PDA

View Full Version : June 6th 1944 D-Day

bkm
06-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Its that time of year again and I just wanted to remind those that may have forgotten about this important day in world history. If you still have grandparents or parents that fought during WWII, take a few minutes and thank them. This is a special day in their lives and they need to be cherished, because they aren't getting any younger.

For some of the younger guys on here who have a grandpa that is still living and served in WWII, if he'll talk about it, soak every last thing he says about it into your brain and cherish it forever.

My grandfather served from in Germany in '44-'45 and a year of occupation in '46. He then went on to serve his Uncle for two more years in Korea. He died when I was 8 years old and I would give anything to be able to talk to him just one more time.

God Bless those that served Past, Present, and Future.

Scootertrash
06-06-2013, 10:35 PM
This country wouldn't be what it is today (despite all the crap going on now) if it wasn't for those brave men and women then and now.

God Bless those that served Past, Present, and Future.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks that nothing is worth war, is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill ~ 1868

250r'en +TCB
06-06-2013, 11:34 PM
It is great to see that some of us still take a moment to pause and remember the unfathomable sacrifice that the vets of WWII made.

Thank you for posting this thread!