PDA

View Full Version : My 70 got swallowed by a sink hole..REALLY!!

Cave Rider
05-12-2013, 03:54 AM
Myself and R-tifacts went for a ride,I looked back and he was gone...I thought it was a joke. He is ok,however I broke my collarbone 5mins before in an unrelated spill..

Cave Rider
05-12-2013, 03:55 AM
Heres my collarbone!!!

hoosierlogger
05-12-2013, 07:02 AM
Holy crap that sucks about the collar bone.

atc007
05-12-2013, 09:02 AM
Sure Pat,,,, We'll just put around he says. I don't go like hell anymore lol. Really sorry to see this man. My Brother broke his Jan 16th,hasn't healed at all. They will put a plate with a hook in to hold it up in place,then remove it 8 weeks out after the bones meshed. How in Gods name didn't cave rider get hurt!! Should have came down,,we don't have sink holes here! Hope you guys heal well ! Damn.......

90guy
05-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Sorry about the collar bone. But hey your username kinda fits it lol. The sink hole could be a cave :P

Cave Rider
05-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Yeah, this is definitely cave country. There are sinkholes and cracks opening up everywhere around here. it is truly something to be concerned about when riding. I have another sinkhole in my field, that is about half an acre big. you can literally drive a vehicle and it. I would also like to note, to everyone on this board. we were not wearing helmets, this was supposed to be a short and sweet ride at low speeds. As someone who knows better, this is truly a wake up call. Things can go wrong very quick at any speed !!!! I learned a lot from this, and I can only hope some of you will learn from my mistakes as well. Ride safe my brothers !!!

coolpool
05-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Heal well boys, that is some scary chit! ^ Good call on the helmet warning cave; I think we all have caught ourselves in the same lie "I'm only going slow, what possibly could go wrong?"

ATC-Eric
05-12-2013, 02:50 PM
That's pretty crazy!

RIDE-RED 250r
05-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Cave Rider: I wonder, how did your area fare after the massive flooding in your vicinity a couple summers back? Wonder if all those sinkholes popping up are a result of all that flooding???

Cave Rider
05-12-2013, 09:30 PM
The Valleys got hit hard. I am on top of the mountains. I am also near a very large and active mine. They blast frequently,which disrupts the earth quite a bit. Combined with the caverness terrain,the sinkholes seem to be multiplying.

Scootertrash
05-12-2013, 09:39 PM
WOW!! :O

That's wild!

Hope your shoulder heals as quickly as possible. That looks like it hurts.

just ben
05-12-2013, 10:25 PM
lets hear the bone breaking story. take it easy for a while and heal up.

tri again
05-12-2013, 10:49 PM
Can't tell you how many collar bones don't fues.
Usually due to motion too early on.
They'll knit into a sort of fake joint so do whatever your doc says.

Screws are good but it's nice to see them come out after healing.

Sink hole?
was it open or did it open as you went across it?
We have mini sink holes here from beavers and nutria.
walk along without a care in the world and instantly hip deep in nothing.

JasonB
05-13-2013, 11:47 AM
sucks about your collar bone! more than a few of us have broken those on here lol (me included) . Thats scary to think about riding and disappearing into a sink hole!

Cave Rider
07-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Story goes : Im not a drinker. Been drunk about 5 times (seriously). So for my 32nd Bday I put a few back. Well,quite a few.I was feeling good,but not tanked.(forgot the buzz keeps coming) So I hopped on my Grizzly 660 with a 2up seat, accompanied by my couson. Rtifacts takes my sons Atc70. Quarry bound we go !!! Not good enough,so we keep going to a rather large creek and I cross. (Rtifacts on a 70 gets beat) so we get him out and relax. Now im tanked. Sooo...we head back home,Rtifacts leading on a dimlighted 70 and us in follow. We come across a Jersey barrier which requires side hilling to get around. 70 cleanly passes and proceeds to continue. We on the otherhand were rubber dog poop,and had horrible body English coupled with independent suspension and 2up seating. Upside down we go. Im out cold,my cousin is lifting the quad off me. I awoke and immediately tried to help flip it back. My arm wouldnt work. Sobering Adrenaline kicks in and we upright it. We finally catch up to Rtifacts but keep trucking,him not knowing what happened. We finally enter a field and pass him. As I look back after a bit,I notice he is gone. Weird ?? We are in an open field !?!? I turn around and find him standing in the dark,and my sons trike is gone. Down in the hole it was !!! We winched it out and went home BROKEN !!!....

Larry T Moore
07-06-2013, 04:57 AM
we have that kinda thing here in Indiana alla time too..was at a buddy's riding in Bedford and where we usually went thru the woods was gone one morning..luckily we had to stop for a whizz break and he said..why does that look funny over there?...checked it out and there was a hole big enough for a car or two.....after a few rains the side lowered and we go thru it now..but we stop and make sure its just a low spot first