PDA

View Full Version : 10 ugliest atv's article with pics

barnett468
05-10-2013, 08:44 AM
Hello

Came across the following article, just posted it for fun and because it had some nice photos of the atv's when they were new whether you like them or not.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://outdoorlife.com/files/editor_files/quad/features/1985-yamaha-tri-z-250.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.outdoorlife.com/articles/hunting/deer-hunting/venison-recipes/2009/08/ugliest-atvs-ever&h=361&w=594&sz=172&tbnid=UHhMD8zdUSyAhM:&tbnh=84&tbnw=139&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dyamaha%2Btri%2Bz%2Bsale%26tbm%3Disch% 26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=yamaha+tri+z+sale&usg=__Nu0087Y6Q7HFMbXRG9RYZ3miP4w=&sa=X&ei=xOiMUcrwM5C89gSn_oCwBA&ved=0CB8Q9QEwAA

IKE-Z
05-10-2013, 08:59 AM
It might just be me but I think the first one isn't ugly at all.

MIK6
05-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Lmao!!
NOW lets see who owns the most of them on the list. ..

I got a Z, 84 T3, ytm125 and a 94 trailblazer. .

Soo I got 4 from the list! Im in the lead! Lol

MIK6/ Mike

wildacres00
05-10-2013, 10:20 AM
That Tecate and TriZ don't belong on the list. Can't argue about the Duckster and TriMoto. That Tecate 3wheeler would look good except for that radiator headlight setup.

manbearpig
05-10-2013, 11:32 AM
been here, done this

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/156988-Blasphemy-I-tell-you!?highlight=blasphemy

NeverLift
05-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Ohhh that stings I own 3 of them!

barnett468
05-10-2013, 01:16 PM
That Tecate and TriZ don't belong on the list. Can't argue about the Duckster and TriMoto. That Tecate 3wheeler would look good except for that radiator headlight setup.

Hello wildacres00

Just though you might enjoy a couple short stories about the Duckster and the original T3 since you mentioned them.

DUCKSTER

The concept for the Duckster was thought of by a tiny Japanese graphics engineer named “Ago” who was working in our old building at Kawi in Santa Ana Ca. His work area was just 50’ away from mine. He had the “test” KLT there. I saw him painting the thing [by hand] one day so I asked him what the heck he was doing and he smiled and laughed and then said something in broken English that I didn’t understand, lo.

He also created the original “Jet Mate” concept boat there in around 1984. After 5 years of on and off testing, which included a beer filled weekend stint at the river where we sank a brand new $4000.00 Yamaha outboard motor, it finally went into production in 1989. See link at bottom of page. The only other product that took longer to go from running concept vehicle to production was the Mule.

TECATE

Yes, the Tecate didn’t have the best radiator location but when you read the following one might give it a little latitude. The T3 was the first production water cooled 3 wheeler. It was designed by an engineer that also worked out of our Santa Ana building. He was sent to us from Japan for the sole purpose of designing a 3 wheeler whose criteria was simply build the highest performance 3 wheeler possible that would still sort of run with a spark arrestor and it better be competitive with the Honda because our PRIMARY goal is to win the National Championship and if it isn’t competitive out of the box with just minor modifications we will leave you there to languish in America, lol.

Well, come to find out he had never designed a motorized vehicle of ANY kind from scratch so our hopes were not high. From the time he first walked into our building to the time I received the first prototype was around 1 year, that was an insanely short time frame back then for what was basically a one man design venture without the aid of computer design. He had no help with the chassis design whatsoever and ALL the engineering drawings were done by him by HAND. The motor was designed in Japan. He did not have a Honda in the building to copy. If I didn’t see it for myself I wouldn’t believe it. To this day I’m still amazed by what he accomplished with what little he had to work with.

JET MATE PHOTO

http://www.kawasaki.ca/skins/default/content/frontend/images/common/sections/corporate/jet-ski/89-JET-MATE-650A.jpg

KAWASAKI WATERCRAFT HISTORY WITH JACOBSON ARTICLE AND WATERCRAFT PHOTOS AND ADS

http://www.kawasaki.ca/skins/default/content/frontend/images/common/sections/corporate/jet-ski/89-JET-MATE-650A.jpg

Lmao!! NOW lets see who owns the most of them on the list. .. I got a Z, 84 T3, ytm125 and a 94 trailblazer. Soo I got 4 from the list! Im in the lead! Lol

LMAO!

Ghostv2
05-10-2013, 02:22 PM
If you ask me id say the Tri-Z looks pretty damn sexy. And the Tecate does not look that bad.

tbus93
05-10-2013, 04:07 PM
First quad was a 2001 artic cat 250 was even better when we converted it to 4x4

Overponder
05-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Good article Barnett, that '85 Tri z was my first trike,I thought it was fantastic looking,also had a poster of the tecate-4 on my wall in my bedroom many many years ago,check out the posts just underneath the photos,they're arguing like hell about trikes versus quads,funny!

slashfan7964
05-12-2013, 09:02 PM
I though the Tri Z looked pretty good.

Xfile
05-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Good article Barnett, that '85 Tri z was my first trike,I thought it was fantastic looking,also had a poster of the tecate-4 on my wall in my bedroom many many years ago,check out the posts just underneath the photos,they're arguing like hell about trikes versus quads,funny! It is funny, the whole thing has been blown out of proportion time and time again in the articles comment section. The original article is just an opinion about a few machines looks...its an opinion, who cares. Sure, it sucks when people don't like the looks of something your passionate about but it isn't that big of a deal. I own 2 Z's myself and I think they look awesome, The comment is "they were ugly and fast". First being opinion and the second being a fact and also a compliment on there performance. Not worth getting undies in a knot if you ask me..

Worden18
05-12-2013, 10:52 PM
Don't agree with that list at all. The Duckster is awesome; can't believe the Tri-Z is on there either. Suprised the article wasn't written by Yahoo's writers, they're pretty silly :lol:

RIDE-RED 250r
05-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Eh, those guys probably think a '71 Chevelle 454ss is ugly too!

Leaves more "ugly" trikes for us to rescue and rebuild! :beer

Ghostv2
05-15-2013, 01:30 AM
Your right.
Maybe because they are "ugly" they will sell them for super cheap to us to buy some shiny piece of crap.