PDA

View Full Version : Trikefest harescramble

Eric250R
05-23-2013, 11:53 PM
Ok, so it seems the idea of a harecramble at TF has generated some interest. I have never ran one but would love too. Also I dont see myself in any sort of leadership role so if someone could step up and take the reigns so to speak that would be great. I will help as much as I can and have some suggestions. Anyone else wanting to race or help or both please speak up here. As I said in another thread it would be rough to pull off this year but possibly doable, but we can use this thread to plan for next year if nothing else. So, who's in ? :beer

Xowner
05-24-2013, 12:03 AM
I think TF needs another even like a hole in the head. When would it be? Friday is motorcross day, saturday is drags. No one stays around sunday much to ride. Also any earlyer in the week and no one is there to race it when you guys go threw all the hard work to make the course. Im not trying to be negative, but i think we already have too many evens and if i had my way i think there should be just one even a year. Alternate them one year mx and the next year drags, then maybe a Harescramble.

Eric250R
05-24-2013, 12:09 AM
Honnerlaw, shouldn't you be asleep negative nancy ? Kidding, you actually do have a good point, possibly friday evening after the mx. Hmmmmmmm

fabiodriven
05-24-2013, 12:28 AM
I'm in!

This message is no longer too short.

atc400x
05-24-2013, 12:32 AM
Yes I think this is a great idea. The drags are over early plenty of time to do this IMO. I will be there thursday at some point and would help were i could. If nothing else I say we look for a good route and talk it all over at the awards banquet were most people people gather. just an idea.

fabiodriven
05-24-2013, 12:37 AM
Dan's in too!

Xowner
05-24-2013, 12:44 AM
Yes I think this is a great idea. The drags are over early plenty of time to do this IMO. I will be there thursday at some point and would help were i could. If nothing else I say we look for a good route and talk it all over at the awards banquet were most people people gather. just an idea.
there's no way this can be done Saturday after the drags. There's an award ceremony that goes on.

atc400x
05-24-2013, 01:01 AM
there's no way this can be done Saturday after the drags. There's an award ceremony that goes on.
I rember there being a good bit of time between the two with nothing to do. I also belive the ceremony could be after it. Not every one wants to moto any way and im shure less now IMO a 3rd event would be welcome. we all travel quite a distance to do all this and hang out. All im sayin is if it can work im in and will help. More ride time is more fun for me.

Eric250R
05-24-2013, 01:27 AM
I agree with Xowner, no way we could pull it off on saturday. Would have to be thursday or friday evening.

atc400x
05-24-2013, 01:46 AM
Im cool with that what ever I can do I will.

MIK6
05-24-2013, 07:52 AM
I think it could be a cool outlaw event! the easiest way to do it would be to pick a good size revene, lay out a good sized zigzagging oval w ups and downs. Hills and sharp turns will level the field
The bigger the track the harder to organize. Set up a cool lap early on in the week and show it off. Ill make laps, more people on it easier to make it happen. Hmmmmm evening into dark race w the guys that really seem to be into it, winner takes the trophy..
Ill help set it up.. ive even got a revene in mind.. the one that is by the shoe tree, on the other side of the road.. ill show who ever is interested whem I get there Tuesday.
MIK6/ Mike

keister
05-24-2013, 12:33 PM
I agree with Xowner, no way we could pull it off on saturday. Would have to be thursday or friday evening.

Friday afternoon is sign-up for the drag races, followed by Devil's Backbone. It would almost have to be a twighlight run on Friday.

JasonB
05-24-2013, 12:35 PM
I have never participated in the motoX and dont see myself doing it this year either. this sounds like alot of fun, i am down to help however i can as well as participate in the scramble itself

stroberts22
05-24-2013, 07:07 PM
I checked haspin's website and they did have a xc race earlier this year like May 5 I believe. So, there is a existing coarse, if it's still marked is another question. I'm sure that the guy that offered help on facebook would show us the coarse or we could look for it on our own. If it's not marked we'll need a staple gun and a gazillion of them arrows signs. I think you are allowed 15' on either side of the arrow unless there is a bottle neck then it's whatever you have to do to get past. The races I've run have been 1 1/2 hours long but we could do it on laps or shorten time race length. Track length is usually around 10 miles but don't know how long haspin's coarse was. It would be worth it to me for next year to contact the people that put on the xc race on May 5 to run it and all we had to do is race even if it cost us 30-50 bucks a piece entry fee to hire them. I don't know what they would charge and if they would be interested. I really don't like the idea of having it on the same day as another event because last year I ran 2 classes in mx and was so tired I could barely move so I wouldn't be able to do both. It would be best for me to have it on Thursday.

Eric250R
05-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Yeah, thursday seems the most likely time but same as you I also race mx so wondering how tired and sore I would be on friday lol. I vote that this year should be a brain storming and planning party. As TF draws nearer we will pick a time and place to meet up and see how doable this would actually be. Plus I don't even have a machine ready for mx not to mention doing another for harescramble, or at least having the necessary parts to switch one over. However, as I stated earlier I'm not really the one to take the lead on such a project and if someone wants to step up and make it happen I will do my best to be ready for it. Or in the very least help as much as i can.

stroberts22
05-24-2013, 09:10 PM
I want to race instead of putting together a race. The person marking the track and racing also would have a unfair advantage over everyone. At a xc event the 1st time you get to see the coarse is during the 1st lap, no pre riding. It would be nice if the track is already marked from the May event and just have a fast pace ride on it Thursday morning just for fun and plan next year.

CRAZY70MAN
05-24-2013, 09:43 PM
Just time the devil's backbone........ there is your harescramble.....throw a short route into it and problem solved. We have plenty of help back there to help time and watch the riders........ just a thought Even if it is a cheater route up the backbone for other riders??

Billy Golightly
05-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Just time the devil's backbone........ there is your harescramble.....throw a short route into it and problem solved. We have plenty of help back there to help time and watch the riders........ just a thought Even if it is a cheater route up the backbone for other riders??

I've been trying to get the "powers that be" to let us setup the drag racing timing system at the backbone for this very thing... :naughty:

3Queen
05-25-2013, 12:27 PM
I am in for a HS..

Dirtcrasher
05-25-2013, 04:59 PM
I think TF needs another even like a hole in the head. When would it be? Friday is motorcross day, saturday is drags. No one stays around sunday much to ride. Also any earlyer in the week and no one is there to race it when you guys go threw all the hard work to make the course. Im not trying to be negative, but i think we already have too many evens and if i had my way i think there should be just one even a year. Alternate them one year mx and the next year drags, then maybe a Harescramble.

I agree completely, and lets not forget the devils backbone hill climb. Those 2 days go by way to fast. I know many of you have conflicts with work and such but a 4 day Trikefest would be super.

If it rains like heck, have a harescramble and ditch the MX or drags. Harescrambles should be challenging with mud/water/trees/hills/boulders/step offs/fallen trees and other challenges.