PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Yamaha Tri Moto 200 help please

3wheeled_rogers
05-12-2013, 02:24 PM
This is my last ditch resort to fix this baby.

So the other day i traded my Kicker subwoofer system to this guy for this good looking 3 wheeler. It only has a couple of issues such as once in a while the pull starter will get stuck when fully extended (just hit it and it retracts). But the other problem is the one bugging me the most. It runs and starts fine, but if im doing wheelies for too long or go UP or DOWN hills, it will shut off if i dont stay on the gas, but it will start right back up with no problems... Its not an urgent fix but its annoying. I have rode dirt bikes and stuff all my life and recently got into 3 wheelers last year after purchasing a 1984 Honda big read 200es and was hooked ever since, my dirt bikes are just collecting dust, but i have rebuilt a couple of 2 stroke bikes but havent worked on 4 strokes much (hence why my ttr 125 is still broke down in the barn lol). Im thinking its a carb problem but i wanted a few other opinions on it from the 3 wheeler gods out there.

One more problem i do have with it is today i noticed when im on it and like shift my weight side to side, i can feel the rear axle move a half inch or so, maybe less but it still moves an just doesnt feel right to me compared to my 4 wheelers and my previous 3 wheelers.

note- I found out today after a day of riding that it doesnt have an air filter... the guy never told me it didnt have one, so i made a temporary one till i can find what kind goes in it actually.

I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me, thanks - John