PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to the top?

captainweezy
05-31-2013, 02:19 PM
If anyone is thinking of climbing the backbone, I have a couple trashy sets of rear fenders I will be happy to donate for the run. Of the top of my head I have 90/110/125m, 250sx maybe 200x 185/200, first gen Tecate and whatever else i drag out. The only reason I still have these are for reasons like this or if someone had a set that flys off during transport.

Post up here if you want me to bring them:w00t:

LastFoolerInVA
05-31-2013, 03:03 PM
I did it last year... not gonna press my luck.... I nearly sh*t my pants at one point...

LastFoolerInVA
05-31-2013, 03:04 PM
I may also have a set of spare 85r fenders for the cause tho.. if I can find em I'll bring em!

stroberts22
05-31-2013, 07:43 PM
Went up the middle last year unassisted, no foot down and no stall out. I did it too early and it didn't get on the video though. I only saw one picture that had me going up the hill. If you bowling ball down that hill fenders are the least of your worries.

rray62
05-31-2013, 08:21 PM
going back up on the SX in first, again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If someone wants to try something crazy I could use the extra weight on the back wheels and see how far we make it backwards?

captainweezy
06-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Sounds like your looking for a challenge neighbor! i will bring a couple trailpros on rims to strap down on the back! Would you like to use my beater rear fenders now??:lol:

rray62
06-01-2013, 11:40 AM
yeah, I might need them, hate to tear up the good ones :naughty:

captainweezy
06-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Anybody else? I have sx and tecate rear on the list.

JasonB
06-03-2013, 03:26 PM
I have never been the bottom of the back bone, or attempted to climb it. This will be my 7th year of Trikefest, i am giving it serious thought about trying this year!

atctim
06-03-2013, 03:50 PM
After my EPIC FAIL last year - I will be trying it again this year for sure. No fenders needed here! I'm super determined to make it unscathed!

keister
06-03-2013, 03:57 PM
I have never been the bottom of the back bone, or attempted to climb it. This will be my 7th year of Trikefest, i am giving it serious thought about trying this year!

I have never been the bottom of the back bone, or attempted to climb it. This will be my 9th year of Trikefest. I still will not even consider it because I would break my neck for sure. But I'll be glad to ride halfway down and spot for you, Jason.

JasonB
06-03-2013, 04:08 PM
After my EPIC FAIL last year - I will be trying it again this year for sure. No fenders needed here! I'm super determined to make it unscathed!

that was intense last year! I remember seeing you come up and the bike just get out from under you and both disappear!

JasonB
06-03-2013, 04:09 PM
I have never been the bottom of the back bone, or attempted to climb it. This will be my 9th year of Trikefest. I still will not even consider it because I would break my neck for sure. But I'll be glad to ride halfway down and spot for you, Jason.

lmao thanks man! i want to atleast go look up to the top from down below. the top portion looks easy as pie

captainweezy
06-03-2013, 04:15 PM
lmao thanks man! i want to atleast go look up to the top from down below. the top portion looks easy as pie
I too never have been to the bottom. I almost did but my rear brakes took a crap on me last year when Eric and the crew were headed down to it. I think you can get there from the river but I have never been. I will be there Wednesday evening sometime so maybe we will make that our first ride out. i think you are also arriving Wednesday night right??

MIK6
06-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Ive been to haspin since 02.. Ive been up it on my prairie 700 once (that was enuff!), and made a few trips up and down the middle in kimmers old rhino.. that hill is not easy!
I havent done it on a trike, don't think I will lol
My 350X has been up it a few tumes but that was w raffa in the seat.. NOT ME! lol
Ill spot / catch for anyone that wants to try it! And I know a trail to the bottom if anyone wants to get there.. lol

MIK6/ Mike

JasonB
06-03-2013, 05:00 PM
I too never have been to the bottom. I almost did but my rear brakes took a crap on me last year when Eric and the crew were headed down to it. I think you can get there from the river but I have never been. I will be there Wednesday evening sometime so maybe we will make that our first ride out. i think you are also arriving Wednesday night right??

ya the plan is to pull out wednesday night after work. My buddy Adam is going to be riding with me out there in my truck. ATC-Lindsey, Phill, and my buddy Kyle are going out wednesday night at the same time as me. We should all pull in around midnight that night! so excited! need to check and see when Eric and Taylor are pulling out. Gary Crum and Jared Jones are stopping off at the Badlands to ride Thursday last I heard, but they will land at Haspin Thursday evening I think. Its coming up!

captainweezy
06-03-2013, 09:42 PM
ya the plan is to pull out wednesday night after work. My buddy Adam is going to be riding with me out there in my truck. ATC-Lindsey, Phill, and my buddy Kyle are going out wednesday night at the same time as me. We should all pull in around midnight that night! so excited! need to check and see when Eric and Taylor are pulling out. Gary Crum and Jared Jones are stopping off at the Badlands to ride Thursday last I heard, but they will land at Haspin Thursday evening I think. Its coming up!
Awesome, cooler will be full of ice cold bud light.

Kintore
06-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Been going since 05, im doing it this year. Cant shake the feeling of not doing it. Spot me peeps!

Eric250R
06-05-2013, 01:52 AM
Been going since 05, im doing it this year. Cant shake the feeling of not doing it. Spot me peeps!
Spotted !!

Dirtcrasher
06-06-2013, 06:36 PM

Epic fail, no way; WIN!! Your gas was off!! I was there I saw it Timothy! :lol:

Louis Mielke
06-13-2013, 10:10 PM
*yawn* the Orange Crush made the devil giggle when it tickled his backbone last year. Maybe if the Tionesta jokers get out there and stack rocks in my way I won't ride up it half asleep.

YAMAHA_Jim
06-19-2013, 08:37 PM
I was at haspin before there was trikefest(2001).I rode up and down the backbone for 30 minutes on my blaster before a local told me i was on the devils backbone,the hardest hill in Haspin acres.I said"Oh yeah,Where's the hard part?" In 05 I did it a few times on my ytm 200. I like the rocky trail that leads to the bottom of the backbone more than the backbone itself. y'all have fun out there! :)