PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my 125!

spookydoggg
06-04-2013, 05:50 PM
I have a Honda ATC125 and it runs fine in 1st and 2nd gear but when i shift into 3rd it bogs down and dies, what could be the issue? please let me know!

ps2fixer
06-06-2013, 02:11 AM
I would say carb needs adjustment, or possibley a weak spark.

Does it back fire at all when slowing down? Probably would be best to check the spark plug color.

After it dies, does it fire right back up?

spookydoggg
06-06-2013, 03:20 AM
It doesn't back fire, and the carb is set right i think.. how do i know if its not? and the color of the spark is fine. and yeah it starts right back up after it dies but when i go to ride it again it does the same thing. could it be a transmission issue?

ps2fixer
06-06-2013, 03:29 AM
I don't see how a transmission would cause it to die unless it locks up. It has a clutch so having the transmission completely locked up still shouldn't kill the engine.

I'm not always the best at the odd issues like this, but my thinking points to the carb yet, the main jet/needle. Maybe bring the needled up a notch or 2 in the carb and see how that effects things.

In neutral, 1st, and 2nd, can you rev it good with no bogging at all? If you hook the 3 wheeler up to a trailer, tree, aginst a car tire, or something to stop it from moving (even brakes if it has em :P), does it have the same problem in say 2nd gear?

Does it die as soon as you go in 3rd? Can you putt around in 3rd slowly?

Any odd noises, like scraping or grinding?

I'm pretty sure the 125s have a high and low range, guessing your in high, try low range? My cousin has one of these but the quad version, high/low gears were cracked and took out the housing.

I'm sure someone will chime in when morning hits with some different ideas.

my1423
06-06-2013, 03:44 AM
It runs great in 1st and 2nd?
Dies as you shift into 3rd?
This would be normally be a gear issue.
Tranny is jammed up and kills the motor, but it should still idle.
Try shifting to 3rd at a stop and see if it dies or just sits there.
If it sits there and just lugs when you rev it up then the tranny is bad.
If it still rolls and totally dies, try disconnecting the neutral safety switch.
Seen them all sorts of messed up and people like to rewire things.
Saw many a bike that died every time it went to neutral.

teop444
06-06-2013, 10:41 AM
I think you must change the gear box because i was also go through the same problem but when i was change the gear box my 125 gear is not die..whats update about your 125?

barnett468
06-06-2013, 11:09 AM
“Spookydoggg” joined 6 – 4 -2013. New topics posted approx 10

I am new and am looking for friends

i am looking for people to just talk about 3 wheelers and share stories and picture.

I am also looking for people to help me out with information on some of my projects!

Add me as a friend if you want

I need people to help me!

I want to meet some more people around this state and even every other state

send me a message or friend request, It will be worth it with the bikes i have!!!

I am I am a newer member and wanting some friends, anybody from around utah? Or anywhere?

I "Four wheelers are like tampons... every pussy needs one!" -Spookydoggg

I have a couple quads, you calling me a meow???

I love my trikes, but I also have a fascination with four wheelers. Can't beat a four wheeler for mudding, and hauling !

Right now i like my quad more only cause its running.

We don't like ignorance toward our breed, we shouldn't show ignorance to others.

sound like wise words to me.

Erased blankBlank

never mind

i have a bulltace dirtbike. does anybody know what its worth?

I dont have any pics. but i could go take some if you really want.

Hello We need WAY more info AND photos as already suggested to help with a value, also a VIN located on the steering head. For the photo, simply put them on Flickr etc., or a video on youtube.com and post the link to it in your reply. Would love to see it!

Models were

1. Metralla = street
2. Alpina = enduro
3. Pursang = MX
4. Astro = TT
5. Sherpa = Trials

Look at the list below and see which one it looks most like.

COOL PHOTOS OF VARIOUS BULTACO MODELS.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://classic-motorbikes.net/images/gallery/1971_bultaco_sherpa.jpg&imgrefurl=http://classic-motorbikes.net/gallery~bultaco-classic-motorcycles&h=600&w=800&sz=133&tbnid=Zv4q8pQXOSXgPM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=120&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbultaco%2Bsherpa%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3 Du&zoom=1&q=bultaco+sherpa&usg=__rarGr41kO6ljB-WRx1D80hnnc8o=&sa=X&ei=dfWuUevHDoO69gThqoHQBg&ved=0CCMQ9QEwAg

I really like your bike. Nice job on that.

Hello So you like a bike someone posted, just curious are you no longer interested in info since you didn't post anything anyone asked for?

barnett468: I am interested? its an open discussion? are you stupid?

Apparently so for replying to an extremely VAGUE question written by someone whom has now proven themselves to be seriously mentally challenged.

I also don't see how making comments like these to someone that simply tried to help you will get you the new friends you are so pathetically,desperately begging for in your comments above.

Don’t plan on being here long making comments like that especially as a NEWBIE and to someone you don’t know the first thing about. The next person you do it to might be one of the sites moderators.

i have a bulltace dirtbike. does anybody know what its worth?

I suggest in the future that if you are going to TRY to insult someone’s intelligence that you at LEAST try to PRETEND you are more intelligent than the person you are ATTEMPTING to insult. One of the ways to do this is to simply spell 5th GRADE level words CORRECTLY, it’s “Bultaco” not “bultace” and “dirtbike” is actually two separate words spelled “dirt bike”. Since the “o” and the “c” are a LONG distance from each other on the keyboard your mistake is OBVIOUSLY a spelling mistake and not a typo. The only problem with this suggestion is that one would need to be intelligent enough to know that the word they are ATTEMPTING to spell is being spelled incorrectly by them. It’s CLEAR in this case that you are NOT!

Although there are several others here that don’t spell well, this is NOT addressed to them, simply because not everyone can spell well but most importantly because they are not attacking me without just cause like you are.

Continue to ATTEMPT to insult myself and others here as you already have. As far as I’m concerned your negative comments are as irrelevant and insignificant as you are.

I suggest you find someone with an intelligence level greater than yours like maybe a 4th or 5th grader and have them read understand and then explain the above comments to you, since you have already CLEARLY exhibited an inability to do so yourself.

dougspcs
06-06-2013, 11:39 AM
How about if you double shift straight past 3rd to 4th?

ps2fixer
06-06-2013, 01:29 PM
barnett468's posts never stop amazing me, love how well you got the quotes down now :).

Your research and posts are very thorough, did you life a past life as a detective or something? :D PS-> don't bash my English, i barely passed! Auto spell check woot!.

Ok, on topic now.

I'm still kind of confused how there can be 0 problems with 1st and 2nd, but 3rd cause problems, but is able to shift out of 3rd with out issue. If something was broken or bent, it seems like it would be hard to get out of 3rd if it did locked up and stopped the engine from running.

spookydoggg
06-06-2013, 05:11 PM
I dont know how else to explain it. but thats what happens. no tricks work on it.

kb0nly
06-06-2013, 06:39 PM
I still vote for carb issues, unless 4th gear is ok??

dougspcs
06-07-2013, 07:53 AM
I still vote for carb issues, unless 4th gear is ok??

Still waiting for the answer to that one..Barnett's post created too much 'white noise', I don't think he saw my question.

"I suggest in the future that if you are going to TRY to insult someone’s intelligence that you at LEAST try to PRETEND you are more intelligent than the person you are ATTEMPTING to insult. One of the ways to do this is to simply spell 5th GRADE level words CORRECTLY, it’s “Bultaco” not “bultace” and “dirtbike” is actually two separate words spelled “dirt bike”. Since the “o” and the “c” are a LONG distance from each other on the keyboard your mistake is OBVIOUSLY a spelling mistake and not a typo. The only problem with this suggestion is that one would need to be intelligent enough to know that the word they are ATTEMPTING to spell is being spelled incorrectly by them. It’s CLEAR in this case that you are NOT!

Although there are several others here that don’t spell well, this is NOT addressed to them, simply because not everyone can spell well but most importantly because they are not attacking me without just cause like you are.

Continue to ATTEMPT to insult myself and others here as you already have. As far as I’m concerned your negative comments are as irrelevant and insignificant as you are.

I suggest you find someone with an intelligence level greater than yours like maybe a 4th or 5th grader and have them read understand and then explain the above comments to you, since you have already CLEARLY exhibited an inability to do so yourself. "

"Apparently so for replying to an extremely VAGUE question written by someone whom has now proven themselves to be seriously mentally challenged.

I also don't see how making comments like these to someone that simply tried to help you will get you the new friends you are so pathetically,desperately begging for in your comments above.

Don’t plan on being here long making comments like that especially as a NEWBIE and to someone you don’t know the first thing about. The next person you do it to might be one of the sites moderators."
Why not let the moderators correct this fella for his behavior Barnett..and quoting all his posts to demonstrate that he is kind of a :postwhore??

Who posts 1100 times in 5 months of membership..really? Pot/kettle..black..?

Sometimes you just have to learn when to walk away..

Until now I thought you were just a bore and a know it all..now you really showed that you are a nasty "fellow"!!

barnett468
06-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Hello spookydoggg

I have a Honda ATC125 and it runs fine in 1st and 2nd gear but when i shift into 3rd it bogs down and dies, what could be the issue? please let me know!

The following suggestions are based on you limited explanation of the problem and have recently happened to members here.

GAS CAP VENT – Your gas cap should have a vent and vent knob on top. These vents occasionally get plugged and can cause problems similar to yours. Turn the vent to the OPEN position and blow through the hole in bottom of cap if there is a direct access hole there. If it is plugged or your cap has been replaced and does not have a vent then replace it with a vented type. If you can’t determine if your vent is plugged then next time it does this simply loosen the cap and see if the problem is gone. See item 6 in link below.

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-atc125m-1984-usa_model55/partslist/F++11.html#results

STARVED FOR GAS – If you determine your gas cap is venting properly it could be sediment in your tank blocking odd the gas valve filter.

CDI BOX – They have been known to cause a similar problem when they get hot and work again when they cool.

REAR BRAKE – Check to see if rear brake is dragging and operating freely.

Dougsbs

You have been "trolling" [stalking] my posts virtually since I signed up on the site and consistently making unwarranted, negative and condescending comments against me on others posts which is not only off topic and thread stealing you offer 0 information within these posts that pertain to the OP’s question. Your post here is simply another example of this behavior.

Why not let the moderators correct this fella for his behavior Barnett..and quoting all his posts to demonstrate that he is kind of a ?? Sometimes you just have to learn when to walk away.

If you really believe then why didn’t you follow your own suggestion and let the moderators take care of the following instead of trying to do it yourself like you did 2 days ago on his “Meow” post?

I "Four wheelers are like tampons... every pussy needs one!" -Spookydoggg

We don't like ignorance toward our breed, we shouldn't show ignorance to others.

Seems you will have to spread your message of “restraint” to the following people also.

barnett468: I am interested? its an open discussion? are you stupid?

What's your deal man? Barnett is trying to help YOU out because YOU asked the question...

Briano’s reply to spookydoggg’s “Yamaha 60 value” post

Can you wipe your own trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro without someone's help?

RIDE-RED’s reply to his Meow post.

I have a couple quads, you calling me a meow???

That’s one of the most hypocritical things you’ve said yet because you OBVIOUSLY are typically the first to unnecessarily jump on someone and berate them for ANYTHING including correcting punctuation to simply sarcastically telling them they need to post more info regarding their problem or just calling them and/or their actions "mental". It's all in your post log MR Sarcasm!

In your typical lack of infinite wisdom, you obviously failed to understand the point of my post. Perhaps you also should get a 5th grader to explain it to you. It is not about the amount of posts he has written in such a short time, which should be OBVIOUS to ANYONE with an IQ level greater than that of a ROCK. Apparently you need a 5th grader to read and explain my post to you also.

You’ve called more people and/or their actions “mental” on the site then there are people in the state facility for those unfortunate types.

I for one feel so much better and safer knowing you are STILL the sites self appointed arbiter of censorship and dictator of policy.

Who posts 1100 times in 5 months of membership..really? Pot/kettle..black..?

Uh yeah I added up the amount of posts we both replied to the last time you were accusing me of being a post :postwhore out of context and without any evidence, so I will put it into context for you. The evidence is on both our home pages

Around 6 weeks ago you had replied to around 64 threads during the 3 months prior to that time and I had actually responded to fewer at around 60. So by your own criteria you are a :postwhore also. If in fact I REPLIED to the posts in question more often, merely suggests that either I had more info to offer them than you [which has been proven time and time again by now] and/or you simply decided to no longer help them.

Since you appear to be keeping count you seem to have an unhealthy obsession regarding me. I suggest you see a Psychiatrist, SOON. You might have him work on your “Superiority” complex also.

Until now I thought you were just a bore

Few if any care seriously about what you think so I suggest you TRY to get over yourself. Your grandiose sense of self importance is far outweighed by the insignificance and irrelevance of you sand your poinions.

I’m not here to make conversation like you are, I believe there are other forums like the “OPEN FORUM” that cater to that sort of thing more.

and a know it all.

Thank you for suggesting I know more than you.

you really showed that you are a nasty prlck!

Wow, look who’s calling the, quote “Pot/kettle..black” now.

When someone calls me STUPID for absolutely no reason like spookydoggg has, one can possibly expect a reply! When someone calls me a “nasty prick” for no reason like you have they can also expect the same. I try to apply fair and equal responses to people like you and him that make unwarranted, unprovoked derogatory and condescending remarks towards me.

I suggest in the future that if you are going to TRY to insult someone’s intelligence that you at LEAST try to PRETEND you are more intelligent than the person you are ATTEMPTING to insult.

I suggest you find someone with an intelligence level greater than yours like maybe a 4th or 5th grader and have them read understand and then explain the above comments to you, since you have already CLEARLY exhibited an inability to do so yourself.

you really showed that you are a nasty prlck!

Last edited by dougspcs; 06-07-2013 at 05:09 AM.

Until now I thought you were just a bore and a know it all..now you really showed that you are a nasty "fellow"!!

Last edited by dougspcs; 06-07-2013 at 05:57 AM.

Guess you’ll have to be a little bit faster on the EDIT button next time.

barnett468
06-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Post correction

The word "odd" in the phrase below should be "off".

"sediment in your tank blocking odd the gas valve filter."

I have no edit button.

dougspcs
06-07-2013, 12:59 PM
I don't want to play 'I know you are but what am I?" anymore with you Barnett.

It's pointless for me to negotiate with a narcissistic personality type.

Sorry your thread got thrown under the bus 'spookydog'.

barnett468
06-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Hello spookydoggg

Again this comment is based on your limited explanation of the problem but if your bike is geared “taller” [to have more top end] than stock via gearing and/or taller than stock rear tires this “tall” gearing can contribute to a “bogging” feeling in the higher gears. This is the exact problem another member had here. You can look in the manual [click the blue string in kbonly’s post] to determine what stock gearing and tire size is vs. what you have and calculate accordingly to determine whether this might be a contributing factor to your problem or not.

dougspcs

I don't want to play 'I know you are but what am I?" anymore with you Barnett.

What? This comment makes no sense to anyone but you. Is it Poppy season up there in “Canadia” and the pollen has gone to your head or something ole buddy?

I also didn’t know that you were trying to play with me in the first place, but fortunately for me you no longer have a desire to do that so might I suggest that you simply play with yourself instead.

It's pointless for me to negotiate with a narcissistic personality type.

Why in the world are trying to negotiate with yourself? Besides proving by your UNWARRANTED, UNPROVOKED and SARCASTIC remarks that you are a sad, bitter and simply mean person, you are making a strong case that you have multiple personalities to [if one wants to call what you have, a “personality” in the first place].

HAAAAAAAAAAAH! That’s hilarious, you can now officially add Comedian to your obviously SHORT list of accomplishments.

If you were TRULY sorry about throwing his post under the buss as you CLEARLY did, you would simply not have stole his thread by making a post containing unwarranted, unprovoked sarcastic comments towards me and which contained 0 information directed to spookydoggg regarding his question in the first place. You Canadians crack me up, lol.

My post to him is NONE of your business…Oh, my mistake I forgot, as I mentioned in my previous post you are the self appointed 3WW Sherriff. FYI- My post to spookydoggg was merely a reply to the unwarranted, unprovoked sarcastic remarks he made towards me [his remarks are quoted in my previous posts above] on the OPEN FORUM.

Since he himself decided to do that I feel I have the right to reply to him in the same forum. As my comments said in my previous post, if one calls me STUPID as he did or a NASTY PRICK as you did [and then EDITED it] for absolutely no valid reason at all they might get a reply from me.

PS –

I suggest, that in the future, if you are going to TRY to insult someone’s intelligence you at LEAST try to PRETEND you are more intelligent than the person you are ATTEMPTING to insult. One of the ways to do this is to simply COPY something you are trying to spell which in this case would be the OP’s name which happens to be “spookydoggg” not ‘spookydog’ as you spelled it. You also incorrectly encapsulated [framed] it incorrectly by using apostrophes instead of parenthesis, as both “Old” English and American English language rules dictate. Oh, sorry I forgot, you’re Canadian [or at least live there].

Since this GLARING misspelling is OBVIOUSLY not a typo since there are too many letters missing and the mistake is NOT caused by Dyslexia as evidenced by the fact that no letters are transposed, it seems reasonable to theorize that it is most likely attributed simply to the fact that your reading skills, might be, what in my day, would be considered insufficient to pass 6th grade [or earlier] English, and/or your ability to remember short strings of letters is also less than average 6th grader.

Although there are several others here that, like you, don’t read well and/or have below average short term memory for their age group this is NOT addressed to them, simply because not everyone can read and/or remember well for various reasons but most importantly because they are not the ones attacking me without just cause like you are.

Go ahead and continue to ATTEMPT to insult myself and others here as you already have. Again, as far as I’m concerned your negative comments are as irrelevant and insignificant to me as you are.

NeverLift
06-07-2013, 05:43 PM
DING DING DING and the winner by KNOCK OUT is barnett468

dougspcs
06-07-2013, 07:42 PM
DING DING DING and the winner by KNOCK OUT is barnett468

Knowing when not to continue an argument isn't the same as losing argument..anyone with children knows this!

Mrs.Mosh
06-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Barnett,
Quit arguing with everyone and take the time to read the rules. If you have already, I suggest you reread them because you are violating at LEAST the first three.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/65055-The-RULES

1) No trolling, and post baiting. If you post something with the intention of doing nothing more then pissing a person(s) off you are doing what is known as trolling or post baiting. Trolling and post baiting will not be tolerated period, and you will be banned without warning or notice totally at any moderators discretion.

2) Don't be a post whore. 99.9% of the time you can get your message across by hitting the "edit post" button instead of the "quick reply" button. Learn to do that and get use to it. We will not be tolerating 5 one line posts in a 12 post thread all by one person. If you continually post idiotic things after other people have made a genuine effort to help you, be prepared to get educated in the errors of your ways. It probably will not be delicate. Continuing to make un-necessary posts or posting with useless info after being warned will probably result in temporary account suspension. See this thread for more information: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=10609

3) Don't be a thread hi-jacker. It would bother you if someone came into your thread and started carrying on about a totally different subject. Use PMs, or make a new thread if necessary.

There have been multiple posts of yours reported. Keep going and you will probably be given time off from the forum.

kb0nly
06-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Knowing when not to continue an argument isn't the same as losing argument..anyone with children knows this!

Hey doug just do what i did, block him... I can't stand reading through a multi quoted post that takes me three pages to scroll down past.

kb0nly
06-08-2013, 05:31 PM
To the OP of this thread....

I suggest you start a new thread or if you would like you could send me a PM? If you need the service manual i have it, and i would be happy to go through things with you on a one to one basis and maybe we can scratch heads, drink beers, and figure this out.. LOL

Good luck!

dougspcs
06-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Hey doug just do what i did, block him... I can't stand reading through a multi quoted post that takes me three pages to scroll down past.

I'll check that..didn't know the function existed!!

spookydoggg
06-17-2013, 12:10 AM
Im sorry too. im just new to the site with alot of questions. sorry i came here for help.

kb0nly
06-17-2013, 12:24 AM
Im sorry too. im just new to the site with alot of questions. sorry i came here for help.

Not your fault spooky...

So tell me, does it still do this bogging in fourth gear also, or only in third? Which would be really odd!

spookydoggg
06-25-2013, 05:52 PM
It does it in both gears. I have tried everything i can think of to fix it but nothing helps. could the transmission have a stripped gear or something?

kb0nly
06-25-2013, 09:19 PM
Hmm... Not totally sure whats going on here! This is a tough one to diagnose without seeing it in person.

ps2fixer
06-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Could you make a video of what it does and put it on youtube for us?

83 200e
06-28-2013, 12:20 PM
I think what everyone is trying to say here is that people make mistakes, and some, if not most get angry and retaliate. IMO it doesnt do any real good to lash out like Barnett is doing, and dougspcs shouldnt say things that are going to get an extremely negative response from certain people. It seems like you too are fighting over something no more relevent than a "I know you are, but what am I?" We should just get along and stick to the topic, because its senseless to keep a grudge on someone over something so minute and irrelevent to the topic/entire site. Thats just my .02

spookydoggg
07-16-2013, 09:44 PM
i will next time i can.