PDA

View Full Version : need opinions

hheywire
06-04-2013, 08:39 PM
I finally put my atc 200 together. Worked out all the bugs on the motor and I noticed something strange. I tried to top it out. Last gear wide open still accelerating with some rpms left to go and all of a sudden started loosing some power started decelerating on me while at full throttle. So I let off immediately in case
something was about to seize or blow on me. I nursed it back seemed fine the whole time driving it back home. After I got back I tried some hard accelerating to
see if anything felt wrong and it seemed fine. Revved up high idles good. I drove it again but didn't top it out still seemed fine. Anyone got any ideas on what
might have happened when I was losing power?

dougspcs
06-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Could be anything from running out of gas, ignition break down, running out of oil..etc, the list goes on and on!!

You gotta check some stuff and give us some 411 'heywire'..

Can't just jump off your machine and run to the computer..we aren't psychic.

hheywire
06-04-2013, 11:01 PM
I hear ya. I'm sorry I'm relying on the 3 wheeler world community for all my answers but I'm still learning about my machines and how to maintain them, as soon I gain some
knowledge I will be able to return the favor and put some answers into the community. I can give some specifics though. It has a quart of oil in the motor so it should be
getting lubrication. The piston has some slack in the bore so I do have some smoke burning and I'm not sure if it's the
reason for the light knocking it's having, most likely it is. But I still don't know why I had power loss at random and then it's fine later.