PDA

View Full Version : Bought a Little Boat.....One Big Problem!

coolpool
05-12-2013, 02:52 PM
The ice is still on the lake and fishing opens next Wednesday:wondering And we've seen 84 degree weather last week. It's a 2006 Lund with 15 hp 4 stroke Merc. Should scoot around nicely on the water and the BR moves it around with no trouble. I may extend the tongue so the rear end stays out of the water when launching.

Lord Letto 20
05-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Did you get this one?: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/157546-Anyone-lookin-fer-a-boat
Oh wait, you said 2006, not 1996.

hublake
05-12-2013, 07:29 PM
I never knew where Cold Lake was so I just checked a map. I see the temperature is 81 degrees F. Send some of that my way. I am in northern MI and we had snow showers today and they are saying tonight temps in the 20s F
Nice boat. I can just imagine how great the fishing is up there.

coolpool
05-12-2013, 09:49 PM
I never knew where Cold Lake was so I just checked a map. I see the temperature is 81 degrees F. Send some of that my way. I am in northern MI and we had snow showers today and they are saying tonight temps in the 20s F
Nice boat. I can just imagine how great the fishing is up there.

We have seen some nice weather lately but it does go below freezing every night still. I think we'll see some flurries yet but fingers are crossed. As for fishing our Lakers have to be 30" long to keep them and the Walleye 20". It's not uncommon to catch 75-100 walleye in an afternoon. But as with everything there's good days and bad days. Here's a pic of one 20" Walleye and one nice one.

tri again
05-12-2013, 11:01 PM
I got the little boat part but not figured out the 'problem' part or your post..
Is it ice at 80 degrees?
Isn't canada celsius?

coolpool
05-13-2013, 12:05 AM
I got the little boat part but not figured out the 'problem' part or your post..
Is it ice at 80 degrees?
Isn't canada celsius?

The problem is the ice and putting the boat in; and yes we were at 30+ degrees celsius. Just thought I'd convert since most forum users are from the US. A wicked wind blew in tonight and I'm told the ice is piled up on shore now. I'll get some more pics tomorrow. We just might get to fish on opening day now depending where the ice pan is?

kb0nly
05-13-2013, 12:11 AM
Nice trike and boat! Down here in MN we are looking at a warm week coming, as high as 90 on Tuesday, thats Fahrenheit of course... LOL

Quick question after looking at the pics.. What type of tires do you have on that trike? Do you have a different one on the front then the rear? Couldn't tell with the picture. I am asking because a buddy of mine here is getting his 200ES up and running and now he is on the hunt for tires and liked the look of yours, i happened to have this post up and the picture caught his eye.

Thanks!

Scootertrash
05-13-2013, 08:19 AM
I saw on the news that the ice was pushing on shore on Mille Lacs, one townhouse was minimally damaged. It was really weird watching the ice push ahead on TV.

coolpool
05-13-2013, 11:10 AM
Nice trike and boat! Down here in MN we are looking at a warm week coming, as high as 90 on Tuesday, thats Fahrenheit of course... LOL

Quick question after looking at the pics.. What type of tires do you have on that trike? Do you have a different one on the front then the rear? Couldn't tell with the picture. I am asking because a buddy of mine here is getting his 200ES up and running and now he is on the hunt for tires and liked the look of yours, i happened to have this post up and the picture caught his eye.

Thanks!

The rear tires are ITP Blackwater's and the front is a generic something or other. There are better pics of them in my album if you're interested.

kb0nly
05-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Ahh ok thanks! They are nice looking tires. The last of the ice on the lake here is piling up on the shore with the warm stretch and the wind we have had the last couple days, so looks like fishing might actually become possible soon.. LOL

dougspcs
05-13-2013, 01:57 PM

My brother and I got a bit of fishing in when we went to Kearney a couple weeks ago..we were really surprised that there was still as much ice on the lake..a late spring everywhere for sure.

Lucky thing was that the wind had been out of the west the day before and there was a stretch of water open in front of our cottage approx. 500 yards x 700 yards. The entire rest of the lake was still covered with 4-6 of honeycomb ice.

Anyway we dragged the boat into the water and fished for about 2 hours..my brother caught a beauty 7-9 pound laker that unfortunately didn't make it to the boat because we didn't bring a net. Got it close enough for me to get my gloved hand on it..then parted the line and took off. My brother was bummed!!! Not even a picture to show for it..

But a beauty day!!