PDA

View Full Version : ok, I need some parts and dont want to step on toes.....

TxPowderCoater
05-19-2013, 01:13 PM
I am obviously new here and am here because I would like to get to know people, learn stuff and to buy some parts that I need for my 83 ATC 200. I guess I have to wait for 10 posts to even see the classifieds section, I tried to respond in the commencement section and got a message waiting on admin approval to post in my own intro thread.
Point of this thread is that I do need stuff and guess I have to wait, or just bomb 10 threads or go to ebay and buy and Id rather buy here and not just post for the sake of posting in threads.
I agree with new folks not being able to sell stuff until we gain the forums trust via posting and being helpful or buying stuff from other members and building up a good history....but why cant I see the for sale classifieds so I can spend my new money here instead of elsewhere?

I also know as a new guy what I think doesnt matter but as a new guy I would hope my input would be welcomed and considered.
Timothy
here I go to push the "submit new thread" button and not even sure I'm allowed to even post, here it goes...

shortline10
05-19-2013, 01:15 PM
What parts do you need ?

TxPowderCoater
05-19-2013, 01:29 PM
whelp, All of the following on a 83 ATC 200....for starters, I need a suitable gas tank, that doesnt have the holes in the bottom like this one has.
I already have the carb off and in the vat, I will need a new front tire, the rear tires are ok just need tubes I guess. but tires and tubes can be found on 3w sales site I think I saw them there. I'll be needing various brake cables and hardware I think, havent torn into that yet, maybe this afternoon if I get time.
Timothy

DasUberKraut
05-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Before posting about not being able to gain access to the classifieds to shop for parts. You should compile a list of what you actually do need. People may take you a little more seriously. As opposed to saying you need a bunch of stuff and want to buy from here. Then you list off a couple random things that are easily cheaper on ebay. Brake cables, hardware, inner tubes.

Welcome to 3WW.

TxPowderCoater
05-19-2013, 02:22 PM
dang dude, how would I know if they are cheaper there if I cant see them here? Just saying
Not at all trying to be an ass, but I do need parts, I'm sorry the list wasn't long enough for you. really, if you cant help, why post? again, not trying to be an ass, but dang man.
go ahead...I just need 3 more and then I can shop freely....You got any atc 200 parts or you just wanna bust balls?
and thanks for the welcome indeed.
btw, I did see a plastic tank replacement on google the other day, but then again, thats not supporting this forum.

Before posting about not being able to gain access to the classifieds to shop for parts. You should compile a list of what you actually do need. People may take you a little more seriously. As opposed to saying you need a bunch of stuff and want to buy from here. Then you list off a couple random things that are easily cheaper on ebay. Brake cables, hardware, inner tubes.

Welcome to 3WW.

Howdy
05-19-2013, 03:12 PM
dang dude, how would I know if they are cheaper there if I cant see them here? Just saying
Not at all trying to be an ass, but I do need parts, I'm sorry the list wasn't long enough for you. really, if you cant help, why post? again, not trying to be an ass, but dang man.
go ahead...I just need 3 more and then I can shop freely....You got any atc 200 parts or you just wanna bust balls?
and thanks for the welcome indeed.
btw, I did see a plastic tank replacement on google the other day, but then again, thats not supporting this forum.

We allow new users to post a wanted posting / thread in the new members section. Any member ( more than you think ) that see's it and has the parts or some of them will post up and or PM you. Some members that sell stuff are on here quite a bit and reply quickly. Others may only get on 1-2 times a day or less. It's first come first serve on selling / buying here. Just generally speaking: As long as you treat others with respect you will find many members will even point you to places to find the parts at the best value / price.

The thing we need to know is what all parts do you need. Some of us have a lot of parts and might have everything you need. It generally is cheaper to buy everything from one user and have it shipped in 1 package. Some of us do package deals as well ( more you buy the less per item ). This is why t's better to have a mostly complete list. It saves the seller time because they don't have to search 2, 3, 4, 5+ times for parts when they could have done it in 1 shot. ;)

Addressing the Classifieds: As far as the classifeds goes it's random users with random parts for sale or wanted. I get the impression you think it's only one member selling parts for machine "X" and another for machine "Y" on the forums. It's not like that at all. I have seen 3-4 users with simular parts for sale at the same time on Page 1. Other times nobody has parts for sale on a popular machine. You never know for sure what is gong to be wanted or for sale.

Also, you said 3 more post to go before the rest of the public forums are opened up to you. Don't forget you need to be a member for 2 months as well. We do have some members that have been here for over 8 years and have under a 10 post count. They have to get to 10 posting as well.

Howdy

DasUberKraut
05-19-2013, 03:15 PM
A lot of people seem to like the Clarke plastic tanks. I personally wouldn't spend that much.

The only 200 parts I have are front ends. And they are spares for my converted 125m. Sorry, bud.

TxPowderCoater
05-19-2013, 03:25 PM
no sir, I understand how classifieds work, thats why I searched and found a forum that deals with the type of bike that I have. As you know, there are forums for every subject matter and these forums are made up of people that have the same interest and always have parts , items pertaining to whatever subject matter it may be etc etc etc.
my post was only to say, as a new guy, I pop in and find that the new guys cant even see the classifieds until they spend a certain amount of time getting to know the friendly folks here, and I thought it odd that an internet search would bring you to the mecca of 3 wheeling folks and a kabillion parts, but you cant see em or buy em or spend money with the folks of the forums ( I could ask in my intro thread, but heck, dont ya love browsing the classifeds and see what you dont need but want anyway?).
I certainly am not new to forums, I have been on a few for almost 10 years, was just saying I thought it weird I couldnt pop in and spend money, I understand I'm not allowed to sell (some forums make you wait for 50 posts to sell) otherwise you would be spammed crazy by people, but to be in the search engines well enough to draw the bugs to the light, why not reap the benefits? thats all. carry on, nothing to see here :-)
and the reason my list wasnt a mile long because it is a new aquisition and I mentioned stuff I know immediately to need replacing, I am sure there will be more and more as you know, its an addiction and thanks for having me and I'm at post #8, woot 2 more!.

TxPowderCoater
05-19-2013, 03:26 PM
A lot of people seem to like the Clarke plastic tanks. I personally wouldn't spend that much.

The only 200 parts I have are front ends. And they are spares for my converted 125m. Sorry, bud.
honestly, I just didnt like the look of the plastic tank and was hoping to find an original for mine

Larry T Moore
05-19-2013, 06:18 PM
too bad yer in Texas...a local CL has a 200m and another trike for 75 bux

TxPowderCoater
05-19-2013, 06:44 PM
^^ Damn! just like today, went to the local flea market and a complete but non running atv, guessing 10 yrs old maybe, and it sold a few minutes before I walked up for $25.00. damn indeed :-)
btw, I'd still rather be in Texas :-)

arthur6
05-20-2013, 12:13 AM
I have a pretty good tank off a 1984 ATC 250r
Will it fit your 200?
Holds gas just fine, no leaks
Can send a pic
$48 shipped

TxPowderCoater
05-20-2013, 12:39 AM
I dont know if it fits the 83 or not. I will do a smidgen of research, the price sounds more than fair, I appreciate that.

falloutboy
05-20-2013, 03:16 AM
fairly certain a 250r tank will not fit

...however...

I have a 85 200m tank that should fit your atc200. None to very little rust inside. has a good sized 'nuts' dent on the top of the tank. I also have the hand to rear brake cable, foot brake cable. I'd do $50 for the tank and $5 for each cable + shipping. if you're interested, I can send pics

ps2fixer
05-20-2013, 05:05 AM
I have some 185S parts that should interchange with the 200s, once you build a list of parts post it, I'm subbed automaticly to threads I post on, so I get an email notice.

Generally tires are cheapest used locally, or new on ebay in pairs or sets depending exactly which one you are going for. For OEM tires this site probably is best. New cables are pretty cheap on ebay. Hardware and such would probably be best from here.

Just my $0.02 :).