PDA

View Full Version : Seadoo ride with my daughter tonight on Lake Huron..

dougspcs
05-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Since there is no sections on 3WW dedicated to watercraft I decided this was as good a section as any..

I popped my GoPro on my Seadoo this evening and decided to take advantage of the incredible evening.

Boat traffic was minimal so the ride was really smooth..and to see such a large body of water so placid is kind of awe inspiring..

Here are a few pics and a really long video..I didn't bother editing it, I just uploaded to youtube. So feel free to skim the boring parts..sorry it didn't upload in HD. Maybe because of it's size? I'm still figuring out youtube.

http://youtu.be/hVlwD85mdC8

I kept my GoPro on a 2sec interval snapping pics and just rode..got like 500 pics so these are just a few.

The 1st few are of the skyline around Sarnia/Port Huron. Some great shots of the Bluewater Bridge. I was totally amazed with the 4th pic..if you look closely into the water you can see the old ship wreck off the Canatara Beach. I was impressed that the camera caught it in a still considering we were moving at about 40mph..and the wreck lies at least 5-6 below the surface..pretty impressive cameras!!

Enjoy..

atc007
05-22-2013, 07:48 AM
Life is good. Thanx Doug.

Scootertrash
05-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Looks like a nice ride. Which GoPro do you have?

dougspcs
05-22-2013, 12:23 PM
Looks like a nice ride. Which GoPro do you have?

GoPro Hero2

briano
05-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Nice pics. To see one of the Great Lakes so calm is kind of strange, it is impressive to see a lake go from calm and then see pics with waves over 10 feet high. I've been on Lake Superior in the morning when the water was pretty calm and ended up having to head to shore because the wind picked up, and the waves are 5 feet.