PDA

View Full Version : Found a stolen bike

the 80s rule
05-13-2013, 10:06 PM
NYS police told me my neighbor had his dirt bike (RM 125)stolen early Sunday. I took my dog for a walk found a trail followed the trail (it was pushed threw tall grass) and found it behind a house 1/8 mile away under a tarp dumb ass kid denied taking it. They are not pressing charges because they got it back.

just ben
05-13-2013, 10:34 PM
They are not pressing charges because they got it back. Good way to teach the kid he just needs to take it farther away next time.

obijuan
05-13-2013, 10:43 PM
At least shoot his shift foot off.

the 80s rule
05-13-2013, 10:46 PM
I hope this kid is scared strait, or next time they won't need me to lead them
To his door.

the 80s rule
05-13-2013, 10:49 PM
Also I saw foot prints all the way leading me to think he never got to ride it, if he had ridden it down the street and made
The left on to his street I never would have found it.

Dirtcrasher
05-14-2013, 12:55 AM
He needs a good beat down. If done properly, he won't steal again :D

86T3
05-14-2013, 07:12 AM
I hope this kid is scared strait, or next time they won't need me to lead them
To his door.

Why would the NYS SS care about recovering stolen property when they could sit in their cruisers and grab low hanging fruit all day?? It takes a lot of time to figure out how to spend 100K/ year.

Ghostv2
05-15-2013, 01:24 AM
I would not of left him off that easy. Not even close. AND he lied about it.
Didnt even get a slap on the wrist.

oldskool83
05-15-2013, 11:51 AM
it happens, maybe he needed some cash, maybe it was a dare or a thrill and didnt know what to do with it next. Was the dirtbike sitting outside when it was taken? I'm no promoting theft, just saying typical things are peaced when they are sitting around. I pass about 3 atvs left out side everyday nice ones too. I think owners need to not advertise and let keys in things. Hope the kid does not do it again. Its typicaly a fellony if it has a motor and is on wheels. running or not steet legal or not. I'd let the kid know this. Kinda wish schools tought 1 class of law also, I think it would help people just knowing what possible chrimes can cost. after all they teach not to put your peinis into a vagina cuz it will make a baby....

rjs89ia
05-15-2013, 12:27 PM
I dont think having a class on law would help much the stupid ones like that kid dont even go and if he does he doesnt pay attention anyways. Lawyers are what made kids the way they are now anyways no offense. But if there was a little less law on the judicial side and a lot more law at home on the front lawn, livingroom or where ever a good trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro whippin could take place to teach these kids a lesson, we wouldn't have to worry about our stuff walking away when we turn our backs. But anyways its a good thing that you could see to getting the neighbors bike back atleast now you can keep an eye on that little rat that stole it. If it was me I'd do a little invasion of privacy and maybe put up a trail cam around his house so you can see if he steals anything else or atleast find out who his friends are too.

El Camexican
05-15-2013, 12:30 PM
And the parents reaction?:wondering

the 80s rule
05-15-2013, 10:33 PM
I had not met my new neighbors they moved in in January. I saw the bike in the garage which faces the
Road. It was moved to a shed with no lock they were going to get one but thought what's one night with out
On Sunday it was gone. They tried to follow the trucks but weren't as successful as my 5 year old, my 13 year old blind dog and my 40 year old self. I was not there when the NYS police interviewed him the neighbor
said "the kid just lied to the police said he didn't know how it ended up behind his
house under a tarp" there isn't a lot of riding spots a small one behind my house next to the house he stole
it from Not a whole lot of thought went into this if he had walked it in the stones on the side of the road I
would not have found it in less than 45 minutes.

the 80s rule
05-15-2013, 10:41 PM
The only other things that I know is he has a younger brother that has to ride his bike to school
because he was kicked off the bus. Lawsuits what they are today a would guess the school system
must not be to worried having to defend it the reason if he is hit on his way in and the house is for sale.
A guess might be a crummy up bringing/bad home environment, not a good reason just a guess.

El Camexican
05-16-2013, 03:05 PM
For your sake I hope they sell it soon.

malibulvr
06-11-2013, 05:14 AM
Kills me, not exactly a poor neighborhood either. Wonder if the parents even cared that the kid took it.

tri again
06-14-2013, 06:41 PM
I've known of people who steal stuff and come back and HELP you look for it.

hatc200x1
06-14-2013, 08:59 PM
This guy in the next town over got his grill stolen. 1 day later it comes back with a note in it reading "We are very sorry, my son stole this, here are 2 free Minnesota twins tickets for your troubles." and there were legit tickets in there. Well anyways, the game had a specific date like a few days later, and when they were gone for the game the crooks cleaned out there WHOLE house. So beware of this if you get an object stolen and it has some type of appology with a prize.

DasUberKraut
06-14-2013, 09:20 PM
This guy in the next town over got his grill stolen. 1 day later it comes back with a note in it reading "We are very sorry, my son stole this, here are 2 free Minnesota twins tickets for your troubles." and there were legit tickets in there. Well anyways, the game had a specific date like a few days later, and when they were gone for the game the crooks cleaned out there WHOLE house. So beware of this if you get an object stolen and it has some type of appology with a prize.

That's clever as hell.

kb0nly
06-14-2013, 09:23 PM
I would be take the tickets out of the grille hide my vehicles down around the block or at a friends house, and then sit quietly in the dark in wait for them........ Let em break in, once they are in my "life is endangered" and i take care of business my damn self...