PDA

View Full Version : 1983 Honda 200ES Big Red Axle

kmichels
06-02-2013, 10:31 PM
I've got a 200ES with a little bit of axle issues. One of the previous owners bent the axle, welded the left hand hub to the axle probably because the splines were worn down because the right hand side splines don't grip at all... does donuts well though haha... Anyways, my question is - what models/years of ATC's would have the same size rear axle so I know what I can accept as a parts bike purchase to swap out the axle. I'm kinda new to anything beyond rebuilding the carburetor. I've had the rear axle nearly out of my '84 200S when trying to get at removing the rear brake drum but never got it totally out due to the drum being stuck, gave up and just use the front brake. Found some tips for that elsewhere on the forum though (patience and a pry bar, haha).

Anyways, any help would be appreciated if any of you know what other years/models had the same axle in them so I don't have to limit myself to finding an exact match parts bike (unless that is my only option).

FourLocked
06-02-2013, 11:21 PM
I would Just keep your eyes peeled for an 82-85 parts trike. For the most part they are all the same, my buddies 185 looks pretty similar to mine, I bet there is no difference.
If you end up finding anything that looks like it may work I'd just compare it.