure I paid less than 200$ for it and the critter cam was under 40$.

ps - the bunker hill 4 cam unit came with a little cd so you actually can log on and see your cameras from the net or phone app. never tried it tho

plastikosmd
05-08-2013, 06:35 AM
Multicamera dvr system professionally installed. Was not cheap but quality is excellent. Can sit and surf images and events from my iphone, toggle through cameras in life time etc. Speco mobile is the phone app