PDA

View Full Version : 2013 TRIKEFEST MX THREAD - Results now posted!!

keister
06-03-2013, 01:25 PM
First some changes:

The major change for this year is that the races will be held at the large MX track. There is a mini track inside the big track which we may use for unsuspended and possibly semi-suspended. Some decisions will have to be made when we get to Haspin and evaluate track layout.

I did talk to the man who maintains track. He said he would be happy to accomodate us by making necessary changes to the layout to make the track more "trike friendly."

There are definitely some advantages to using the big track, such as, better means to keep the track watered. The larger layout will also give the big trikes more space to operate, so the racing will be more wide open and likely faster.

In the past we have been very lenient on required safety gear for racing. With the move to the big track, I would like to place an added emphasis on safety by instituting some

MANDATORY SAFETY GEAR: All riders must wear a helmet**, eye protection, long pants, shirt and boots (no sneakers).

STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: Full face helmet, Gloves, long sleeved shirt, chest protector, goggles, MX/ATV riding boots.

Other optional safety gear: Tether kill switch (for big bikes), kidney belt, neck brace, knee / elbow pads, riding pants

** This is a good place to give a reminder that helmets are required 100% of the time at Haspin with zero tolerance. This includes putting along to the shower, riding to a neighboring camp, or a 30 second ride while tuning / jetting. If you would "forget" to put on your helmet, someone will quickly remind you.**

Please don't be intimidated or deterred from participating in this event on the big track. You will be put in a class with riders of similar skill level on comparable machines. We will give you a safe layout, but as always, accidents occur when people try to ride outside of their abilities. Provided everyone rides within their capabilities, we will have another safe and fun year of MX racing.

keister
06-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Now the rules:

Trikefest Moto Cross will be held on Friday, June 21, 2012 at Haspin Acres in Laurel, IN.
Riders meeting at NOON, with racing to follow shortly. The track will be open to practice all morning and hopefully Thursday, as well.

There are 10 classes to choose from this year.

This lineup is not a race order - merely a listing of all classes available for entry. We will make every attempt to ensure that you do not have to run back to back if you enter more than one class.

There is no entry fee. SIGN-UPS WILL CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT ON THURSDAY, JUNE 20. Make sure you find me or ATC-Tim to sign up prior to that. Advanced on-line sign up may be done in this thread.

Each class will run twice. The first race is for line position, the second is for all the marbles. The first 3 classes listed are based more on rider ability than the machines. The intention is to place you on the track with other riders of similar skill level, for competitive and fun racing. We won't get too hung up on the machine. If you have a question as to what class you belong in, please don't be afraid to ask.

As always, we will need volunteers to flag on jumps and corners. Please help out by flagging a few races if you can. Nobody wants to be out there all day, so the more people, the better. Bonus: close up view of the action!

Number of laps will be discussed and determined at the riders meeting. Weather and the length of the track will be two of the determining factors.

The classes remain largely unchanged with one exception. During the intermission between the heats and the mains, we are going to run a one-lap exhibition race for two wheeled all terrain cycles. This is not a trophy class, it is exhibition only. Any size bike is allowed, provided it has two FAT tires.

Open Expert (A class) - Expert only class. Run what ya brung. Any and all modifications are welcome.

2-Stroke Advanced (B class) – Generally 250cc two-stroke riders with MX racing experience.

2-stroke Novice (C class) – Mostly 250cc two-stroke riders with little or no MX racing experience.

4 Stroke Open – 350X class. Highly competitive and a blast to watch.

Mid Size Suspended – Under 250cc 4 stroke, or 175cc 2 stroke with front and rear suspension such as 200X, 250SX, YTM225, etc

Hard Tails (semi-suspended) – Front suspension only, such as 200S, 200M, YTM200, YT175, etc.

Unsuspended – Up to 140cc such as ATC70, 90, 110, YT60, YT125, ALT125, etc.

Ladies Trike - Ladies of all ages on any size 3-wheeler.

Kids Trike – Kids up to 13 years old and 125cc.

Geriatric class – Age 35 and over on any size three-wheeler.

Two wheeled cycle - Any bike with ATV size tires such as Fat Cat, Big Wheel, Missle kit, 2-Cate, Dual-Z, ALTwo, etc (No trophy - 1 lap exhibition during intermission).

Post any questions you have about classes in this thread.

keister
06-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Sign-up is now open:

You may sign up in advance in this thread, or sign-up with ATCTim or I on Wednesday or Thursday at TrikeFest.
Sign-up closes Thursday (around midnight) at the shoe tree.

Please use this format:
NAME:
BOARD NAME:
MAKE/MODEL:
CLASS:
RACE #:

Listing of classes: Open Expert (A class), 2-Stroke Advanced (B class), 2-Stroke Novice (C class), 4 Stroke Open, Mid Size Suspended, Hard Tails (semi-suspended), Unsuspended, Ladies Trike, Kids Trike, Geriatric class, Exhibition 2 wheel cycle

Gate position for moto 1 will be based on order of sign-up.

keister
06-03-2013, 01:43 PM
I'll start:

NAME: William Keister
BOARD NAME: Keister
MAKE/MODEL: 1981 ATC 110
CLASS: Unsuspended
RACE #: 88

NAME: William Keister
BOARD NAME: Keister
MAKE/MODEL: TR200 Fat Cat
CLASS: Exhibition 2 wheel cycle

atctim
06-03-2013, 01:52 PM
I'll go second:

NAME: Tim Keister
BOARD NAME: atctim
MAKE/MODEL: 1983 ATC 200
CLASS: Semi-suspended
RACE #: 75

NAME: Tim Keister
BOARD NAME: atctim
MAKE/MODEL: Kaseyline Missile Kit 250R
CLASS: Exhibition 2 wheel cycle
RACE #: 75

thestud25
06-03-2013, 02:05 PM
I'll go third!

NAME:Jonathan Lorence
BOARD NAME:thestud25
MAKE/MODEL:1986 Kawasaki KLT110
CLASS:Hard-Tail semi-suspended
RACE #:25

Kintore
06-03-2013, 02:08 PM
NAME: Josh Ball
BOARD NAME: Kintore
MAKE/MODEL: TT450r
CLASS: OPEN
RACE #: 19

NAME: Josh Ball
BOARD NAME: Kintore
MAKE/MODEL: 83 185sssss
CLASS: Semi- Suspended
RACE #: 19

Ill help with flagging and what not boys... just let me know

rray62
06-03-2013, 04:09 PM
NAME: Rob Ray
BOARD NAME: rray62
MAKE/MODEL: ATC250r
CLASS: open expert
RACE #: 62

ATV On Demand
06-03-2013, 04:09 PM
QUESTION

Is the Four-Stroke Open class a vintage four-stroke class, or a true open class allowing hybrids?

NAME: Joe Tolle
BOARD NAME: ATV on Demand
MAKE/MODEL: 1985 Honda ATC350X
CLASS: Four Stroke Open-350X
RACE# 3

NAME: Joe Tolle
BOARD NAME: ATV on Demand
MAKE/MODEL: 1985 Honda ATC350X
CLASS: +35
RACE# 3

atctim
06-03-2013, 04:25 PM
QUESTION

Is the Four-Stroke Open class a vintage four-stroke class, or a true open class allowing hybrids?

Four Stroke Open is "350X Class" - True "Open Class" is "Open A"

I think it used to be called "350X" class, but now with the 400 Big Bores for 350Xs, the name got changed.

loshe191
06-03-2013, 09:31 PM
NAME: Jeff Loshe
BOARD NAME: loshe191
MAKE/MODEL: 1985 ATC 250R
CLASS: C class
RACE #: 191

I am going to give it a try. I can also help flagging.

Eric250R
06-04-2013, 01:46 AM
Eric Banks
Eric250R
86 200X
Midsize suspended

TecateDan
06-04-2013, 07:30 AM
Question... I've NEVER RUN MX even once.. Made a half lap on the small track last year on bens 2-cate and crashed. I'm bringing my 500 tecate so what class would that put me in?

85250r313
06-04-2013, 10:38 AM
name: jim nemacheck
board name: 85250r313
make/model: honda 250r
class: open expert
race#: 313

name: jim nemacheck
board name: 85250r313
make/model: honda 250r
class: geriatric
race#: 313

name: jeremy nemacheck
--------
make/model: honda 125
class: unsuspended
race #: 194

name: jeremy nemacheck
---------
make/model: honda 350x
class: 4 stroke open
race #:194

Bill, are you sure 35 is old enough for geriatric class? lol!!! how about 45?

u.p ted
06-04-2013, 11:13 AM
NAME:ted johnson
BOARD NAME:U.P ted
MAKE/MODEL:honda 200x
CLASS:Mid Size Suspended
RACE #:# 2

BOARD NAME:u.p ted
MAKE/MODEL:honda 125m
CLASS:Unsuspended

atctim
06-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Question... I've NEVER RUN MX even once.. Made a half lap on the small track last year on bens 2-cate and crashed. I'm bringing my 500 tecate so what class would that put me in?

Open A is the only class that bike fits into - unless you are over the age of 35, in which you could run in geriatric class.

keister
06-04-2013, 12:08 PM
QUESTION

This class is intended for 350X based motors in 350X chasis. I would like to limit it to that if possible.

It isn't really even a 4-stroke vintage class because we have denied 200Xs in this class before. Reason being, 200x has it's own class and it is light and nimble, giving it an advantage on the small MX track.

We have let one 450 into this class and probably will not allow that going forward. A hybrid 450, for example, would have an advantage this year on the big track. I would likely put that person in the regular A, B, or C, depending on their ability. Same would probably go for an XR600 conversion.

keister
06-04-2013, 12:27 PM

Open A is the only class that bike fits into - unless you are over the age of 35, in which you could run in geriatric class.

I had the complete opposite thought. Here we have a rider who wants to try MX for the first time. Automatically in C class, right?

If the rider fits in C and the bike fits in A, do we split the difference and put it in B class? I will get some input from others, talk it over and figure it out. The right answer is to put him in a class where he will be competitive with the other trikes. I wouldn't want to see him blow away the C class field on a 500. I really wouldn't want to see him get landed on by someone coming off a 40 foot jump in A class.

Fear not, TecateDan! We will find the right class for you.

Eric250R
06-04-2013, 12:31 PM
This class is intended for 350X based motors in 350X chasis. I would like to limit it to that if possible.

It isn't really even a 4-stroke vintage class because we have denied 200Xs in this class before. Reason being, 200x has it's own class and it is light and nimble, giving it an advantage on the small MX track.

We have let one 450 into this class and probably will not allow that going forward. A hybrid 450, for example, would have an advantage this year on the big track. I would likely put that person in the regular A, B, or C, depending on their ability. Same would probably go for an XR600 conversion.

Cool, was wondering what class I could run with my 450 when its finished.

xrider
06-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Which class would you guys prefer I enter? My 350x still has a 350x chassis and motor, but with quite a few modifications. It doesnt really matter to me whether it is the Open class or the 350x class, whatever you think is best.

keister
06-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Cool, was wondering what class I could run with my 450 when its finished.

That's an easy one. You would be in B class. If you win B class, you move up to A.

keister
06-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Which class would you guys prefer I enter? My 350x still has a 350x chassis and motor, but with quite a few modifications. It doesnt really matter to me whether it is the Open class or the 350x class, whatever you think is best.

That's your call. You are fast enough, and legal to run either -- or both.

keister
06-04-2013, 12:52 PM
BOARD NAME:u.p ted
MAKE/MODEL:honda 125m
CLASS:Unsuspended

Nope! Some guy already has a #88 entered in Unsuspended.
As a penalty, you now have to line up at the gate facing backwards and with a cold motor.

atctim
06-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Teddy, just turn your number plate sideways and you can be number "Infinifty over Infinity"

Dirtcrasher
06-04-2013, 08:23 PM
4 stroke open unless it's a death track.

Dirtcrasher
350X with some mods.
Steve Thomas
ANY NUMBER IS FINE BY ME.......

TecateDan
06-05-2013, 06:43 AM
I had the complete opposite thought. Here we have a rider who wants to try MX for the first time. Automatically in C class, right?

If the rider fits in C and the bike fits in A, do we split the difference and put it in B class? I will get some input from others, talk it over and figure it out. The right answer is to put him in a class where he will be competitive with the other trikes. I wouldn't want to see him blow away the C class field on a 500. I really wouldn't want to see him get landed on by someone coming off a 40 foot jump in A class.

Fear not, TecateDan! We will find the right class for you.

Ill be there Wednesday night. Perhaps I could run a hot lap on the track to help get an idea where I would best fist ?Also I would talk to Fabiodriven. He knows all about hte differnet riders and how well they ride VS where I belong. He and I have been friends since 1987 so he is your best bet for inside info on my ability. Also the 500 really isint much faster than my tecate250 cause with only a +3 swinger for mx it will just spin the wheels or wheelie. at least in MX form. Yes with +10 and drag pipe it's faster but that's not how I'd have it set up for MX obviously. Or Maybe it is way faster but with me riding it on the short trails it really doesn't add that much speed to my riding style.

Russell 350X
06-05-2013, 05:14 PM
NAME: Russell Stormer Jr
BOARD NAME:Russell 350X
MAKE/MODEL: Casper
CLASS: 2 stroke advanced
RACE #:21

NAME: Russell Stormer Jr
BOARD NAME:Russell 350X
MAKE/MODEL: 1983 Honda ATC200
CLASS: Hardtails
RACE #:21

Mrs.Eric250R
06-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Name: Jessica Banks
Boardname: Mrs.Eric250R
Model:1986 200X
Class: Ladies
Race number:11

girlsride2
06-06-2013, 09:42 AM
I too will be happy to help flag!

Sorry not signing up to race!

u.p ted
06-06-2013, 11:11 AM
i just saw that im sorry, # 82 would be my #

black110
06-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Name: Mike Bell
Boardname: Black110
Model: 85 atc 110
Class: unsuspended
Race number: 000

Lee350x
06-07-2013, 08:26 PM
If i won B class last year does that mean i would be in A class this year?

keister
06-10-2013, 12:38 PM
If i won B class last year does that mean i would be in A class this year?

Absolutely! You earned it. Congrats on graduating, and best of luck to you now that you are running with the big dogs.

keister
06-10-2013, 12:57 PM
7 days, 3,000 views, and 13 entrants??!!??
Think I'm gonna delete my account and go join some random quad forum.....

Dirtcrasher
06-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Is 92 a number I can use? It was my BMX number "92T". And that would only be a rear plate if thats AOK.

I guess if so few people are signing up than we have ALLOT of numbers available........

Otherwise I would suggest a thread for "unavailable numbers".

3wheeled roofer
06-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Jockey lookin for a horse to race and a real helmet. If not Im gonna be the ugliest cheerleader u ever did c. lmao:lol: flyin in but probably wont be there till thurs. morning. So freakin stoked on headin out east....never been out of the five states over here. California, Arizona, Utah, new mexico, old mexico, and Colorado. I know one is another country but I grew up 10 miles from Tecate....yeah that's what they named the trike after.hahahaha

CRAZY70MAN
06-10-2013, 09:02 PM
7 days, 3,000 views, and 13 entrants??!!??
Think I'm gonna delete my account and go join some random quad forum.....

Suck it up girlfriends.......tighten up some skirts and sign up!! All ya have to do is go have some fun?? It ain't life or death......just take it slow like me,,,,,,
Name: Andy Stollar
Boardname: Crazy70man
Model: 86 atc250r
Class 2 stroke b
Race number: 838
Come on fellas...it is just for fun. Don't go the rest of your life regretting never even trying it........trust me...there is always someone to race with that is at your level no matter what.....race at your own pace and have a good time....

thestud25
06-10-2013, 09:52 PM
The semi suspended is the largest

Billy Golightly
06-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Jockey lookin for a horse to race and a real helmet. If not Im gonna be the ugliest cheerleader u ever did c. lmao:lol: flyin in but probably wont be there till thurs. morning. So freakin stoked on headin out east....never been out of the five states over here. California, Arizona, Utah, new mexico, old mexico, and Colorado. I know one is another country but I grew up 10 miles from Tecate....yeah that's what they named the trike after.hahahaha

That is awesome! I think we should be able to find a bike for ya to race MX, worst case scenario, come find me Thursday or thereabouts and I'll see what I can hook ya up with

3wheeled roofer
06-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Count me in for racing and if I don't find a ride I will ride a flag out there. one way or another I will find a good time

just ben
06-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Jockey lookin for a horse to race and a real helmet. If not Im gonna be the ugliest cheerleader u ever did c. lmao:lol: flyin in but probably wont be there till thurs. morning. So freakin stoked on headin out east....never been out of the five states over here. California, Arizona, Utah, new mexico, old mexico, and Colorado. I know one is another country but I grew up 10 miles from Tecate....yeah that's what they named the trike after.hahahahaYou can sport my tecate but I have to warn you that it's known to break bones!

atctim
06-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Count me in for racing and if I don't find a ride I will ride a flag out there. one way or another I will find a good time

Check your PMs

jeswinehart
06-10-2013, 10:39 PM
I just put a extra helmit in my Trikefest bound supplies for you Roofer. I will be on the "hill" in a 2007 white ford van (no trailer)

3wheeled roofer
06-10-2013, 10:51 PM
Name: Jeremy Knisely
board name: 3wheeled roofer
Trike: 400X
Class: expert or open class?(put me where u may):wondering
Race #: ?

Thanks for the ride..This will be fun.:D

stroberts22
06-10-2013, 11:07 PM

"IMO" Best of the west "Roofer" vs best of the east "Chicken Hawk" shootout! Worth the price of admission. This is going to be awesome. I'm definitely going to have to get off work somehow now.

CRAZY70MAN
06-11-2013, 07:57 AM
"IMO" Best of the west "Roofer" vs best of the east "Chicken Hawk" shootout! Worth the price of admission. This is going to be awesome. I'm definitely going to have to get off work somehow now.

I agree!! That open class is really shaping up to be one badass race.......especially out on that track!:lock:

sanchez
06-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Fyi bringing a my yt125 and a ytm 200 not sighning up till i see whats running fri. Got to see weather hard ar semi is the better race. I mean theirs going to be a real showing for semi.

keister
06-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Is 92 a number I can use? It was my BMX number "92T". And that would only be a rear plate if thats AOK.

That is AOK!

keister
06-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Suck it up girlfriends.......tighten up some skirts and sign up!! All ya have to do is go have some fun?? It ain't life or death......just take it slow like me,,,,,,
Name: Andy Stollar
Boardname: Crazy70man
Model: 86 atc250r
Race number: 838
Come on fellas...it is just for fun. Don't go the rest of your life regretting never even trying it........trust me...there is always someone to race with that is at your level no matter what.....race at your own pace and have a good time....

What class Mandy?

CRAZY70MAN
06-11-2013, 12:21 PM
What class Mandy?

sorry peepers.. 2 stroke b. I fixed it....

keister
06-11-2013, 12:40 PM

Sorry, but I have to beg to differ with you on this point.

Chickenhawk lives below the Mason Dixon line making him the best in the south. He is also the defending champ and surely the favorite going into the race.
The best in the East hails from Ohio and rides a Tecate. Rarely on this forum, he goes by NitroKaw, and his name is Carl. He has won A class before and many other non-TF trike MX races. Here's hoping he jumps back in the mix this year. We haven't seen him square off against Chickenhawk yet. That would be epic.
Lest ye not forget about the best in the North. Riding out of Kintore, Ontario, he won 3 consecutive back to back to back championships before sitting out 2012 on maternity leave.
I have witnessed the Roofer, best of the West, playing in the sand. His riding style falls somewhere between unbelievable and ridiculous. I have no doubt he will stack up well against these guys.

Flyin Bryan is also a former TF MX champion so don't count him out. Cousin Snake won 350 class last year and will be on the LTR this time around. Jason Hall is always a threat on his ultra-light 450. Bryan Raffa and Louis Mielke placed second and third in 2012 and consistently run near the front of the pack. Aplogies to anyone I am forgetting. I know there are other strong contenders.

This is gonna be FUN!!!!!

keister
06-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Fyi bringing a my yt125 and a ytm 200 not sighning up till i see whats running fri. Got to see weather hard ar semi is the better race. I mean theirs going to be a real showing for semi.

Easy solution, run 'em both!

keister
06-11-2013, 12:50 PM

Tim, Might want to double up the gusseting on that frame.

Roofer, I put you down for Open A Expert, of course........ but that 400X should be a backup plan for now.

SOMEBODY PLEASE! Give this guy an R so he doesn't have to wrestle that big pig around the track.

Billy Golightly
06-11-2013, 06:47 PM
keister...I was looking for the MX flags today, did I by any chance lets you guys keep them last year? I can't seem to find them...

Tri-Z 250
06-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Champion and Championship are discriptive words relating to a SERIES of races...Class Champ is a more apporiate term. To me TrikeFest holds the MX race on Fridays(and signups Thurs by midnight) for some odd reason...This event will only test the riders who can take 2extra days off work to run it. The weekend MXracer who could travel late after work Friday night to make a Sat practice Sunday race might up the numbers...and bring the fast guys like a Cash payout. I don't make the rules or pick the days of Events to attract riders. If your telling someone to stepup a class based on motor cc size; when he's telling you it's his frist race...I say your wrong! C class is for beginers(unless the age meets the age class cutoff of 35)...if he smokes the class next year he can run B. When he blows away B class. Then it's on to A or Open. Trust me nobody is coming to Cherry Pick a class win in C so they can jump up and down with #1 trophy in C class. The value of an Overall win at TF holds little in the the way of prestiege outside TF or 3WW. Since you hold it as an Opening event it clearly shows me it's NOT the main feature for the Weekend. So don't go walking away thinking your the Fastest guy on the planet...as your just the fastest guy who could take off two extra days of work. Certianly don't try and hype this as some National or World Class Championship event either(it's the frist year for a real gated start)...them races are on Saturdays and Sundays exclusively to bring the racers. I hope for a safe event filled with lots of battles with braging rights around the campfire. This is all based on my opinion and it's just that, a personal opinion. I am in no way trying to knock on anyone one person, and not to discurage anyone from trying MX. I am not the fastest guy nor do I claim to be...In order for this to be a true Focal point of TF, it needs to be held on the weekend.

Dirtcrasher
06-12-2013, 12:59 AM
That is AOK!

Then 92 it shall be.........

THX!

Louis Mielke
06-12-2013, 09:13 AM
NAME: Louis Mielke
BOARD NAME: Louis Mielke
MAKE/MODEL: ATCR500R
RACE #:84

Louis Mielke
06-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Is 3wheeled roofer Jeremy? Jeremy, want to ride my 450?

Tim, Might want to double up the gusseting on that frame.

Roofer, I put you down for Open A Expert, of course........ but that 400X should be a backup plan for now.

SOMEBODY PLEASE! Give this guy an R so he doesn't have to wrestle that big pig around the track.

stroberts22
06-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Roofer on a 450! Everyone better eat their Wheaties. LOL

Derrick Adams
06-12-2013, 08:48 PM
NAME: KING KONG BUNDY
BOARD NAME: Derrick Adams
MAKE/MODEL: YAMAHA
RACE #:211

NAME: HOLLYWOOD
MAKE/MODEL: ATC 350X
CLASS: 4 Stroke Open
RACE #211

NAME: ANDRE THE GIANT
CLASS: Mid Size Suspended
RACE #211

Remember that number... 211

Shadd_27
06-12-2013, 09:13 PM
NAME:Shadd Spencer
BOARD NAME:Shadd_27
MAKE/MODEL:tpc 450
CLASS:open expert
RACE #:27

MAKE/MODEL:atc 350x
CLASS:4 stroke open

3wheeled roofer
06-12-2013, 09:35 PM
I guess we will see whats going on when we get down to the brass tacks. people have been very generous at this point. I am coming out to have a good time. Now lets remember "as we pump this up" this will actually be my third race on a trike. My fifth race period. Never really rode anything but a dirt bike and my trike and mostly sand. we will see what trike feels the most comfortable but not to comfortable cause they are not my bikes I will not beat them like mine. This will be a good show for sure.

keister
06-13-2013, 12:48 PM

RACE #211

RACE #211

Whoa..... sweet!! Welcome back man. Are you keeping us in suspense as to what is under the hood of those Yamahas?

Maybe I need to go back and edit my post about all the past winners who are in contention for the Open A Expert title this year?? For those who don't know him, there was a time just a few years ago when Derrick COMPLETELY DOMINATED 3 wheeler MX racing. Derrick also won the 2011 350X class. This thread just keeps getting better.......

keister
06-13-2013, 12:54 PM

MAKE/MODEL:atc 350x
CLASS:4 stroke open

Yessss!! And now we welcome the 2011 Open A Expert runner-up. Glad to see you back in the mix.
If the next post is 3leggeddog signing up, I will likely soil my drawers.....

keister
06-13-2013, 01:01 PM
I guess we will see whats going on when we get down to the brass tacks. people have been very generous at this point. I am coming out to have a good time. Now lets remember "as we pump this up" this will actually be my third race on a trike. My fifth race period. Never really rode anything but a dirt bike and my trike and mostly sand. we will see what trike feels the most comfortable but not to comfortable cause they are not my bikes I will not beat them like mine. This will be a good show for sure.

Ya, it's still just for fun and bragging rights. I originally wasn't going to hype this up so much - to avoid putting any pressure on people, but this just keeps getting better by the minute. You might need that four-fiddy after all. Though it does suck if you have to dial it back a little out of respect for someone else's bike. Like you said......"a good show for sure."

Flossyb20
06-14-2013, 01:13 PM
NAME: James Baird
BOARD NAME: Flossyb20
MAKE/MODEL: 87 250sx
RACE #20

NAME: Jason Baird
BOARD NAME: LastFoolerinVA
MAKE/MODEL: 86 250sx
RACE #88

IKE-Z
06-16-2013, 07:15 PM
First timer! I have a last minute axle bearing replacement to do, but want to give a go.

Name: Isaac Hammons
Board Name: IKE-Z
Make/Model: 85 Tri-z
Class: Two Stroke C
Race# 71

Daddio
06-16-2013, 10:12 PM

RACE #211

RACE #211

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.
You may need to remember that number after racing all of those classes.:naughty:

keister
06-17-2013, 01:15 PM
Online sign ups close tomorrow (Tuesday, June 18) at noon!

If you haven't posted in this thread by then, find me on Wed or Thursday and write your name in the book.

I still need to talk to Lee350X, Stroberts, and Sanchez when we get there. I know you are all racing, just don't have you in the book yet due to uncertainty with classes.

I will be camped in the usual spot (black Tacoma past the house on the right)....... but I'm rarely at camp.
Better luck finding me on the trails, at the backbone, one of the tracks, or my most frequented spot, the SHOE TREE.

Lee350x
06-18-2013, 12:04 PM
Im having electrical problems with my 250r. So im not sure what class/bike ill race yet.

xrider
06-18-2013, 07:32 PM
I know I am a little late, but if I can still sign up I would like to! I wont be arriving until early friday morning.

NAME: Matt Roby
BOARD NAME: xrider
MAKE/MODEL: 1986 Honda ATC350X
RACE# 331

matt3x
06-18-2013, 09:48 PM
I know I am a little late, but if I can still sign up I would like to! I wont be arriving until early friday morning.

NAME: Matt Roby
BOARD NAME: xrider
MAKE/MODEL: 1986 Honda ATC350X
RACE# 331
Finally retiring the 200x?

xrider
06-19-2013, 06:35 AM
Yes sir. I probably wont have room to even bring it this year. She's getting a full resto this winter.

Finally retiring the 200x?

keister
06-24-2013, 07:52 PM

WINNER!!!

Congratulations to Shadd for his victory in the Extreme Unlimited Open Expert 2013 TrikeFest Championship MX class. That was some fancy riding and amazing racing!

I will have full results and possibly even some race recaps in this thread, later in the week. Stay tuned.....

keister
06-26-2013, 12:54 PM
Open Expert (A class)
1. Shadd Spencer – Shadd_27 - TPC450
2. Louis Mielke – 500R
3. Josh Ball – Kintore – TT450

2-Stroke Advanced (B class)
1. Jacob Hall – 250R
2. Andy Stollar – Crazy70man – 250R
3. Brent Baker – 250R

2-Stroke Novice (C class)
1. Isaac Hammons – IKE-Z – Tri-Z
2. Rich Kirk – Ditchmud – 250R

4-Stroke Open
1. Jeremy Knisely – 3 Wheeled Roofer – 350X
2. Matt Roby – Xrider – 350X
3. Shane Breeding – AMSBreeding – 350X

Mid Size Suspended
1. Jeff Cantwell - Cantwellx – 200X
2. Chase Kirk – Mini Triker – 200X
3. Jason Baird – LastFoolerinVA – 250SX

Semi Suspended (Hardtail)
1. Russell Stormer Jr – Russell350X – ATC200
2. Tim Keister – ATC Tim – ATC200
3. Nate Carey – Tri Z Nate – ATC200

Unsuspended
1. Ted Johnson – U.P. Ted – 125M
2. Tim Blask – Sanchez – YT125
3. Ben Meyer – Just Ben – ATC70

Ladies
1. Sarah Brown – 250SX
2. Regina Swinger – 3 Quenn – Tri-Z
3. Sandy Hall – MI Halls – ATC185

Kids
1. Chase Kirk – 125cc / 70
2. Savannah Kirk – Sis – 250SX
3. Kyle Schuster – 200S

Geriatric
1. Jim Nemacheck – 85250r313 – 250R
2. Eric Moore – Outlaw#24 – 250R
3. Tim Keister – ATCTim – 400X

Exhibition only – 2 wheeled cycle (non-trophy)
1. Tim Keister – ATC Tim – Fat Cat
2. Big Specht – Big Wheel 80
3. Josh Boyd – MTS – 2-Cate