PDA

View Full Version : A email going around..

atc007
05-29-2013, 06:27 AM
John Smith started the day early having set his alarmclock
(MADE IN JAPAN )
for 6 am ..

While his coffeepot

(MADE IN CHINA)

was perking, he shaved with his

electric razor

(MADE IN HONG KONG)

He put on a

dress shirt

(MADE IN SRI LANKA),

designer jeans

(MADE IN SINGAPORE)

and

tennis shoes

(MADE IN KOREA)

After cooking his breakfast in his new

electric skillet

(MADE IN INDIA)

he sat down with his

calculator

(MADE IN MEXICO)

to see how much he could spend today. After setting his

watch

(MADE IN TAIWAN )

to the radio

(MADE IN INDIA )

he got in his car

(MADE IN GERMANY )

filled it with GAS

(from Saudi Arabia )

and continued his search

for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.

At the end of yet another discouraging

and fruitless day

checking his

Computer

( made in MALAYSIA ),

John decided to relax for a while.

He put on his sandals

(MADE IN BRAZIL ),

poured himself a glass of

wine

(MADE IN FRANCE )

and turned on his

TV

(MADE IN INDONESIA ),

and then wondered why he can't

find a good paying job

in AMERICA

AND NOW HE'S HOPING HE CAN GET HELP FROM A PRESIDENT

MADE IN KENYA

manbearpig
05-29-2013, 10:03 AM
this post had a good point that spanned all of us in america... that all the jobs have been moved offshore by the giant corporations in search of cheaper wages. we have THEM to thank and blame.

...then you included that last part and made yourself sound :rolleyes:

rdlsz24
05-29-2013, 10:14 AM
You can TRY to buy American, but most things are just not made here anymore.

Rob

El Camexican
05-29-2013, 10:58 AM
this post had a good point that spanned all of us in america... that all the jobs have been moved offshore by the giant corporations in search of cheaper wages. we have THEM to thank and blame.

I hate to kick a hornets nest guys, but when a Canadian, or American company is responsible for covering the costs incurred from the mishaps of an alcoholic, or drug addict and is forced to pay his time off and for his treatment through a revolving door system all the while paying higher insurance rates due to his injuries (many of which are faked) you can’t blame the companies for leaving North America, especially when the same incompetent employees they are forced to keep on are all shopping at Wal-Mart for the cheapest deal. You think it’s bad now? Wait till Obamacare starts adding costs to everything you consume. Corporations are a nice easy target to blame for the problem, but they are only leaving because North America is a hostile business environment and its consumers (that would be us) will only pay the lowest price.

manbearpig
05-29-2013, 11:09 AM
I hate to kick a hornets nest guys, but when a Canadian, or American company is responsible for covering the costs incurred from the mishaps of an alcoholic, or drug addict and is forced to pay his time off and for his treatment through a revolving door system all the while paying higher insurance rates due to his injuries (many of which are faked) you can’t blame the companies for leaving North America, especially when the same incompetent employees they are forced to keep on are all shopping at Wal-Mart for the cheapest deal. You think it’s bad now? Wait till Obamacare starts adding costs to everything you consume. Corporations are a nice easy target to blame for the problem, but they are only leaving because North America is a hostile business environment and its consumers (that would be us) will only pay the lowest price.

their motivation is based on a single factor. PROFIT. understandably so, but at what point do their profit margins take precedence over the success of the country that they originated their businesses in and that theyre consumers primarily live in? if we fail, they fail. if we run out of dollars to spend because all the dollars are sitting in the corporate fat cats' pockets, we have nothing more to give to them, and that wont feed their machines. seems like they should have some long term vested interest in providing us jobs to earn $$ to spend in their stores.

Scootertrash
05-29-2013, 11:16 AM
What rdlsz24 said, plus never mind the fact that a large portion of America will buy cheap foreign made stuff even when US made is available because "it's cheaper" or "I'm trying to save money", then complain about products made overseas taking American jobs.

Scootertrash
05-29-2013, 11:50 AM

Thank You for that refreshing breath of truth. Too bad many will continue whining about the rich being the problem.

Any increase in the costs of doing business are passed on to the consumer whenever possible. Increases in taxes, labor costs and materials roll right down hill to us, the consumer.

I challenge anyone here who criticizes the rich to get off your duff, take out a loan or second mortgage on your house, buy some equipment and start a business. Then work 12, 14, 16 or more hours a day, 6-7 days a week running your company, chasing accounts, making repairs, dealing with customers, doing paperwork, dealing with employees who think you owe them something since you are a rich business owner, etc. Then throw in little or no time with your family, missing your kids birthdays, softball games, school plays, etc, because when you are the company owner, you need to be available for any issues that may come up and need to be fixed immediately or you start to lose money because your business is not functioning at full capacity.

Then after you make it thru the first 3-5 years, (which is typically the amount of time it takes for a small business to succeed or fail) and start actually being able to put some of your profits into the bank instead of reinvesting everything to grow your company, run it for another 10 years and become "rich", then come back and tell me how you think everyone has their hand in your pocket, all of your employees think you owe them something and your employees steal you blind, then tell me that "rich" business owners and fat cats are overpaid.

If running a business was easy, everybody would be a business owner.

Once our government starts taking the welfare class to task and making the ones that are able to work get a friggin job, then maybe I'll listen to the b!tching about the rich, but I'll probably tell you to start your own company and make yourself rich.

This is America. There is no other country on earth where you have the opportunity to succeed like you do here. You just have to work for it.

El Camexican
05-29-2013, 12:51 PM
Bottom line; capitalism and democracy like everything else is has cycles. I think we are at the end of what will one day be known as the “good times”. Our over the top political correctness, globalization, greed, and a sense of entitlement instilled in us over the past couple generations will add up to be our downfall, but no one thing or person is to blame. It’s just the way things run their course and I suspect we won’t be the first civilization to implode under our own “greatness”. To blame the problem on a corporation for moving to China is like blaming it on the guy who quit McDonald’s and walked over to Burger King for an extra $0.50 an hour and caused burgers to go up a nickel a week later when Rotten Ronnie had to bump up all their staff to match the going rate. We all want what is best for our own situation.

The most important thing is that you guys in the US protect your Constitution (and guns), so that when all the dust settles there is something for future generations to build on.

LastFoolerInVA
05-29-2013, 03:44 PM
As an insurance adjuster (everyone's favorite person I know) I can tell you all about the "sense of entitlement" & "something for nothing" & the "hands in your pockets" type stuff... I deal with all that on a daily basis... The funny thing is how much everyone hates insurance... but the simple fact is almost no one could afford to buy a house, boat, trailer or car without it...could you imagine what a bank would tell you if you went to them and asked for 20,000 for a new car knowing that if you wreck it they will never get their money??

atc007
05-29-2013, 05:06 PM

I didn't write it. I reposted it from email. But found it to be pirty darn close to whats going on.

manbearpig
05-29-2013, 05:28 PM
I didn't write it. I reposted it from email. But found it to be pirty darn close to whats going on.

i realize that, but you have control of what you post, do you not?

i always give my father sh!t for the things he believes that come to him in a chain email... guess what boys.. I wrote that email about john smith. dont believe me? prove i didnt write it.

this is my point. the person who wrote that could be Bob Dole... or could be the head of the KKK, or could have been a 3rd grader... be careful what you believe that comes from chain emails

manbearpig
05-29-2013, 05:29 PM
and why is john smith wearing designer jeans, a dress shirt, and tennis shoes? doesnt he know thats a fashion faupaux?

and where did john smith get said designer jeans, dress shirt, and tennis shoes? sounds like john smith was irresponsible with his spending considering he doesnt have a job...

and now wait... john smith is reading a chain email that says obama's from Kenya, but still wants his help. why do you need obama's help john smith? cuz your job got moved to badalandabad?? no thanks

RIDE-RED 250r
05-29-2013, 06:55 PM
their motivation is based on a single factor. PROFIT. understandably so, but at what point do their profit margins take precedence over the success of the country that they originated their businesses in and that theyre consumers primarily live in? if we fail, they fail. if we run out of dollars to spend because all the dollars are sitting in the corporate fat cats' pockets, we have nothing more to give to them, and that wont feed their machines. seems like they should have some long term vested interest in providing us jobs to earn $$ to spend in their stores.

With all due respect, there is not one single entrepreneur who takes the plunge and risks it all to go into business for the purpose of providing jobs for his neighbors. And I think if you were to ask any business owner large or small you would find that to be true. Job creation results from the hard work and subsequent success of the entrepreneur if he makes it. Businesses create jobs when their product or services become in higher demand by the market.

Big business and corporations don't really pay taxes persay. What they do is pass the tax on to the end consumer, simple as that. We demand lower prices, and businesses as a result will seek out methods of keeping prices lower to stay competitive.

Its like all these people who complain about oil companies profit margins and want to "make them pay"... Does anyone REALLY believe that increasing oil companies cost of doing business in the form of more/new taxes will result in anything but higher fuel prices at the pump??? I remember seeing a list of the biggest industries in the US and what their average profit margins by percentage are... Believe it or not, oil was nowhere near the top of that list. As I recall food production even had a higher percentage of profit margin than oil....

I just disagree with your base premise that business/fat cat's are put on this earth to provide jobs.

Again, no disrespect, just talking....

On a side note, anyone else find it interesting that so many of us trikers are very like-minded???? ;)

atc007
05-29-2013, 09:01 PM
i realize that, but you have control of what you post, do you not?

i always give my father sh!t for the things he believes that come to him in a chain email... guess what boys.. I wrote that email about john smith. dont believe me? prove i didnt write it.

this is my point. the person who wrote that could be Bob Dole... or could be the head of the KKK, or could have been a 3rd grader... be careful what you believe that comes from chain emails

If I'm hearing you correctly.. You are upset that it stated Obama is from Kenya? Because ,,I think every other word in that is true,,with the latter being highly,highly debatable. Trumps money still has not been earned :). I could care less myself,literally. There is so much more wrong with the whole DC picture, I really don't concern myself WHERE the enemy came from. Just what they are trying to do. I am the last person on Earth forwarding emails ! I thought this one was thought provoking ,and not about Obama. It is darn hard to spend money on Made in the USA. As badly as I want to.

bkm
05-29-2013, 09:03 PM
and why is john smith wearing designer jeans, a dress shirt, and tennis shoes? doesnt he know thats a fashion faupaux?

and where did john smith get said designer jeans, dress shirt, and tennis shoes? sounds like john smith was irresponsible with his spending considering he doesnt have a job...

and now wait... john smith is reading a chain email that says obama's from Kenya, but still wants his help. why do you need obama's help john smith? cuz your job got moved to badalandabad?? no thanksWTF are you talking about?

manbearpig
05-29-2013, 09:12 PM
I wouldn't say I'm upset. More like astonished that people actually read and pass on 3 grader dribble. You really think a BLACK MUSLUM dude could fool all those uppity white dudes in govt offices? Really? Come on.

And the corporations/money/jobs stuff, I stand by my plea of not guilty, your honor

If I'm hearing you correctly.. You are upset that it stated Obama is from Kenya? Because ,,I think every other word in that is true,,with the latter being highly,highly debatable. Trumps money still has not been earned :). I could care less myself,literally. There is so much more wrong with the whole DC picture, I really don't concern myself WHERE the enemy came from. Just what they are trying to do. I am the last person on Earth forwarding emails ! I thought this one was thought provoking ,and not about Obama. It is darn hard to spend money on Made in the USA. As badly as I want to.

manbearpig
05-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Just pointing out the incredibility of whoever composed that garbage email in the first place. Their heart was in it... Till the end. But we're not giving out 'F's for 'fantastic,' now are we?

WTF are you talking about?

manbearpig
05-29-2013, 09:22 PM
On a side note, anyone else find it interesting that so many of us trikers are very like-minded???? ;)

I find it interesting.

bkm
05-29-2013, 09:28 PM
You really think a BLACK MUSLUM dude could fool all those uppity white dudes in govt offices? Really? Come on. He didn't have to fool anybody. Those white uppity dudes on the left have been molding and grooming him for years to expidite their agenda. No matter what promises a liberal white guy gives to the entitled and minorities, he's still just a white guy. Now you groom a black guy to promote an agenda and all of a sudden it takes on a whole new meaning. Not only that, those that try and stand in his way are now racist and will be crucified by the liberal media. Once you have been found guilty by the media, the low information voter takes what they have been watching as the the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

manbearpig
05-29-2013, 09:49 PM
i was referring to the claim that obama was not born on US soil and him supposedly fooling everyone with a phony birth cert. i agree with what you've said regarding the agenda and the if you disagree, youre racist stuff too.

He didn't have to fool anybody. Those white uppity dudes on the left have been molding and grooming him for years to expidite their agenda. No matter what promises a liberal white guy gives to the entitled and minorities, he's still just a white guy. Now you groom a black guy to promote an agenda and all of a sudden it takes on a whole new meaning. Not only that, those that try and stand in his way are now racist and will be crucified by the liberal media. Once you have been found guilty by the media, the low information voter takes what they have been watching as the the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

RIDE-RED 250r
05-29-2013, 10:22 PM
i was referring to the claim that obama was not born on US soil and him supposedly fooling everyone with a phony birth cert. i agree with what you've said regarding the agenda and the if you disagree, youre racist stuff too.

Pretty much right there with ya... I don't care in the least whether he was born here or not.. It makes about as much difference as a fart in a hurricane at this point...Even if by some remote chance it is found out he wasn't born here, does anyone think it would see the light of day with this corrupt government and it's accomplices in the media???

I just care about what he is doing to us!

FLynes
05-29-2013, 10:31 PM
I don't like Obama one bit, but whether he was born in Kenya or Hawaii is moot; his mother was a U.S. citizen, which gives him de facto U.S. citizenship. This argument has already been settled with the courts. In a way, I'm glad it has, because now there will be ZERO legitimate opposition to Senator Ted Cruz's run for the Presidency.

just ben
05-29-2013, 10:35 PM
If anyone cares to buy all american check out www.saveourcountryfirst.com (http://www.saveourcountryfirst.com) everything is american made down to the ink on the paper or the plastic wrap on the packaging. @ scootertrash. I did start my own business and it was the best thing I ever did. Unfortunetly I cannot grow any bigger because everyone thinks the big box stores are the best deal,however if anyone checked around they would find out that most of the time that is untrue. Is it alot of work?yes sometimes I work 10 hrs a day 7 days a week but sometimes I work 5hrs. 2 days a week and still make 10x what I was working for someone else.

El Camexican
05-30-2013, 01:16 AM
I did start my own business and it was the best thing I ever did. Unfortunetly I cannot grow any bigger because everyone thinks the big box stores are the best deal,however if anyone checked around they would find out that most of the time that is untrue. Is it alot of work?yes sometimes I work 10 hrs a day 7 days a week but sometimes I work 5hrs. 2 days a week and still make 10x what I was working for someone else.

Good for you. I've tried a dozen times and always failed or given up . I've never shut the doors owing anyone a dime (other than myself:cry:) and I admire anyone who's made it on their own:beer

tri again
05-30-2013, 03:59 AM
If anyone cares to buy all american check out www.saveourcountryfirst.com (http://www.saveourcountryfirst.com) everything is american made down to the ink on the paper or the plastic wrap on the packaging. @ scootertrash. I did start my own business and it was the best thing I ever did. Unfortunetly I cannot grow any bigger because everyone thinks the big box stores are the best deal,however if anyone checked around they would find out that most of the time that is untrue. Is it alot of work?yes sometimes I work 10 hrs a day 7 days a week but sometimes I work 5hrs. 2 days a week and still make 10x what I was working for someone else.

Nice going.
They say you only half to work 1/2 days with your own biz.
You get to pick which 12 hrs it is.
Full emersion, great ideas wake us up and everything starts and ands with *&^^%%PAPERwork.
Can't even make coffee without paperwork.
My phones have all gotten flying lessons at one time or another.
Solicitors with fake phone numbers? at least 5-15 per day.
a 10$ employee costs me about 16 or 17$.
Liability insurance? 2 million is minimum.
it never ends so anyone who can make it deserves a freakin' trophy.

edit:
oops, this started as a buy american thread.
sorry 007
I guess what I was trying to say is that unless someone drops a running biz in our laps, to start from scratch is virtually impossible.
The rules, the regs the zoning the labor board the corporate licenses and all the other licenses and fees, the phones and phonebook listings..the BS itself is a full time job.
Heck, I need someone to go get and open the mail and put the worst bills and other surprizes on top of my overloaded stack of papers and renewals and licenses and insrance
and biz trucks and cars and their registrations and insurance. faaaaaaaaaaaa
really make me wanna quit.
The work is great fun, the people are nothing but 95% great
but the powers that be want us dead AND every freakin' penny in our pockets.

They've got it side loaded so we will never get ahead and if we do, they change the rules or raise the fees.

I'm getting deadly serious about a 501 (c) (3) (just more paperwork)

I'd really like to know who is doing what and actually not losing ground.
Is there any such thing as a profitable american biz these days?

Tax? It wasn't long ago, none of these taxes existed.
The usa was the richest country in the world with no national debt.
Moms stayed home to raise the kids.

Now? from fuel to the tractor to the dirt itself to work clothes and tax on the things we make, to income, if there is any. Oh, you're hungry, gotcha there too.
Maybe sleep is free, if possible with all the worries and if you want to sleep with your wife? you need to give us money for another freakin' permit and license.
and my all time favorite, sales tax on a coffin and to top it all off, inheritance tax if we're silly enough to think we can leave something to our kidz.

Some bean counters, somewhere, have it all figured out, from *&^hole to appetite.

Sorry for the negativity and I do understand that if we're not part of the solution, we're probably part of the problem.
This is my first real 'public' rant about the state of the planet so I guess I'm now on 'the list'.
Welp? That was stoopid.

Scootertrash
05-30-2013, 10:22 AM

I ran my own concrete company for 5 years until my wife was diagnosed with MS, then I went back to working for someone else so I had insurance, because the insurance would have broke us.

I applaud your success and wish you many more years of the same. My main point was that those who complain the most about "rich" business owners have never even tried running their own business and therefore have no clue what they are talking about. You, on the other hand my friend, know well the risks and hard work that is involved with being a small businessman, and I'm sure you do not feel like you are overpaid. I know that I felt that the money I made was well worth the hard work I put in.

I have a couple more options for part time businesses I'm considering. ;)

Good for you. I've tried a dozen times and always failed or given up . I've never shut the doors owing anyone a dime (other than myself:cry:) and I admire anyone who's made it on their own:beer

El, there is no such thing as failure when you try to create a business as far as I'm concerned. You've gone much farther than the majority of others have even considered going. Just because it didn't work out doesn't mean you've failed, in addition, you didn't bail on your debts.

I will leave you with this:

Success is never final. Failure is never fatal. It is courage that counts. - Winston Churchill

@manbearpig: What other reason is there to start a business than to pursue profits? The more money an individual has, the more comfortable life they lead. Is there something wrong with wanting to lead a comfortable life?

Your premise that the rich are hoarding all the money is nothing but Liberal/Socialist drivel designed to promote class warfare. There will always be rich and poor, haves and have-nots. People who have more money spend more money. Everything the rich buy in this country has taxes paid on it and all the money goes back into our economy and helps create and maintain jobs.

Nobody owes anybody a job or anything else.

Have you ever seen someone in the welfare class running a help wanted ad?

The sadly amusing part I find with class warfare is that you have rich Liberal/Democrat politicians blaming rich Conservative/Republican politicians for all of the ills of our country. Then the rich Lib/Dem politicians are willing to raise taxes on the rich so everyone "pays their fair share", including themselves. Sounds so righteous and caring doesn't it? Almost brings tears to my eyes thinking about how much they care about the little guy :rolleyes: Do you actually think they are agreeing to cough up their money and get nothing in return? All they are doing is bribing taxpayers to get more power and control.

I buy American whenever possible, but there are times I buy the cheap Chinese crap.

Scootertrash
05-30-2013, 10:28 AM
I guess what I was trying to say is that unless someone drops a running biz in our laps, to start from scratch is virtually impossible.

People start from scratch every day. If I'm running a small engine repair biz out of my pole barn, start up is minimal, unless I have to build a pole barn specifically for that biz. Starting from scratch is different for every business, some are far more difficult then others.

Yer not on any list you weren't on before. ;)

manbearpig
05-30-2013, 11:21 AM
you must have misconstrued my words. i never said going for a profit was a bad thing, nor did i say anyone owed anyone else a job. i am a small business owner operator and would LOVE to see some of my own "profits." got tired of going to interviews to work for some jackoff, so i pooled resources, made sacrifices, and started my own business. i feel all of you on those 12+ hour days. ask my family and friends.. work NEVER actually stops. its not only tough on a person physically, but relationships fall to the wayside as a new business will consume your life.

also, i simply poked at the idea that it would make some sense in long term survivability terms, to find a way to give the consumers a source of income (job) to spend on their products. this opposed to moving a pool of jobs overseas and forcing your domestic consumers to source more scarce funds in a more competitive market. think of it like this. giving away a trike for free, knowing the guy will come back to you for all the parts to fix it. you let go of $50, but by doing that you'll make back 2 hundo and you'll be helping that guy out!

manbearpig
05-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Your premise that the rich are hoarding all the money is nothing but Liberal/Socialist drivel designed to promote class warfare. .

so im promoting class warfare? seems a heavy accusation. is that the same as a 'class terrorist?' :wondering

always wondered why al gore has been chasing manbearpig for so long. looks like im gonna end up on the most wanted list for global warming [B]AND[B] class terrorism

i guess it could be worse:rolleyes:

Scootertrash
05-30-2013, 12:20 PM
so im promoting class warfare? seems a heavy accusation. is that the same as a 'class terrorist?' :wondering

always wondered why al gore has been chasing manbearpig for so long. looks like im gonna end up on the most wanted list for global warming [B]AND[B] class terrorism

i guess it could be worse:rolleyes:

No, I don't know that I'd say you specifically are promoting class warfare, but the idea that the rich are hoarding all the money is the basis for class warfare. Why else would a political party that claims to promote fairness and equality for the poor and middle class blame the rich for controlling all the wealth?

The most hypocritical part of that whole premise is that all politicians are wealthy, and I have yet to see one rich politician that promotes financial fairness and equality donate half of their wealth to a charitable organization to "put their money where their mouth is"

Even communist and socialist countries have a wealthy class. It's the politicians who run the country, and they have somehow convinced their citizens that they are making everything fair and equal except for the fact that THEY are the rich ones who decide what is fair. The politicians live in the lap of luxury while the peasants all live in poverty and squalor. Equally. Say what??

Isn't a class terrorist the guy who snaps the bra strap of the girl sitting in front of him in class? :naughty:

Scootertrash
05-30-2013, 12:36 PM
you must have misconstrued my words. i never said going for a profit was a bad thing, nor did i say anyone owed anyone else a job. i am a small business owner operator and would LOVE to see some of my own "profits." got tired of going to interviews to work for some jackoff, so i pooled resources, made sacrifices, and started my own business. i feel all of you on those 12+ hour days. ask my family and friends.. work NEVER actually stops. its not only tough on a person physically, but relationships fall to the wayside as a new business will consume your life.

also, i simply poked at the idea that it would make some sense in long term survivability terms, to find a way to give the consumers a source of income (job) to spend on their products. this opposed to moving a pool of jobs overseas and forcing your domestic consumers to source more scarce funds in a more competitive market. think of it like this. giving away a trike for free, knowing the guy will come back to you for all the parts to fix it. you let go of $50, but by doing that you'll make back 2 hundo and you'll be helping that guy out!

You are correct, I mistook your "profit" comment to be a bad thing, sorry about that.

It's interesting when one finds out that running a business can be hard on your whole life, including relationships as you mentioned.

I like your survivability idea, but it seems like every time I tried something similar it never panned out. Giving an individual a discounted price for a garage slab in exchange for the promise of getting the driveway and never getting the driveway because someone was cheaper. Then they call me to come out and tell them what the cheap guy did wrong to make their driveway look like crap compared to the floor I did. Such is life.........

FLynes
05-30-2013, 01:58 PM
I love the fact that there is a difference of opinion and yet no trash talking, like in the Jeep Forum. Must be a 3 wheels vs 4 wheels thing, LOL!
It's a pleasant change of atmosphere for me.

manbearpig
05-30-2013, 02:03 PM
i was about to make the same comment. scoot, mexican, bkm, 007, and all other contributors... youre all alright in my book. there must just be something in the water down here

Scootertrash
05-30-2013, 04:18 PM
Right back atcha mbp!! ;)

tri again
05-30-2013, 04:49 PM
People start from scratch every day. If I'm running a small engine repair biz out of my pole barn, start up is minimal, unless I have to build a pole barn specifically for that biz. Starting from scratch is different for every business, some are far more difficult then others.

Yer not on any list you weren't on before. ;)
10-4. They see Everything we post.

I concur. Startups happen every day for sure.
I guess what state and county makes a difference.
Here in Lane county, I can put a tent in the backyard for the kids to play in.
If I let the kids have their own tent? I need a permit for 460$. or it's a $1,000 fine PER DAY.
NO JOKE!!! I guess they think I'm gonna open a homeless shelter.
Heck I could probably get grant $ for that.

If we get caught with anything in a pole barn, we're busted....no gas no boats no electricity no nothin' but hay and grain.
I wanted a bathroom in the shop with a shower. They said NO water and no stove, not even a microwave.
So I asked about a coffeemaker just to *&^%% them off.
and went on to 'ask' if I could hang a garden hose in the apple tree for a 'shower'.
Build a fence? need a permit and site plan review and this is RURAL Oregon.

Now I just build what I want with used lumber and pretend it's been here all along.

Most businesses have a slush fund for fines since it's virtually impossible to
comply with conflicting regs.
County wants ONE way fire roads. Fire marshall wants 22 ft wide, 50 ft radius corners 2 way roads sao I am in direct non compliance with the county but the fire dept is going to be the first responders to save lives.

and it goes on and on and never stops.
When things get this stupid, it's all funny.
If something goes wrong and you're not up to code or bootlegging a small biz,
insurance won't cover anything and I can be sued against the entire property, or net worth if you will.

I really appreciate your comments.
They are the kinds of thigs we talk about when entertaining income producing ideas.
Not to be negative, but it's safest to think of what could possibly go wrong before we even start.

RIDE-RED 250r
05-30-2013, 05:16 PM

I see what you are getting at...

But what really works is letting the economy grow organically, not buy using the ever expanding government to pick winners and losers through legislation and regulation... Solindra for example.....

I do agree that we need to try and keep jobs HERE! But the best way to do that is to reel our out of control government and bureaucracy in and re-establish a business friendly environment here at home. If we offer the same economic potential here as there is on some places abroad, what could be gained by businesses moving overseas??

Our progressive tax code is anything but fair. It makes all of us who work slaves. The income tax literally steals our labor, all of us, business owners and employees alike.

People often fall into the trap that there can only be total anarchy or complete central planning. Well I contend that it doesn't have to be that way, and the founding of this country as intended by the framers illustrates that. Obviously we need some level of rule of law, but at this point the law literally punishes the successful, dis-incentivises the ambitious, and rewards the lazy and irresponsible recipient at the expense of the producer.

Where/when did we go wrong???!!!

Scootertrash
05-30-2013, 05:29 PM
10-4. They see Everything we post.

I concur. Startups happen every day for sure.
I guess what state and county makes a difference.
Here in Lane county, I can put a tent in the backyard for the kids to play in.
If I let the kids have their own tent? I need a permit for 460$. or it's a $1,000 fine PER DAY.
NO JOKE!!! I guess they think I'm gonna open a homeless shelter.
Heck I could probably get grant $ for that.

If we get caught with anything in a pole barn, we're busted....no gas no boats no electricity no nothin' but hay and grain.
I wanted a bathroom in the shop with a shower. They said NO water and no stove, not even a microwave.
So I asked about a coffeemaker just to *&^%% them off.
and went on to 'ask' if I could hang a garden hose in the apple tree for a 'shower'.
Build a fence? need a permit and site plan review and this is RURAL Oregon.

Now I just build what I want with used lumber and pretend it's been here all along.

Most businesses have a slush fund for fines since it's virtually impossible to
comply with conflicting regs.
County wants ONE way fire roads. Fire marshall wants 22 ft wide, 50 ft radius corners 2 way roads sao I am in direct non compliance with the county but the fire dept is going to be the first responders to save lives.

and it goes on and on and never stops.
When things get this stupid, it's all funny.
If something goes wrong and you're not up to code or bootlegging a small biz,
insurance won't cover anything and I can be sued against the entire property, or net worth if you will.

I really appreciate your comments.
They are the kinds of thigs we talk about when entertaining income producing ideas.
Not to be negative, but it's safest to think of what could possibly go wrong before we even start.

WOW!! That is really FUBAR!!

I need a permit here to build a pole barn and have minimal restrictions on what I can include. For example, I can have a bathroom and all I would need is a pumpable tank like a person would have in an outhouse at a cabin on the lake. There are size restrictions based on lot size, but that's understandable to me. We need a permit to build a fence, but my guess is so people can be sure one neighbor doesn't build a fence on anothers property.

Scootertrash
05-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Where/when did we go wrong???!!!

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.”
― Alexis de Tocqueville

The FSA (Free Sh!t Army) is the problem: You owe me (fill in the blank) because (fill in the blank)

atc007
05-30-2013, 07:18 PM
I came here for 3 wheelers a few ? years ago now. My mind has been GREATLY enlightened by this group. Sure there's a few in every crowd,,but. On a whole, I have learned SO much here it is scary,and opened my mind to other things rather I agree or not. Obviously,,I spend more time down here than I do In Trikesylvania. Actually,, I find I miss a LOT of what's going on up there !! I find it really fascinating actually how much a lot of us think along the same lines. Right or wrong !!! lol..

Dave8338
05-30-2013, 08:49 PM
Interesting thread. I owned a business several years ago and chose to sell (2005) as the timing was right and I know for a fact, had I insisted on keeping the business, I wouldhave bankrupt the family (assuming I still had one) during this great recession... and we're still in it.

Owning a business is NO picnic and consumes you (quite literally) to the point that your life, is the business.

This nation is taxed to death and for what? I think Washington needs a wake up call. For some reason, both sides think they no better what to do with our money. How could they, they're not us. There certainly is a growing class of those who think they are entitled BUT who has given them this notion? I suggest Washington DC and for what purpose... why simply so that the haves can stay in power. How many of us have been invited to attend a social gathering from a congressman/women? NONE is the likely answer.Class warfare... has been going on from the beginning of time and will likely never cease. Common sense is dead from neck up (insert favorite politician here) and until we as a nation throw the clowns out of office, we will be stuck in this rut. It is my thought that if you make over 100K per year, you should be automatically disqualified from holding public office. Term limits... why of course.

Rant over. Feel free to ban me, if need be. :twisted:

Scootertrash
05-30-2013, 09:38 PM
Dave, I think you'll find that the majority here agrees with you. ;) :naughty::w00t:

No ban needed :lol:

Winston Churchill observed, "If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you with only a precarious chance of survival. There may be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is not hope of victory at all, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."

Scootertrash
05-30-2013, 09:54 PM
I came here for 3 wheelers a few ? years ago now. My mind has been GREATLY enlightened by this group. Sure there's a few in every crowd,,but. On a whole, I have learned SO much here it is scary,and opened my mind to other things rather I agree or not. Obviously,,I spend more time down here than I do In Trikesylvania. Actually,, I find I miss a LOT of what's going on up there !! I find it really fascinating actually how much a lot of us think along the same lines. Right or wrong !!! lol..

I generally ignored politics for a long time and same as you, started slowly by reading threads in forums. But once I started seeing everything that was going on I started to get pissed. I don't know how old you are 007, but if you're one of our younger members, you are the type we need to help save us from ruin. Too many of the younger generations have been spoon fed that the government should run everything, everything should be equal and fair, the rich don't pay their fair share, etc. Nobody, especially the government, has the right to take from one person and give it to another to make things "fair".

The Declaration of Independence states:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

I'd like to see someone try to tell me that the above statement isn't fair and unbiased.

EVERYONE has a right to the PURSUIT of happiness. It's not guaranteed that you will be happy, but you can sure as hell pursue it, as long as you don't infringe on the same rights of others.

FLynes
05-30-2013, 11:57 PM
I just read today that Smithfield Ham sold out to Shuanghui International Holdings Limited for about $4.72 billion. Smithfield Company also includes Armour, Eckrich, Gwaltney, Kretschmar and a few other brands. Sad day.

El Camexican
05-31-2013, 12:13 AM
Interesting thread. I owned a business several years ago and chose to sell (2005) as the timing was right and I know for a fact, had I insisted on keeping the business, I wouldhave bankrupt the family (assuming I still had one) during this great recession... and we're still in it.

Owning a business is NO picnic and consumes you (quite literally) to the point that your life, is the business.

This nation is taxed to death and for what? I think Washington needs a wake up call. For some reason, both sides think they no better what to do with our money. How could they, they're not us. There certainly is a growing class of those who think they are entitled BUT who has given them this notion? I suggest Washington DC and for what purpose... why simply so that the haves can stay in power. How many of us have been invited to attend a social gathering from a congressman/women? NONE is the likely answer.Class warfare... has been going on from the beginning of time and will likely never cease. Common sense is dead from neck up (insert favorite politician here) and until we as a nation throw the clowns out of office, we will be stuck in this rut. It is my thought that if you make over 100K per year, you should be automatically disqualified from holding public office. Term limits... why of course.

Rant over. Feel free to ban me, if need be. :twisted:

Ban you? Keep this trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro up and we'll nominate you to be a mod:lol:

goump1995
05-31-2013, 03:22 AM
-Grabs popcorn and drink-

atc007
05-31-2013, 06:36 AM
Unfortunately Scooter, I'm a ripe old 43 now. Feel 18 most of the time lol. I haven't voted Dem or Rep on a SINGLE presidential election,ever. Not that that's right or wrong. But,the sheeple deal is MY biggest hang up. I fail to understand HOW people can be SHOWN,in black and white,what,and how,things are going on around them,and turn their heads and say,,,Oh,,you're nuts. I truly do NOT have an answer. Can a DECENT human being be elected to Washington? Or do you literally have to be THAT filthy to even get in? I don't know. Obviously,their are a few good ones down there. But,what can they REALLY do? I could type ALL day here. Just the simple crap that is going on in my life right now.. ALLL driven by politics. I'll be fine,because I have a shotgun,rifle and a 4 wheel drive. And a country boy WILL survive :). We keep rehashing the same crap ,but what is the answer? Wish we knew,because I think we here would GLADLY dig in and fix her !! I fear/KNOW we are on an unprecedented ride in American history. Kids/people,running around in a COMPLETE AND TOTAL zombie state staring at their phones. No clue how to dig in and get their hands dirty,filthy and calloused up. I digress. Gotta send the kids off to hitler school, but maybe not for long :)

tri again
06-04-2013, 01:31 AM
I just read today that Smithfield Ham sold out to Shuanghui International Holdings Limited for about $4.72 billion. Smithfield Company also includes Armour, Eckrich, Gwaltney, Kretschmar and a few other brands. Sad day.

LOTS of bad news about that company that I'd rather not repeat. (maybe after dinner)

tri again
06-04-2013, 01:38 AM
Are we still on the topic of buying american?
I got some lime juice today, (lil' plastic greenlemon looking squeeze thingie) lime juice concentrate from Peru,
bottled in Switzerland, imported into New Jersey and for sale in rural Oregon for 99 cents.
'They" say most of our food travels an average of 1400 miles.

Lots o' stuff is coming from Eden Prarie MN..cookies, jelly and tons of other stuff.
Oregon is going broke, or at least whining like other states.
What, are oregonians too stoopid to make freakin' cookies? Is it really cheaper to make them 1500 miles away.?

State campground had some fire rings, look like 10 wheeler tire rims, made in Chicago.

Do you have ANY idea how many out of work, world class welders we have here?
I realize they are Amercan made but it drives the prices higher than
importing, which is where it's all heading.

We just might have the answers after all.

El Camexican
06-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Bang on the money Glamy. Lawyers, insurance costs, over the top environmental laws, high taxes to pay for handouts to people who are protected from even having to pee in a bottle to collect a goverment check as well as being allowed to breed while on social assistance is why making things in the US is getting harder and harder, but there is one other problem that people don’t like to talk about and that is work ethic. The Union boys are always there to make sure no one ever gets to productive in the factories. Add it all up and you start to realize why America can’t compete even when the Chinese have the disadvantage of an average shipping cost of $0.15 per pound of goods and a minimum import tax of 2.9% on almost everything. On a $1.00 per pound retail item that’s a 17.9% US advantage, that’s huge!

Angore
06-04-2013, 07:32 PM
You can TRY to buy American, but most things are just not made here anymore.

Rob

We have a place in our neck of the woods that is the real-deal , check it out : http://www.madeinamericastore.com/

About the place : http://www.madeinamericastore.com/about/