PDA

View Full Version : wooly boogers in the snow? HELP!!!!

tri-freak
12-21-2003, 12:21 AM
hey, ive heard that turning around your wooly booger tires gives better traction in the snow. ive got 25x13x9 wolly boogers on my tri-moto 200, and ive been doin donuts and drifting out by the wembley elk farm here, and ive found that anything over a foot deep of snow and i get stuck. but ive heard that turning them around gives btter traction in the snow. so could someone with wolly boogers please tell me if this really works? thanks, peace out.

givemean86triz
12-21-2003, 01:03 AM
They won't clean themselves out as good and they will become useless almost like using slicks in the snow. Get some tire chains that would help improve traction.

YTZ250#1
12-21-2003, 11:56 AM
About 10yrs ago I had a set on my 350x.I tried to turn them around and to run them the right way,they were no good in the snow or mud.the best in the snow and mud are stock type ballon knobbys.They seem to float over every thing the best.

TheOlderFox
12-21-2003, 06:35 PM
Well I can't tell you about reversing the tires, but I had a set with studs in them on a 225DX. That was a nice setup.

short4stuff
12-21-2003, 06:45 PM
why dont you just take the rim off the right side and put it on the left vise-versa and find out for your self ???

TheOlderFox
12-21-2003, 06:52 PM
Unfortunately I sold the 225 with those tires still on it......everyone makes a mistake or two. Otherwise I would be willing to test it out.

short4stuff
12-21-2003, 07:02 PM
ya thats cool, but I meant for tri-freak to test it out himself.
So why did you see your DX ?

tri-freak
12-23-2003, 10:27 PM
ya, i made an attempt to switch them around. i got the right side off just fine, but right now im short on tools, so my only metric socket was a 12mm, the rest were standard, and all the right hand lugs were 12mm, but only 2 were 12 on the left side, then there was 2 14 or 15 mm lugs on the left. you'd have to understand my trike. i bought it off a lady who bought it off an old man, the old man had the front tire on backwards, and i finally got around to turning that around in the bloody snow, took forever due to the almost seized front axle, had to take the left hand side of the fork right off, and after a few hours of cursing, fighting with freezing cold parts in -20 weather, threatening with a 12" monkey wrench and almost giving up and sellin it to the next person who walked by, i finally got it. ;) and when i found the mixed and matched lug nuts, i almost trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro myself. so ya, my trike has some problems, and would probly fit in at a mental institute, but it works for me. ill try to grab some more sockets from my dads shop next time i go there. ill get back to ya on it tho. thanks, tony