PDA

View Full Version : I have rusted gas tanks and really need help. please give me your input!

spookydoggg
06-06-2013, 04:26 AM
I have gas tanks that have flake rust in them and ones that are really rusted. i have heard that vinegar will clean out the rust but i am wondering if there is a better way. Please help me fix my problem. let me know how i could.

tri again
06-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Try the search key.

There are hundreds of suggestions.
I prefer the phosphoric acid based rust reformers. Turns iron oxide to glass essentially.
Tank coat/liners worry me and hard to remove if you have to.

Getting the tanks clean first?
Best to read the posts and hear the horror and success stories for yourself.

Radiator shops can do a great job actually cheaper and faster in the long run, than we can.

250rRoostmaster
06-06-2013, 09:37 AM
I used the KBS coatings tank cleaner kit and it worked fantastic!! I would recommend the product to anybody! Also very easy and straight forward to use. I think i paid something like $35 for the kit.

barnett468
06-06-2013, 11:11 AM
“Spookydoggg” joined 6 – 4 -2013. New topics posted approx 10

I am new and am looking for friends

i am looking for people to just talk about 3 wheelers and share stories and picture.

I am also looking for people to help me out with information on some of my projects!

Add me as a friend if you want

I need people to help me!

I want to meet some more people around this state and even every other state

send me a message or friend request, It will be worth it with the bikes i have!!!

I am I am a newer member and wanting some friends, anybody from around utah? Or anywhere?

I "Four wheelers are like tampons... every pussy needs one!" -Spookydoggg

I have a couple quads, you calling me a meow???

I love my trikes, but I also have a fascination with four wheelers. Can't beat a four wheeler for mudding, and hauling !

Right now i like my quad more only cause its running.

We don't like ignorance toward our breed, we shouldn't show ignorance to others.

sound like wise words to me.

Erased blankBlank

never mind

i have a bulltace dirtbike. does anybody know what its worth?

I dont have any pics. but i could go take some if you really want.

Hello We need WAY more info AND photos as already suggested to help with a value, also a VIN located on the steering head. For the photo, simply put them on Flickr etc., or a video on youtube.com and post the link to it in your reply. Would love to see it!

Models were

1. Metralla = street
2. Alpina = enduro
3. Pursang = MX
4. Astro = TT
5. Sherpa = Trials

Look at the list below and see which one it looks most like.

COOL PHOTOS OF VARIOUS BULTACO MODELS.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://classic-motorbikes.net/images/gallery/1971_bultaco_sherpa.jpg&imgrefurl=http://classic-motorbikes.net/gallery~bultaco-classic-motorcycles&h=600&w=800&sz=133&tbnid=Zv4q8pQXOSXgPM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=120&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbultaco%2Bsherpa%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3 Du&zoom=1&q=bultaco+sherpa&usg=__rarGr41kO6ljB-WRx1D80hnnc8o=&sa=X&ei=dfWuUevHDoO69gThqoHQBg&ved=0CCMQ9QEwAg

I really like your bike. Nice job on that.

Hello So you like a bike someone posted, just curious are you no longer interested in info since you didn't post anything anyone asked for?

barnett468: I am interested? its an open discussion? are you stupid?

Apparently so for replying to an extremely VAGUE question written by someone whom has now proven themselves to be seriously mentally challenged.

I also don't see how making comments like these to someone that simply tried to help you will get you the new friends you are so pathetically,desperately begging for in your comments above.

Don’t plan on being here long making comments like that especially as a NEWBIE and to someone you don’t know the first thing about. The next person you do it to might be one of the sites moderators.

i have a bulltace dirtbike. does anybody know what its worth?

I suggest in the future that if you are going to TRY to insult someone’s intelligence that you at LEAST try to PRETEND you are more intelligent than the person you are ATTEMPTING to insult. One of the ways to do this is to simply spell 5th GRADE level words CORRECTLY, it’s “Bultaco” not “bultace” and “dirtbike” is actually two separate words spelled “dirt bike”. Since the “o” and the “c” are a LONG distance from each other on the keyboard your mistake is OBVIOUSLY a spelling mistake and not a typo. The only problem with this suggestion is that one would need to be intelligent enough to know that the word they are ATTEMPTING to spell is being spelled incorrectly by them. It’s CLEAR in this case that you are NOT!

Although there are several others here that don’t spell well, this is NOT addressed to them, simply because not everyone can spell well but most importantly because they are not attacking me without just cause like you are.

Continue to ATTEMPT to insult myself and others here as you already have. As far as I’m concerned your negative comments are as irrelevant and insignificant as you are.

I suggest you find someone with an intelligence level greater than yours like maybe a 4th or 5th grader and have them read understand and then explain the above comments to you, since you have already CLEARLY exhibited an inability to do so yourself.