PDA

View Full Version : Charles Ramsey - And the whole Ohio kidnapping situation. (Amanda Berry)

TheRealFatShady
05-20-2013, 02:48 PM
I didn't see a thread on this, but I'm sure everyone has heard about the guy in Ohio who had 3 girls and a young child (by him and one of the captive girls) locked in his house. The girls had been missing for around a decade, possibly more for one of them.

A few things I noticed:

1. Amanda Berry seems to be the only one getting attention. There were three girls. Pretty and white....nothing to do with it, right?

2. Three brothers were arrested, yet only Ariel Castro was charged for the holding the girls against their wills and rape. So his two brothers knew nothing of it? Three of them, and then three girls???

3. Charles Ramsey - the neighbor who helped rescue the girls. I actually have a lot of respect for this man. He may be 'ghetto' or 'thug'-like to some people, but I appreciate his candor. He seems to call it they way he sees it, probably doesn't even know what 'political correctness' is, but he knows people and how they are, and how the world really works.

Much like Ramsey, I don't think he's a 'hero' but rather someone who did the right thing and was at the right place at the right time. And my personal opinion is that it only magnifies how shitty our society has become that doing the right thing - things that any decent fellow should do - makes someone stand out so much.

I give the guy a lot of credit. He said openly had he known about this before, there would have been a very different 911 call, because his and his crew/posse/friends/entourage would have taken care of business. When asked about a reward money that had been offered for at least one of the girls, his response (not verbatim) was essentially "Keep it. Or give it to them girls, they could use it. I got a job right now. I just did the right thing."

He talked about cajones being the difference in how we are as people. Sometimes you need to step out of bounds and get involved with others even if its not your business or place. I couldn't agree with this more....just a week or two ago I almost got into an altercation with weapons because I saw a grown man about to beat a child in public for no good reason.

It's sad that I feel humanity has some redemption from him, and not from politicians, police, family, friends, judges, etc. I really have a lot of respect for this man, and he's funny as can be, just by being himself. I give him props on that as well.

.................................................. ......................

Here's one of the interviews from that day.

http://youtu.be/gcLSI3oyqhs
Notice how he freaks out when he hears a siren? Lol.

Here's a song someone made out of his interviews. Some may not think it's in good taste given the circumstances, but apparently it's been going viral.

http://youtu.be/nZcRU0Op5P4

Charles Ramsey is the man!

Scootertrash
05-20-2013, 08:54 PM
It's good to see this, and it needs to happen alot more..

Far too many people today have the attitude "If it doesn't affect me why should I care?", which is one of the reasons this country is going in the crapper. People used to stick up for what is right. Not anymore.

M.Pargiello
05-20-2013, 09:13 PM
What can I say? Even Americans hate America

Dirtcrasher
05-20-2013, 10:20 PM
Very good points Ryan!!

TheRealFatShady
05-20-2013, 10:26 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.