PDA

View Full Version : No more "little" MX track at Haspin Acres

MRSOUND
05-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Just seen on Facebook that Haspin Acres is currently turning the small MX track into a new "mud hole"! Although I'm not a racer myself I spent most of the day watching and thoroughly enjoyed it. I did see that some of our members have already chimed in on their post about doing it just weeks before TF, but it looks like they have already started the demolitionDammit.
https://www.facebook.com/haspinacres?hc_location=stream

kiser
05-20-2013, 04:59 PM
That kind of sucks but at least there is still a track we can use. I wish they would put in a flat track also!

Flossyb20
05-20-2013, 05:37 PM
Any thoughts on the mx races this year??? Perhaps replaced it with a scramble of some sort?

rray62
05-20-2013, 05:56 PM
I thought we could cut the track in half, instead of turning left to the 120 footer, go straight. That would cut most of the track down. If the unsuspended didn't want to do that, there is the pee-wee track that runs inside of the main track, or they could just do the main circle at the finish line. Joe spoke with Brian Morgan and he said that they are going to start having practice on the big track every Wednesday, which means it should be prepped good for Friday.

Bryan Raffa
05-20-2013, 06:45 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: This totally sucks ....

sanchez
05-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Wait they are BUILDING a mud hole ? Maybe been on the left coast to long but shoting gulls with a mortar seem just as good an idea.

If we bring diesel will they let us not me someone responsible, build it. They leave at night then bam morning comes new track for haspen i know we can do this we ride 3wheelers we can do anything.

ATV On Demand
05-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Last I was told, the small track isn't coming back until the fall. I'm glad to see the racing moving to the big track. It shouldn't be rock hard since they are practicing on it Wednesdays and they can get the watering truck around the entire track so it shouldn't be a white out dust bowl as it usually is. People will even be able to get out of 3rd gear.

Change is good!

Bryan Raffa
05-20-2013, 08:27 PM
Last I was told, the small track isn't coming back until the fall. I'm glad to see the racing moving to the big track. It shouldn't be rock hard since they are practicing on it Wednesdays and they can get the watering truck around the entire track so it shouldn't be a white out dust bowl as it usually is. People will even be able to get out of 3rd gear.

Change is good!

this is where a short track leveled the field... now it will be .. all HP! some guys will lose BIG TIME!

jeswinehart
05-20-2013, 08:42 PM
I am sure they will still find a way to get that dam water tractor stuck,,,,

CRAZY70MAN
05-20-2013, 09:32 PM

Change is good!

Not always.... I have seen some good races with young up and comers on unsuspended 70's and some great battles in the unsuspended class. The point of Trikefest I thought was to be a vacation and to have fun. I have turned lots of laps on that big mx track and can tell you that there will be consequence if you turn loose unseasoned riders who hit a big jump in 4th gear or try and roll a jump that is not meant to be rolled on a big red. Let's face it... that track is set up for bikes that fly and are way faster than any of the best riders on any 3 wheeler. I think we need to limit the classes.......maybe open.....2 stroke a and b and 350 x class. You may not want to see some people get out of 3rd gear that have never been on a mx track???? Hope we all still race though.....and have a fun safe weekend...... It is Trikefest after all....not a national championship:rolleyes:

Howdy
05-20-2013, 09:39 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: This totally sucks ....

I agree 100%!!! WTH are they thinking?

ATV On Demand
05-20-2013, 09:59 PM
Cant we please still have fun racing motocross? Isn't there a parade scheduled after the racing ends?

Let the non-susspended machines race the pee-wee track

Ghostv2
05-20-2013, 10:26 PM
Everyone commenting on that picture is PISSED.

captainweezy
05-20-2013, 10:36 PM
This in my opinion is a huge part of trike fest. Sucks

stroberts22
05-20-2013, 11:15 PM
This seems to be a trend with all my favorite ohv parks lately. St joes is getting ruined and now haspin. There's a lot more money catering to the 4x4 crowd.

Howdy
05-20-2013, 11:20 PM
Maybe they will let us make a smaller trail to cut the big track down some. I hope to get to Haspin soon to find out our options.
Howdy

Tri-Z 250
05-21-2013, 12:37 AM
Quoted from Fabiodriven:
There were MANY occasions last year where I cleaned up after other people. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Nobody made me do what I did, it was my own choice and I'll do the same thing this year. I'm not here to point fingers or ask for thanks. I just want to try and make people aware of what they have and to appreciate it. I brought trash bags down to the river on more than one occasion last year and picked up hundreds of beer cans. Very few people helped me (Dianimal helped). Another day I was at the Shoe Tree the day after a night of debauchery. There were literally HUNDREDS of beer cans tossed everywhere. I personally dragged a barrel over there by myself and picked up every last beer can and piece of trash by myself. It took me about 30 minutes while 3 of my friends watched me and didn't help. I'm not mad at them at all, it wasn't all their trash. They shouldn't have to pick it up. I just can't look at it. Same thing at the Backbone. There were beer cans rolling down the hill as the riders were coming up. Then once the event cleared out, it was time to pick up there as well.

Guys I'm just asking everyone to be conscious of what we have at this place and to take care of it, not destroy it. We are welcomed with open arms by these fine people who let us tear their park up 24 hours a day for that week with VERY lenient rules and a smile on their faces. If they get upset by the trash, it is not going to be cool. I picked up a lot last year, and I'll pick up again this year, but please try to lend me a hand. If you go to the river, or anywhere for that matter, take 5 seconds and grab a couple of trash bags to take with you. Put your trash in the trash bag and don't be ashamed to pick up someone else's trash either.

You might think this has something to do with with the decision to take away the small track? The $10K+ in gate fees/concessions don't seem to get you much pull TF's way....Might as a group look to reinventing the consideration level of your realationship and show a standup approch(like Fabio). I think they just showed TF how much they enjoy your company or money. They'll spend more $ on that mudhole than it would have taken to prep/redo the track and add a gate...How many extra trucks you think will show this weekend just for the mudhole under lights??? I'd bet not enough to cover the operators hours and fuel. TF guys are a lock and they know most are commited to drag strip rip and sip. Why complain on their page and say you suck, it only confirms their distaste....You can say I'm wrong but the fact is your 38 days away with no say in the matter. They won't turn TF away but TF has NO barring on what they do. If you want that kind of pull consider leaving the place nicer than you found it.

MRSOUND
05-21-2013, 06:21 AM
Not always.... I have seen some good races with young up and comers on unsuspended 70's and some great battles in the unsuspended class. The point of Trikefest I thought was to be a vacation and to have fun. I have turned lots of laps on that big mx track and can tell you that there will be consequence if you turn loose unseasoned riders who hit a big jump in 4th gear or try and roll a jump that is not meant to be rolled on a big red. Let's face it... that track is set up for bikes that fly and are way faster than any of the best riders on any 3 wheeler. I think we need to limit the classes.......maybe open.....2 stroke a and b and 350 x class. You may not want to see some people get out of 3rd gear that have never been on a mx track???? Hope we all still race though.....and have a fun safe weekend...... It is Trikefest after all....not a national championship:rolleyes:
I agree with crazy70man's statements 100%. Except what about us old wannabes? :lol: As I stated previously I'm no racer. That being said the thought had crossed my mind on trying a semi suspended race if I had a trike I thought reliable enough to compete (and there weren't that many competitors:D) . Not so much on the big track, it's pretty intimidating to some of us who never raced 3 wheels before. Hope there are still races regardless as mentioned above because I still enjoy watching those who are capable of handling the big track. Hopefully by the time next yr rolls around they will have another "small' track available for those of us who live vicariously through the guys/gals who race regularly. I think it's worth mention that my favorite race moment last yr is was when the 2 BR's crossed the finish line in reverse! It don't get any better than that!:beer

Bryan Raffa
05-21-2013, 06:59 AM
I think its time to start lookin at the Bad Lands to hold this event.... Just Look at this place!! http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/

http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/#!park-features/c1scb

Mosh
05-21-2013, 07:16 AM
I think its time to start lookin at the Bad Lands to hold this event.... Just Look at this place!! http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/

http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/#!park-features/c1scb They have always had a STRICT No Booze policy. Many TF attendees wouldnt make it past the gate of the cooler checkpoint..Check the rules and FAQ. I have heard from friends in the past they are serious. They won't look the other way on rule violations like other Parks do.

TimSr
05-21-2013, 07:25 AM

http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/#!park-features/c1scb

I think thats an excellent idea! I would even come back.

Riding hours are from 9am-6pm. No alcohol, coolers physically checked at the gates. Adjoining campground also has no alcohol, but will let it slide if they don't see or hear you. If you start your bike during non-riding hours, they boot you out. Fireworks, they boot you out. Excessive noise after 10pm, they boot you out.

Great place for families, and rules strictly enforced.

I used to vacation there every year.
I'll even set it up. :Bounce:naughty::Bounce:naughty::Bounce:naughty::B ounce

Bryan Raffa
05-21-2013, 07:29 AM
Cool Ill bring the Air Horn.. it don't say nothing about that!!!! HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get It GOING!!!!!!!! are you a cop in training? your always POINTING RULES OUT! like a Debbie Downer.....:rolleyes:

Yes I posted the Link......I can Read! Haspin has slid a long way down.. time to start looking!

Ill stll be there no matter what.....

Daddio
05-21-2013, 07:42 AM
That kind of sucks but at least there is still a track we can use. I wish they would put in a flat track also!
I'm with you on this one Kiser!!! Now that would get me out there racing!!!

Kintore
05-21-2013, 08:42 AM
I dont mind racing on either or, I think the whole spectators watching will suffer the most. Best thing about the small MX track IMO

TimSr
05-21-2013, 08:50 AM
are you a cop in training? your always POINTING RULES OUT! like a Debbie Downer.....:rolleyes:

Not a cop. I have just found that respecting the property owner, following his rules to the letter, and treating his permission to use his premises as a privilege instead of an entitlement, and showing appreaciation for extras makes for a far more solid relationship and a better willingness on their part to go out of their way to accomodate guests with extra help which they are not owed.

I know rules are a downer and not cool, but I have yet to see a property owner more impressed with cool than gratitude and respect, Haspin included.

Bryan Raffa
05-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Not sayin the rules are a dower you took it wrong.. that's not what this thred was about...let's not get into the whole respect of other people speech .... think of it this way .... fabio wouldn't have to pick up beer cans!

Mosh
05-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Keep this thread on topic of "what to do about this years" MX track change vs. changing the venue location all together, and who's rules suck less than the other guys rules.

If you all want to discuss a new location for TF, then start another thread. There is no more need to enage anymore topics other than how TF planners and attendees can get around this years hurdle.
And just as a precaution, I would advise not to bombard Haspin's facebook page with impolite rants of displeasure. Personally I don't think it will be of any posistive movement if they get slammed with nasty comments.

captainweezy
05-21-2013, 09:06 AM
If no unsuspended/semi suspended/big red class then maybe do something different like a rodeo type event? I know it sounds goofy but its just an idea.

Bryan Raffa
05-21-2013, 09:07 AM
Now your telling people what they can and cant say on facebook? Did I just understand that correct?

Mosh
05-21-2013, 09:15 AM
I never told or demanded anybody anything. I simply offered some advice to keep any suggestions to Haspin polite in nature.
Now your telling people what they can and cant say on facebook? Did I just understand that correct?

manbearpig
05-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Quoted from Fabiodriven:
There were MANY occasions last year where I cleaned up after other people. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Nobody made me do what I did, it was my own choice and I'll do the same thing this year. I'm not here to point fingers or ask for thanks. I just want to try and make people aware of what they have and to appreciate it. I brought trash bags down to the river on more than one occasion last year and picked up hundreds of beer cans. Very few people helped me (Dianimal helped). Another day I was at the Shoe Tree the day after a night of debauchery. There were literally HUNDREDS of beer cans tossed everywhere. I personally dragged a barrel over there by myself and picked up every last beer can and piece of trash by myself. It took me about 30 minutes while 3 of my friends watched me and didn't help. I'm not mad at them at all, it wasn't all their trash. They shouldn't have to pick it up. I just can't look at it. Same thing at the Backbone. There were beer cans rolling down the hill as the riders were coming up. Then once the event cleared out, it was time to pick up there as well.

this is just disgusting reading this. what could possibly make someone think that this is ok? if we allowed this to happen out here in CA at ANY ride spot, it would be game over for EVERYONE

Billy Golightly
05-21-2013, 10:01 AM
I have just banned 2 very long time members of the site for their posts and intentions in this thread.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear.

I will not allow dick swinging contests on my site for issues between people. This isn't a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro highschool hallway. Settle your trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro elsewhere. You don't have to "technically" break the rules to get banned if trouble seems to follow you.

You may now proceed with the complaints and disappointment of the removal of the small MX track, of which is the original title to this thread.

ATV On Demand
05-21-2013, 10:21 AM
What is the big deal about showing up, cutting the big track in half like Chickenhawk and Howdy suggested, putting the non suspended trikes on the pee-wee track, or make them an even further cut down version of the big track and continue with having fun?

I mean, if the small track were always in good condition and now we have to race on a pile of crap I could see being pissed, but the small track was so dusty last year, that I wouldn't even get both cameras out of the truck to film with, for fear of them being destroyed. Does everyone really enjoy racing single file in one anthers dust?

Most people who race at Haspin pay money to race, How much have we paid them for the use of the small track beyond paying to enter the park? NOTHING!

That is the only well lit area at Haspin, and they are looking for a way to draw more competitors and spectators throughout the year to make more revenue. They have a big truck, buggy, and 4x4 ATV following out there, and they want to make more money. Seriously, were we willing to throw in $20-$25 per class for use of the small track like the other MX racers out there? If not, we shouldn't be complaining. '

Did we all forget that people not taking responsibility for their throttle hand is what got 3 wheelers in trouble in the first place. Now everyone is complaining that they need this small track to help them control themselves. Next, we will be blaming other people if someone gets hurt. If you cant ride, slow down, if your trike doesn't have great suspension, slow down.

I have been watching these races on YouTube and wanting to attend for years now. Lets adapt and have fun!!!!!

fabiodriven
05-21-2013, 10:31 AM
Mountains out of mole hills guys.

There is still a track there, and a very nice one at that. As stated, cut the big track short and don't over-ride your capabilities, very simple. They welcome us with open arms there and I personally am quite ashamed that so many people would turn their backs on people who have welcomed us so greatly. The hostilities are completely unwarranted IMO...

Same people causing the same drama the same way they do at every trike event and making us all look bad...

thestud25
05-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Guys, the small track was a blast, but let me put it as a wise man once said; Deal with it, find a replacement, or quit bitching! Haspin has gone out of their way for years for TF, they have bent many rules and ignored some as well, and they give us a discounted rate that the other park customers do not get.

I agree with Howdy and Ray aka Chickenhawk. Let's cut the big track in half and roll from there. I bet we could even get some hay bales locally to help do this. Either way, this will not ruin TF13 for me!!

ATC-Eric
05-21-2013, 10:52 AM
We can adapt. No reason to try and change venues. Life will go on. Fabio, should have a little trailer with me this year for the big red, Ill be more then happy to help with cleanup.

Howdy
05-21-2013, 04:15 PM
We can adapt. No reason to try and change venues. Life will go on. Fabio, should have a little trailer with me this year for the big red, Ill be more then happy to help with cleanup.

To address Fabio's point: How about we Publicly point out anyone who doesn't clean up after themselves?
Remember to pack out more than you packed in. I'm not perfect by any means, but my camp area is always better than when I came. ALWAYS!!!
Howdy

Dirtcrasher
05-21-2013, 06:36 PM
Makes me a bit saddened but I go there to meet and hang out with members that share my same passion; As well as get away from my crazy tenants.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what my plans were. I wanted to prep on my track for the smaller Haspins track that was safe.

I am 42, I am no pro and I cannot get hurt. We will have to see what they come up with.

It will be fun nonetheless. I wish they had waited a few more weeks.......

rray62
05-21-2013, 07:31 PM
The way I'm suggesting is actually a very safe track, with the small track at TF11 actually having more jumps. There is a six pack section, I really wouldn't call them whoops, but easily rollable. Next would be a triple, looks to be only 2' tall if that and very rounded. It can be easily singled or doubled with a little speed, I think I could only clear the entire jump on the crf450. Next would be the long roller section. This is the only section I would advise everyone to use judgement, start slow and work your way up. It can be done in the 3rd gear range safely without throwing you all over the place. A nice long downhill straight into a huge berm turn, where you approach the biggest jump. This jump can be rolled by a 70 or short jumped by an SX with ease, followed by the finish line jump, which looks like they turned it into a camelback triple. The good thing about that is if someone tries to double, it's an uphill jump meaning you're not actually falling out of the sky on the landing, which makes it more forgiving. As for spectating, this is going off of memory of course, but I think if we all gather where most people park off to the right when you enter the fence, you should see 85 to 90% of the track.

Dirtcrasher
05-21-2013, 08:32 PM
That makes feel better Rob. When I first read this topic I tore my whole track down and ate 2 dozen donuts; Almost cut the 350RX in half J/K :lol:

We will make something happen. Just let me know when your coming in and where your campsite is :D

Flossyb20
05-21-2013, 09:10 PM
The big track is way more fun to tool around on...I just don't have the balls to race on it the way it is...those two big jumps would kill me if I attempted them at any speed past a crawl:-) We'll just have to get together early on in the week and get a decent track laid out that we won't refer to as the "widowmaker" after TF!

ditchmud
05-21-2013, 09:12 PM
My biggest disappointment on this topic is for the spectators, photographers and videographers. The small track offered excellent viewing of most of the track and it was cool to see people hanging out together to watch the racing.
Will the racing continue? Of course!
Will we adapt and overcome? Yes!
Will I still attend Trikefest? DUH!

rray62
05-21-2013, 09:48 PM
None of the jumps on the track I suggested would be considered "widowmakers", that's why I opted out the 120 footer. These aren't do or die. As long as you aren't 4th tapped on a R or X, it is a very soft landing, and the take-offs have a nice transition, no kickers. I would not suggest something that I felt was unsafe for this event, I know everyone aren't racers.

stroberts22
05-21-2013, 10:17 PM
This guy looked like he could ride good till around 1:57 at the finish line jump. They probably already changed it sense this happened. IMO Not really suited for 3 wheelers or 4 wheelers but I guess we can make it work.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MObXOkBy8s

ATV On Demand
05-21-2013, 10:43 PM
haspin's big track is a tame quad track. well, compared to this
http://youtu.be/oXQ4yklBQXE

rray62
05-21-2013, 10:56 PM
This guy looked like he could ride good till around 1:57 at the finish line jump. They probably already changed it sense this happened. Not really suited for 3 wheelers or 4 wheelers but I guess we can make it work.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MObXOkBy8s

Yes they have changed it a lot since then, this was taken back in '10. Here is someone going slow on the track now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Di9kGAklJ0

Tri-Z 250
05-21-2013, 11:17 PM
On the Haspin link it shows a Dozer on the Dragstrip, and a mention of a NEW sand strip being created. It says ready in June...Is that before or after TF? Whoever is in charge and in contact with them for TF better ask questions then get back to the boards...and ONLY that person alone. It's possible they may be throwing it in for TF to break in(which should be praised by all TF riders). If not I guess you can figure out another option there too.

stroberts22
05-21-2013, 11:18 PM
Man, someone else went down at 4:20 on the slow ride video. I'll have no problem riding on the big track just giving my opinion.

Howdy
05-21-2013, 11:18 PM
Lets look at this whole situation as we look at other things pertaining to our Beloved 3 wheelers. What do we do when they quit making a part for our machines? We find a solution whether it be a used part, a different part that will work fine, or someone steps to the plate to remake the part.

The fact is the Small track is gone. We can sit on our key boards and complain about it. OR we can put our heads together and come up with a workable solution to address the problem. Fact is we do have the large track. We may also be able to cut the track down a little ( pending Haspins approval ). This could actually work to our benefit. What if we can modify the big track to make a smaller section but yet still have the whole track option as well?
We could run some classes on the short part and the experts could have the large track. This should help everyone that races.

The down side of using the whole large track will be we MUST have more helpers. I would love to see people stationed around the track so "If" something happens someone is there in seconds instead of a minute away. No matter what WE must plan for the worst and hope for the best. yea, we only have 4 weeks till TF13, but it could be a lot worse. We could have found out about this a week or even just days before TF. Think of us having 4 weeks to prepare for this as a blessing. Our glass is 1/2 full NOT 1/2 empty.

Lets Do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Instead of complaining offer solutions and we can show everyone we are cry babies ( no offence or refference to anyone ), we need positive workable solutions. Post away!!!
Howdy

ATV On Demand
05-21-2013, 11:19 PM
Chickenhawk's track layout

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/217297_10152477202777837_1837914697_n.jpg

rray62
05-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Man, someone else went down at 4:20 on the slow ride video. And that's the jump I said I would ONLY hit on the CRF. The dude got crossed up, the slow guy didn't go down.

Billy Golightly
05-22-2013, 12:01 AM
On the Haspin link it shows a Dozer on the Dragstrip, and a mention of a NEW sand strip being created. It says ready in June...Is that before or after TF? Whoever is in charge and in contact with them for TF better ask questions then get back to the boards...and ONLY that person alone. It's possible they may be throwing it in for TF to break in(which should be praised by all TF riders). If not I guess you can figure out another option there too.

I called about that weeks ago and all they are doing is re-working the existing dirt there and power raking it for rocks, re-leveling, etc. There isn't going to be any new material or anything brought in.

Eric250R
05-22-2013, 01:15 AM
Of course we can still race, and we will. But you need to understand that a lot of people are intimidated by the big track, are there is certainly more potential to get hurt on this track as compared to the small one. I think from this alone you will see a decrease in MX participation. I believe it really needs to be stressed before the flag drops that no one should ride beyond their ability, easy to say here, but some will need to be reminded when the time comes. Lets try to keep it safe guys, and I don't like the idea of cutting classes out. We just need to find another way. See you all in a few weeks guys. :D

Eric250R
05-22-2013, 01:18 AM
Hmmmmm, didn't see your layout Rob before writing this, that would certainly be better and maybe keep the speeds down a little.

Xowner
05-22-2013, 01:35 AM
Tf guys I am Bryan Morgan and my number is 513-551-9661 I make all the stuff at Haspin and run the events let me no how u want the track and I will make it so

Tim or one of the guys running the MX needs to get a hold of this guy and make the best of it. This info was posted on the FB page.

JasonB
05-22-2013, 09:36 AM
thats cool they are trying to appease our group. Some interesting comments on the FB page as of last night too

keister
05-22-2013, 01:15 PM
No reason for anyone to get too upset.
We will still have MX on Friday at noon AND we will not be cutting out any classes.
As usual, there will be advanced sign-up coming very soon. I will start a thread around June 1.

I will call the guy that runs the dozer in the next day or 2. He has offered to accomodate us.
Chickenhawk's layout looks very reasonable. Rob, will you be at TF by Wednesday? If so, you can help us with any last minute fine tuning.

I would have preferred to keep it at the small track too, mainly for the spectators. But the big track does have bleachers and most of the racing action will be in view.
As Howdy stated above, we will need more helpers / flaggers. Luckily, trikers are a very cooperative bunch, so I don't foresee a problem.

Welcome to the next chapter in 3 wheeler racing!! I will post more after I talk to the track guy at Haspin.

rray62
05-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Yes, I will be there this year on Wednesday. I'll be more than happy to help out. I should be rolling in between 12:00 and 3:00. I want this to be safe and enjoyable for everyone, and if anyone has any doubts or questions about any part of the track, I'll be more than happy to work with them all the way up to the event. I believe the spectating area I circled should give everyone a really good view of the entire track.

Dirtcrasher
05-22-2013, 04:40 PM
IDK what the lap times were on the small track x3 laps but hey, Some of us are not in their best shape :D

But I hope wholeheartedly that they will make it safe and hopefully still technical with similar lap times.

Don't forget, I named myself "Dirtcrasher" for a reason :lol:

thestud25
05-22-2013, 04:59 PM
William, I will be there all week starting Sunday, so if you need me Wednesday for anything let me know!

thestud25
05-22-2013, 05:07 PM
Here is a thought based upon Chickenhawk's design. If we used the cut across that is highlighted in my photo with a red "Star" then would could put a set of bleachers in spot "A". If we use the long cut off, we could put some bleachers in spot "B". Just a thought.

rray62
05-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Awesome idea, I like your thinking!!! That's another good spot to watch

thestud25
05-22-2013, 06:03 PM
Awesome idea, I like your thinking!!! That's another good spot to watch

Glad you like it. I am just trying to think outside the box. I am sure there are some barricades that we can put up if we put a set of bleachers out there. If not, I will kick in some bones to pick up some straw bales or hay bales.

Kintore
05-23-2013, 09:54 AM
Im in to help mark/ flag/ set up this new track. Just let me know. This could be fun!!!

Eric250R
05-23-2013, 02:59 PM
And just throwing this out there, but i'm all in favor of doing away with mx altogether and doing a full on gncc style harescramble. :twisted:shens

fabiodriven
05-23-2013, 03:25 PM
And just throwing this out there, but i'm all in favor of doing away with mx altogether and doing a full on gncc style harescramble. :twisted:shens

I'd be in for that as well.

Billy Golightly
05-23-2013, 03:42 PM
We kind of tried a harescramble a few years ago, and it *could* work, but its going to take several days prior of setup, configuration, flagging off, putting up arrows, etc. Derrick Adams and a few other guys did a real nice job of setting one up back in 06 i think it was, but of course, it rained like a SOB the night before and then while we were having the harescramble, and well, you can imagine how that turned out.

JasonB
05-23-2013, 04:08 PM
would be so down for a harescramble!

Eric250R
05-23-2013, 05:01 PM
If we could get a few guys together I would be more than happy to help set up a harescramble

JasonB
05-23-2013, 05:20 PM
i can volunteer to help rope off or set up a course. Or something. Free set of hands starting wednesday night if you need em! I got time lol never done a HS before but totally in for it.

Eric250R
05-23-2013, 05:34 PM
Would be rough to pull off on such short notice unless we really had a lot of guys step up and pitch in, but we can always look around and get an idea of want we want to do, contact the appropriate people at haspin and have a solid game plan for next year. Not saying no to this year by any means but as I said it would be rough to pull off.

stroberts22
05-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Last year at trikefest I noticed there was a xc track already marked out on the trails. Could talk to the guy that left his # on facebook and find out if they are holding a xc race before trikefest and if they could leave the markers up. It would be hard to score though without some check points. The series I run has bar codes on your helmet and they have bar code readers at the finish line that records your number and times plus they have checkpoints to make sure no one cuts the coarse. They also do a dead engine start that pretty cool.

jeswinehart
05-23-2013, 11:09 PM
I do not know what a Hare Scramble is (and nobody needs explain it to me right now) but I know what "help" is and I am definitely all about that so factor me in to do what ever I can (please)

john

Flossyb20
05-23-2013, 11:11 PM
And just throwing this out there, but i'm all in favor of doing away with mx altogether and doing a full on gncc style harescramble
I think I saw a similar suggestion around post #3:lol: I'm up for whatever, I'll just have to be slow, but will do whatever I can to help out.

Eric250R
05-23-2013, 11:44 PM
I think I saw a similar suggestion around post #3:lol: I'm up for whatever, I'll just have to be slow, but will do whatever I can to help out.

Cool, somehow looked over that. Going to make a new thread now so we can stop crapping on the MX thread.

Dirtcrasher
05-24-2013, 12:14 AM
18" Fast Treckers are here. All I had to do is help build a Corvette 383. This has been a ton of prepping for me; And it is raining AGAIN!!!!

We MUST have a MX track no matter where I place!

Pray for dry weather!

atc400x
05-24-2013, 12:40 AM
John your the best.
I do not know what a Hare Scramble is (and nobody needs explain it to me right now) but I know what "help" is and I am definitely all about that so factor me in to do what ever I can (please)

john

rray62
05-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Keister, what time would you like me to be there Wednesday, and I'll try to make it?

keister
06-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Keister, what time would you like me to be there Wednesday, and I'll try to make it?

Sorry, just saw this post. Still working out travel / caravan details, so I don't have a solid ETA yet. I do know I will be there on Wednesday afternoon. Obviously would like to scope out the track before sundown. I talked to Bryan, who maintains the track at Haspin. He is going to meet up with us on Thursday. More details on that in the following post.

keister
06-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Bryan, Haspin's track guy, and I had a good conversation on the phone. He said that he will do whatever he can to accomodate our needs for MX. Just keep in mind that anything they change for us, they will have to change back after trikefest, so there are costs associated with our needs (operator time and diesel fuel). Pete and the gang at Haspin have always accomodated our needs for trikefest, and that won't change.

With that said, the good news is that he is on board to help make this track friendly for trikes. I told him we wouldn't need much. Basically remove any huge dirtbike kickers off the tops of jumps (he does disc the track in reverse, which is good news). Also told him we may need a "shortcut" to short circuit the track if the course is too long. Also, no problem. We will just have to see what it looks like when we get there (which is every year, even with the small track).

He agreed to meet me (us) there on Thursday to make any changes that we need.

More good news. There is a mini track inside the big MX track. This was made for 50cc dirtbikes (I am guessing PW50's). He said there are some small jumps and obstacles on it. I think that will be great for the unsuspended class, and depending on size, possibly even semi-suspended. Again, we will have to see the size and layout when we arrive, but we do have some options.

rray62
06-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Awesome, I'll see you then.

jensenracing77
06-13-2013, 05:13 AM
I have just banned 2 very long time members of the site for their posts and intentions in this thread.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear.

I will not allow dick swinging contests on my site for issues between people. This isn't a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro highschool hallway. Settle your trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro elsewhere. You don't have to "technically" break the rules to get banned if trouble seems to follow you.

You may now proceed with the complaints and disappointment of the removal of the small MX track, of which is the original title to this thread.

LOL, I just heard the news and had to come see. If this is all it take to get banned I should have been banned a very long time ago. I think I remember using the word Beerfest and Drunk fest here a time or two. Maybe I had better not use these words anymore.

jensenracing77
06-13-2013, 11:49 AM
And just for the record, If TF (or any big 3 wheeler event) was ever to be held at the badlands. Contact me first. I am friends with the former owner and he still has major input there. They were my major sponsor when I was racing full time. Not many know that park as well as I do.

Sorry for diverting the thread away from the track situation. How about adding a mud bog competition?

Daddio
06-13-2013, 12:10 PM
If we get a good rain......we'll have a mud bog competition..... like it or not. I'm prepared!!!

JasonB
06-13-2013, 03:04 PM
i remember the first year there in 07 for me, i swear there was an obstacle course type run with mud bog for the utility trikes out past the big mx track....... maybe i have hit my head a few too many times on the ground..... oh well. mud bogs!!!!!!!

MIK6
06-13-2013, 03:21 PM
i remember the first year there in 07 for me, i swear there was an obstacle course type run with mud bog for the utility trikes out past the big mx track....... maybe i have hit my head a few too many times on the ground..... oh well. mud bogs!!!!!!!
You are correct. Haspin had a course already set up, we were planning a utility event that year and just fell into a premade course. Worked awesome and was a blast!

MIK6/ Mike

LastFoolerInVA
06-13-2013, 04:09 PM
Wow... just read through this thread... I cant believe all the negativity about this.. they still have a mx track... I drive like 10 hours to get to tf & love it there.. I hope the Deepa: :crazy: dont trailpro this up, I've been to a few atv parks over here (VA) & they seriously fail in comparison to Haspin, plus... I dont want to drive any further :D