PDA

View Full Version : 1984 honda 200es, jumps in hi help!!!!!!

rcurtis16
05-11-2013, 10:33 AM
i think its a 200es, all i know its shaft, when i put her in hi, give her gas she goes, but she stops, revs and then jumps, in low shes fine, you can go all day, i let someone who said they can fix it fool with it, but they didnt know a thing, and got her stuck in reverse now, help please

kb0nly
05-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Your going to have to pull the subtrans apart, the part the Hi/Lo/Rev shifter lever is on, manual is available in my signature below just click the link to my server.

Sounds like you might have a damaged gear for Hi, and now that its stuck in reverse might be because parts are floating around in there, i wouldn't do any more driving/moving of it until you tear apart the subtrans and give a thorough once over.

tri again
05-12-2013, 04:42 AM
x2 w/ kb
Are you familiar enough with the hi lo lever to know if it is, in fact in either one or the other?
(range)
I hit a rock and bent the &^^%$%#o outta mine and it's been annoying ever since.
I should fix it but I probably won't. I just parked it under the tree of trikes with no sense of humor. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

PLease let us know what you find.

imaghostx
05-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Check to see if the pin inside the hi/lo/reverse is still in good working order, mine use to give me trouble

kb0nly
05-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Also try shifting it with the trans in first gear, sometimes the subtrans gets stuck on mine and others that i have ridden, get on it, start it, put it in first gear, then try to shift from reverse to LO, that will usually shift fairly easy but then to get to HI you sometimes have to rock the trike back and forth by putting your feet down on the ground and pushing it front to back. Having it in first gear for some reason releases the binding and will let it pop in when they do this. I know mine used to do it all the darn time, then this last winter i got a plow for mine and started plowing snow all winter, the constant back and forth from reverse to forward when working with the plow seems to have fixed my binding/stuck problem! I guess something was hanging up from not being used much and it finally wore in. The previous owner of my 200ES did say he knew that reverse worked but he just never used it, and i know he wasn't lying by the fact that there was a huge dirt buildup around the subtrans shifter that took washing to get it cleaned out.. LOL