PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade?

ManlyCarnival
05-23-2013, 03:35 PM
I have a 32 inch flatscreen tv,and an xbox 360 that someone wants to trade me for a Honda 200s.He says it runs and drives thats all i know so far.I value my tv and xbox at roughly $500.Should I do it?What kinds of issues do these trikes have?are there as indestructable as the 110 that i've heard so much about.

ATC-Eric
05-23-2013, 05:09 PM
They are indestructible. Keep clean oil in them, and a clean filter, you can run one forever. It would have to be pretty nice for me to trade. In my opinion a $500 200s should be really really nice. Not showroom obviously, just talking needing nothing. Fenders all intact, good bearings, brakes, good tires, starts on the first pull sort of machine.

Eric250R
05-23-2013, 05:22 PM
^^^ what he said

ManlyCarnival
05-23-2013, 05:24 PM
he said it starts on the third pull everytime,im guessing that could be the carb needs cleaned or adjusted and that is no problem for me.and yeah,I'm expecting not to have to anything but gas in it when I get it,but this will be my first running three wheeler I've owned so I'm just hoping its worth it.Long ago I had a 90 but only rode it once briefly because it died and i never got it running again,then,someone stole it.I know alot more now about engines and what-not so i feel confident in the decision.

ATC-Eric
05-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Clean, non ripped seat, working lights, if it needs anything, he needs to start putting cash towards the trade. Is there oil around the cylinder head? Like I say, if it needs anything to make it a nice machine, start deducting.

Eric250R
05-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Drive over and check it out, if it seems to be what you're looking for then go for it. If it's not what you hoped for then pass on it.

ManlyCarnival
05-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Clean, non ripped seat, working lights, if it needs anything, he needs to start putting cash towards the trade. Is there oil around the cylinder head? Like I say, if it needs anything to make it a nice machine, start deducting.

thanks guys for the input i really needed it because I'm a little unclear as to what these are worth

ManlyCarnival
05-23-2013, 05:38 PM
Drive over and check it out, if it seems to be what you're looking for then go for it. If it's not what you hoped for then pass on it.The unfortunate thing is,I don't have a liscense or ride to check it out.We are trying to get something set up for this weekend when I can get a ride to meet him and it,I'm excited and anxious.I want to add,I love how close knit this group seems to be.It feels like home.

ManlyCarnival
05-23-2013, 05:40 PM
This guy also has an 85 250xs but he says it needs a complete gasket restore,what's it worth?

ManlyCarnival
05-23-2013, 05:44 PM
http://quadcities.craigslist.org/mcy/3786105428.html
this is the link to the 250 xs if anyone is interested or let me know if i should go for it to,I wouldn't pay six for it but i do want one with rear suspension

ManlyCarnival
05-23-2013, 05:48 PM
http://quadcities.craigslist.org/mcy/3786105428.html
this is the link for the 85 sx that i mentioned before.Should I go for it too?

Eric250R
05-23-2013, 06:12 PM
The sx is definitely the more diserable machine of the 2 and would be my choice if its in decent shape. Not sure of your mechanical skills but that would be the one to look at and definitely worth more than the 200. But if you're on a tight budget and not very mechanically inclined I would go after the 200. Just my .02 cents, but hard to say either way without seeing them.

ManlyCarnival
05-23-2013, 06:25 PM
I want to be clear on this,I am not posting for this guy i just want ya'll to read the description and tell me if its worth it.

"I have a good ruining Honda 250sx atc..... Overall its probably 6\10 for looks but runs really well shifts as it should tires hold air for a few days but do leak down some tire slime or fix a flat would stop any problems I'm sure......plastics are in best up shape front keeps dirt off engine but front section us broke off....rear is there one side broke off and sear has tear in the middle as most are... It has reverse and electric start that work great but it does need a new battery i have a jump pack to show it works and runs"

now the other thing is when I asked him about this machine he said it would need a full gasket replacement soon,I'm confident i can do it especially with the help of you guys and i can get the kit on ebay for 30 bucks,what do you think?

tvpierce
05-23-2013, 06:33 PM
This guy also has an 85 250xs but he says it needs a complete gasket restore,what's it worth?

I presume he meant 250 SX -- which is a sweet ride, but needing gaskets...

Offer him the TV for the SX, and the X-Box for the 200S. :Bounce

jb2wheels
05-23-2013, 06:40 PM
What's a full gasket replacement and how do you predict it? It either leaks or it doesn't.

Anyway, not sure what kind of riding you do or what your budget is. The SX is a superior machine in most cases but if you have to spend $400 on battery, seat, plastics, and you don't have it, it's not the right way to go.

200S is a great machine and stone axe reliable. If seat and plastics are good, that might be the way to go, especially if you don't have a lot of $$ for repairs.

ManlyCarnival
05-23-2013, 06:54 PM
I dont know there was no picture of it on the posting,and by full gasket replacement he says in his text"believe me when I tell you,you don't want it,It needs a complete gasket set and tires soon",I dont have a lot of money but I'm sure getting the 30 dollar kit wouldnt be difficult,and doing it shouldnt be that bad,Ive had motors apart before and back together again but not a honda

ManlyCarnival
05-23-2013, 06:56 PM
I presume he meant 250 SX -- which is a sweet ride, but needing gaskets...

Offer him the TV for the SX, and the X-Box for the 200S. :Bounce

he says he wouldnt take less than 500 for the 200s and wants 600 for the 250sx,and yeah thats what I meant earlier I didn't notice it until I hit enter.:lol:

Larry T Moore
05-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Id go both bikes for tv and game

redsox
05-23-2013, 08:11 PM
the sx is a better machine, but you'll be DEEP in your pocket to get it up to par. if its your first trike, and you're on a tight budget, i'd take a hard look at the S. if its in good shape, like, you can get on it and ride the wheels off of it through the woods, then ditch the tv and nintendo and get outside and ride!

ManlyCarnival
05-23-2013, 08:59 PM
i admit i agree with you there but i've been looking at parts for the 250 on ebay and they dont seem bad to me with the exception of plastics and other cosmetics.for now i dont need cosmetics

Eric250R
05-26-2013, 01:33 PM
Well, did u check them out ?

JasonB
05-26-2013, 03:48 PM
Ya the sx doesn't sound too bad, it sounds like he is trying to keep the sx over the 200 almost

captainweezy
05-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Welcome to the site Mr. canival,
I have to say I have stumbled on a deal on 2 1985 Honda 250sx's I am picking up this coming week. Now I am selling at least one of them and the condition is about a 6.5-7.0 out of a 10. Mechanically this is a good solid machine that basically needs rear tires and other silly easy things. I would not ask over $550 - $600 for it.
To me the sx seems like a no no.

"Overall its probably 6\10 for looks but runs really well shifts as it should tires hold air for a few days but do leak down some tire slime or fix a flat would stop any problems I'm sure......plastics are in best up shape front keeps dirt off engine but front section us broke off....rear is there one side broke off and sear has tear in the middle as most are.."

So if I understand his bad spelling and terrible way to explain its condition, he is saying its plastic is in best shape? but then says half are broken off on the front and rear? What the heck is he trying to say? I SAY Step away....
He will find out that no one will pay his $600 for a machine that needs that much work. Be patient and find the right one. Good luck:beer

ManlyCarnival
05-27-2013, 10:54 PM
yeah i think he meant beat up shape.and what you are talking about sounds great but i have no cash,just the stuff to trade for,i thought about selling the stuff and hanging on to the money but i know me and it would slowly drain out of my pocket and then i would have nothing

ManlyCarnival
05-27-2013, 10:56 PM
the other bad thing is i have no way to travel and pick anything up,im located in kirkwood illinois