PDA

View Full Version : 1982 Tri Moto 125 Help

NatesTri125
05-09-2013, 07:48 PM
so i have an old thread on here thinking that my lighting coil was bad, i replaced the whole stator and the magneto, put new bulbs in and sure enough same problem, i was talking to a friend that had an old snowmobile that did the same thing and he said his problem was the ignition coil was shorted out so it was backfeeding the ground, i pulled my coil off and looked up some coils online and my coil doesn't look anything like the coils online mine has two wires an orange and a black and when i do a continuity test to the two wires it makes a circuit, the only numbers i found on the coil are 1g39. any ideas?

NatesTri125
05-09-2013, 07:58 PM
so i just looked up that number on the coil and it is for a yamaha outboard motor....i am assuming it isn't the same one for the three wheeler huh?

NatesTri125
05-14-2013, 04:27 PM
it was the ignition coil that was the problem. i switched it out and put a new head light in it and no more popped bulbs, can anyone tell me what this # bulb the taillight takes?

RIDE-RED 250r
05-14-2013, 05:31 PM
I have found on my Honda's that an automotive marker light works fine in the tail light. Pull out the bulb and go to your local parts store, they should be able to match you up with a cheap automotive equivalent. I have an automotive marker light in the tail light of one of my R's and it works just fine....