PDA

View Full Version : VERY NICE KLT 160 tank for auction on Ebay

hogmuffin
05-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Guy says this one has been in storage since 85. As close to mint as you're going to find. I know these puppies are getting rarer and rarer. If you need a really nice tank for a resto project, here's your chance.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261219121573?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649

I posted this in the KLT owners group board as well.

shortline10
05-22-2013, 03:57 PM
I have a real nice one I might sell as well , lets see what this one goes for first ???
Thanks for the link .

ebaccm26
05-22-2013, 04:07 PM
I have a real nice one I might sell as well , lets see what this one goes for first ???
Thanks for the link .

I'd be interested if you decide to put a price on it.

shortline10
05-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Kinda wanted to see what this one goes for first .

I'd be interested if you decide to put a price on it.

MRSOUND
05-22-2013, 05:46 PM
:drool:Dang, seller is only an hr away from me! Why didn't he just call:wondering I would've drove to pick it up and saved him the hassle of shipping it somewhere.:lol:

MRSOUND
05-22-2013, 05:57 PM
What else you got stashed down there shortline? Any KLT185 rear fenders or headlight shrouds (Black) NOS or very nice uncracked shape?

hogmuffin
05-22-2013, 06:21 PM
I paid 150.00 last year on ebay for one in very similar condition to this one. came off of a 110. it was an auction with a buy it now price. I couldnt pass it up. someone from here needs to buy this one and reproduce the decals

MRSOUND
05-22-2013, 07:31 PM
Im in...see how far it goes. If I get it Blue27 will be given the opportunity to reproduce the decals if he wants.

ebaccm26
05-22-2013, 09:26 PM
What else you got stashed down there shortline? Any KLT185 rear fenders or headlight shrouds (Black) NOS or very nice uncracked shape?

Jeez you're greedy you already have the red ones :lol: But really I sadly still haven't found any uncracked ones, I'm not even looking for nice at this point just something not cracked. Also that tank is already at $75 with 6 days left, this is going to be bad for my wallet. :rolleyes:

shortline10
05-22-2013, 09:54 PM
No 185 parts just klt110 and no fenders or plastics .

MRSOUND
05-23-2013, 09:33 AM
Jeez you're greedy you already have the red ones :lol: But really I sadly still haven't found any uncracked ones, I'm not even looking for nice at this point just something not cracked. Also that tank is already at $75 with 6 days left, this is going to be bad for my wallet. :rolleyes:
Red plastics are for the red one:p I need black for the black one!:naughty:My black ones aren't too awful with the exception there was holes cut in them to mount a rear rack (not very neatly I might add). Would still need a lot of sanding and TLC. Your wallet or mine hope one of us gets it. That's me @ 75 currently not sure how far I'm willing to go when it hits crunch time, like hog said they don't come up very often in this kinda shape. I did contact the seller through Ebay, IF I can come out on top I will be picking it up and not trusting the postal system to deliver it as well as saving $25 shipping fee (which I will end up using in gas anyway:rolleyes:)
Shortline - thanks for the reply

MRSOUND
05-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Damn you ebccm! last second bid! I had a max bid at $150. Enjoy it bud. Glad someone on here got it. (knew it was you by your ebay rating. Shortline PM me I'll take dibs on your tank if we agree on a price.

ebaccm26
05-28-2013, 11:32 PM
Sorry! Hated to bid when I knew it was you but you know how it is when you gotta have something. Noticed someone else jumped in there towards the end aswell. Look for a new thread from me within the week, going to be picking up something I'm quite happy about!

shortline10
05-29-2013, 06:35 AM
Let me give it a good look and i'll get back to you .

Damn you ebccm! last second bid! I had a max bid at $150. Enjoy it bud. Glad someone on here got it. (knew it was you by your ebay rating. Shortline PM me I'll take dibs on your tank if we agree on a price.

MRSOUND
05-29-2013, 07:54 AM
Sorry! Hated to bid when I knew it was you but you know how it is when you gotta have something. Noticed someone else jumped in there towards the end aswell. Look for a new thread from me within the week, going to be picking up something I'm quite happy about!
Like I said glad someone on here got it. All about timing and priorities. Will go with the NOS fuel cap you snagged as well if ya use it for your 185 lol.
Shortline - No huge hurry, when ever you get a chance as I'm still "collecting" other parts for my build as well. Are you going to TF for a possible exchange there?

hogmuffin
05-29-2013, 08:40 AM
glad to see it went to someone on here. Also glad to see i didnt overpay for mine last year