PDA

View Full Version : What was the first bike, trike, or quad you ever rode?

barnett468
06-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Hello Everyone

What was the very first bike, trike, or quad you ever rode? May include mini bikes, motorcycles, go carts and 3 and 4 wheelers only.

Feel free to include your age at the time and any length story you like up to the sites limit of 6000 characters, however shorter stories are preferred.

RULES

1. No profanity.

2. No stories of evading police or other authorities. If your story includes such events simply eliminate that portion or modify it accordingly.

3. No stories of drugs or under aged drinking.

4. No stories of injuries to others or animals but if you hurt yourself that's acceptable.

5. No stories of serious illegal activities and if they contain minor infractions of the law you must say “I’m sorry I did that” at the end of your post so others don’t think it’s ok to do.

6. NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS OR JOKES AIMED AT OTHER MEMBERS

Keep it clean and on topic!!
Howdy

Forum: New Member discussion
“This forum is for all new member discussion and interaction”

M.Pargiello
06-11-2013, 11:22 AM
I think I was like 6, we got a manco indy car go kart. Little 5hp b&s, tiny drive sprocket and sub-par brakes. Geared so much you had to get a push start but WOW did it wind out! That was the beginning of my gas powered obsession :) still have it to this day

JasonB
06-11-2013, 12:09 PM
I look to be about 4 or so in this picture. That was my Kawasaki! We can pretend it’s a Tecate lol
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/sleepin-mr2/AF531F29-1201-453A-81F6-277B6C88FAC4-1299-0000016469C5DCFF_zpscb061cea.jpg

I think my first real bike I ever owned was an 82 XT250 enduro Yamaha. Heavy junk bike it was! Bought it when I turned 21, laid it down in the guys front yard that I was buying it from and said theres no way in hell im buying this bike. So my brother ATC-Eric said he was going to buy it right there and I bought so he couldn’t have it lmao

Used to ride Go Carts as kids from like age 11 and up, Eric and I both had our own and we tore up the rock roads and fields and parking lots everywhere we went! Always wanted an ATV of some sort but the parents we determined we would kill ourselves on them so we never had one until we could buy them ourselves

Larry T Moore
06-11-2013, 12:11 PM
first bike was an Indian 50...then the step dad had a heart attack and bought the fist 1980 110 the Honda dealership had in....rode it until I almost killed it..then stepped up to bikes for a bit.....but always back to the 110..we restored the 110 in 1985 and sold it at auction when the step dad passed and bought a brand new 200s...sold it when I got married and regretted it for years...finally bought an 86 200x and kept it until the rings started letting it smoke and never fixed it...and then fixed up a 1979 70 for my son and fixed up another 85 BIG RED....then I got lucky and scored a nice 1984 200 that came from the now gone dealership the 110 came from....wound up trading the 200 to my ex brother in law for his 86 250r because he got a bone disease and couldnt work the clutch...had it gone thru and had a 330 kit put in and rode the crap out of it until the divorce...lost the big red and fought over the 250r and 70 for 3 years...finally got them but the ex's new hubby had tore up the 250r..not by riding but making it so I had to fix it to ride it...anyway..last winter got my 250sx and have been fixing it up and done some trading...wound up with the frankentrike 90...and with help from flyingw I got a nice rider..my story and Im sticking to it..

maxdallasfan
06-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Isn't it funny how all kids start out riding tricycles? Flip hazard on those if you ask me!

My first was a Suzuki LT185. Beat the heck out of it, but it kept going. Come to think of it, we had it for 5 years, and I don't ever recall doing any kind of service on it. Just gas n go baby!

cwolfe
06-11-2013, 12:59 PM
I believe i was 7 or 8 and my dad bought me a brand new yellow tri-zinger for my birthday. i drove the tires bald on it in 2 years there was a field that the railroad company owned near my neighborhood that i went riding in, and also the neighborhood roads i guess thats the reason for the bald tires. traded in for a moto-4 80 when i was 10. and wished i had it back ever since.

250rRoostmaster
06-11-2013, 02:12 PM
i was 6, Dad bought me a 1983ish suzuki alt125. I rode the holy piss outta that thing as a kid and it still ran after years of sitting out in the shed, flat tires, 10 year old gas and plug, untouched but still fired right up!! Old bikes rule

hublake
06-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Being from a different generation my story is a bit different. As a kid I never had any kind of motorized toy. I had a Schwinn bicycle as a kid and rode that everywhere. I didn't get my big red until 1985 when I was 45 years old. It was bought to use on our fishing trips to the the bush up around Chapleau, Ontario. Hauled my boat everywhere there was a trail. I still have it today. I am now 69 years old.

1986atc350x
06-11-2013, 05:23 PM
when I turned 7 seven my dad bought me an 85 klt160 atc shaft
drive it was awesome,except for not having brakes.but had tons
of fun on it,ran my leg over many times.

RIDE-RED 250r
06-11-2013, 06:02 PM
My first experience riding an ATV of any kind on my own, it was about 1986 and I was about 8 years old. The machine was an '86 Honda TRX200sx. I felt like a king operating any sort of machine without an adult being on it with me! Back in those days, my family was just getting into ATV's in general, and as much as I hate to admit it, they were quite anti-3 wheeler due to the witch hunt being in full swing at that time. Over the next several years, as my brothers and I began to acquire a trike or 2 here and there because they were dirt cheap, we began to realize the fallacy of the anti-3 wheeler crusade. And over time, we got most of the rest of the family to not curse them...

If this counts, probably the first ever motorized recreational vehicle I ever operated solo bar none was a 1973 Arctic Cat Lynx with a 292 Kawi mill... I think I was probably about 6 or 7. MAN that thing was FAST to me! :)

Jason: in that pic you posted it looks like you are saying "BRAAAAAPPPP!" By any chance was that your first word?? ;)

ScreaminRed
06-11-2013, 07:21 PM
My very first motorized bike was a "thing" called El Tigre or at least that's what we called it, 'cause the seat cover said so. It was my older brothers' when he was little and he's 13 years older than me, what a hand-me down. But, i was grateful
because i was the only one who had any kind of bike amongst my friends. The mini-bike was the type with a pull start motor &
centrifical clutch and a metal brake pad that mashed the rear tire to slow down. Just give 'er the gas and go!
It was fun, and i was hooked from then on. :)

sp8twn
06-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Yamaha Tri-Moto 175(Brand New) don't remember how old I was but I could barely touch the shifter and brake pedal without stretching! Had it on the farm for many years and many people beat it in to the ground. It was one tough 2stroke Yammy

fastatc70
06-11-2013, 09:25 PM
My first bike I rode was a Suzuki jr50. The first bike I owned was a Suzuki rm60.

The first trike I rode was a 84 atc200x. First trike I owned was a 86 atc250r

The first quad I rode was a 87 LT 500. I purchased it that day. Out of all the machines I have owned the only few I regret selling are the LT 500 and a like new 350x, so new I wouldn't ride it for fear of scratching it.

JasonB
06-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Lol I was shouting something in that picture Lord knows what though! If you met me n person you'd know I can be loud and obnoxious at times hahaha nothing's changed

My first experience riding an ATV of any kind on my own, it was about 1986 and I was about 8 years old. The machine was an '86 Honda TRX200sx. I felt like a king operating any sort of machine without an adult being on it with me! Back in those days, my family was just getting into ATV's in general, and as much as I hate to admit it, they were quite anti-3 wheeler due to the witch hunt being in full swing at that time. Over the next several years, as my brothers and I began to acquire a trike or 2 here and there because they were dirt cheap, we began to realize the fallacy of the anti-3 wheeler crusade. And over time, we got most of the rest of the family to not curse them...

If this counts, probably the first ever motorized recreational vehicle I ever operated solo bar none was a 1973 Arctic Cat Lynx with a 292 Kawi mill... I think I was probably about 6 or 7. MAN that thing was FAST to me! :)

Jason: in that pic you posted it looks like you are saying "BRAAAAAPPPP!" By any chance was that your first word?? ;)

Jwmajic
06-12-2013, 02:42 AM
1976 Honda MR175.

jermtoad
06-12-2013, 07:26 AM
first bike i ever rode was fat cat dont know who made it was like a minibike with three wheeler tires i rode it right onto the barn door . lol

SiiCHo
06-12-2013, 11:57 AM
First bike i ever owned was a brand new suzuki jr50 my dad bought me for my 6th or 7th birthday. I rode that thing until i was too big for it. Had some nasty spills on that bike, but hey, it comes with the territory. After i outgrew that, i started riding my dads '81 185s. He eventually bought a utility quad, so the 185 became mine. I rode that thing until it blew up, i think i was a junior in highschool. I came home from a day of riding, and it wasnt idling right, and bogged at low rpms, i parked it for the night, and when i went to start it the next day, the engine was seized. I traded it straight up for a fl250 odyssey with a blown piston ring, rebuilt it and rode that until i moved away from home. Worst wreck i had ever been in was in that. I flipped it four times end over end at full speed, which is like 40 mph or so. The initial impact was so hard, my helmet came off my head because it landed upside down, then continued to roll. I would not be here today if not for the roll cage and 4 point harness. I have pictures of before and after i that show people, and they always tell me how lucky i got. My right rotator cuff is still messed up to this day because of that crash. That was the last thing i owned before my current 250r. So there was about an 8 year gap where my toys were cars and offroad trucks.

Eta: i mentioned not being here if it werent for the roll cage on my odyssey, but really i should thank my dad. He was looking it over after i bought it and noticed that only like 2 bolts were actually holding the cage to the frame. I just blew him off, so he pulled the carb off of it, and locked it in his tool box until i put all new bolts in the cage. Had he not put his foot down on that, i may not be telling this story today.

rossgamble1987
06-12-2013, 03:05 PM
On my uncles Honda ATC 110

I never remember this thing with brakes first run on it was around 5 on behind him or older brother

After a few years of waiting got to use it most weekends chipped my two front teeth on this had many a cope and my brother lost his middle toe in it after crashing into a Gate post

Then it seized (wasn't much of a mechanic back then)

A few more years later I saved enough money to buy one of my own went at on a weeks holiday with the family to sunny portrush which is still in northern Ireland by the way I came back to a seized 110 never to find out what our who done it and now I'm after a 3rd gen 250r

Ross

ps2fixer
06-13-2013, 04:01 AM
My first I would say was an "over sized go-cart". Ok... it was an old beater car out in the woods! My dad hulled scrap for a living for around 3-5 years (no work around the area) so he got a lot of cars for cheap mainly to scrap or fix and resale. Anyway, he dedicates the "junk but running" ones to be beat out in the woods till they die before he hulled them in for scrap, normally it only took a few trips with him driving and the shape the cars were in :). Anyway, I drove one of them at around 8 years old. I remember having to wear sun glasses because it sprayed out a little oil, and it was some old V8 car my dad chopped the top off, no glass. Come to think of it, pretty sure it was some sort of 4 door Oldsmobile with a 350 v8 since he was trying to "take a easy" on it to keep the engine good lol. Everything was on private property, so it was legal, but safty was a bit on the low side, I did have them sun glasses for saftey glasses :D.

And people wonder why I'm pretty crazy, and my dad is 5x more crazy lol. Funny thing is... we never stopped riding out in the woods, I have a $300 Jeep I bought a week ago that is going to the testing grounds. It has 280k miles, 4x4 works well, but the old v8 is tired, and smoking. Body is pretty shot, all 4 tires don't match, rear window busted out, front end is extremely sloppy, etc.

------------------------------

For the first real go-cark/atv I drove, I would say it was a go-cart at my dad's side family reunion back when I was probably around 6-7ish. It was one of them 5hp 1 wheel peal style, after the ride, I tried to get out, put my left foot down, and my right knee bumped the throttle wide open and did a nice little burnout on my ankle. Needless to say, I prefered the car driving :D.

ralph21
06-13-2013, 01:52 PM
my first was an atc110 1980,i was 9 yrs, then came a 1984 200x.sold in 1986.also raced my sponsors nicolson frame 500 atc in flat track in south florida.it is nice flashing back to the 80 s

M.Pargiello
06-13-2013, 05:15 PM
first bike i ever rode was fat cat dont know who made it was like a minibike with three wheeler tires i rode it right onto the barn door . lol

If it was a fat cat, they were also Honda :) but much larger than a mini bike, its taller than my 200X and 250R. I love mine

markmelvin
09-01-2013, 11:29 PM
My first ride was on christmas day 1985 on my brand new honda atc 70 that santa brought me. I will never forget it.

kebby28
09-02-2013, 12:42 AM
First motorized buggy- 73 arctic cat panther 340...
First trike- 84 200s I was 13 in 1993

hatc200x1
09-02-2013, 01:20 AM
First trike was a 90 or 110. First quad was an old Polaris. first dirtbike was a Honda 80.

GunsShooting
09-02-2013, 01:25 AM
You spoiled kids who got new ones make me sick. A least a little bit. A neighbor kid got a new Honda ATC in the early 80s and he hogged it for sure, never let anyone else ride it.

I think the first machine I rode was a 1980 ATC 185. A buddy owned it and we camped at his place during hunting season. Being a generous soul, he let me ride it. This started when I was 14 or 15. I was hooked! I rode that thing all over the woods, took it many places it shouldn't have gone, but it went anyhow.

After a few years he decided to get rid of it, so soon after I graduated from high school in 1987 I drove the 2.5 hours to his place and bought it for $300. I owned it until early 2007 when I sold it for more than I'd originally paid. It was pure hard tail with no suspension anywhere, and by then my body didn't enjoy that kind of ride very much.

Russ

fireshark25
09-02-2013, 11:09 AM
I'm not sure of the year of the machine, but it was a Honda ATC 110. I think it was a 82 or 83.

ColtonGG33
09-02-2013, 10:05 PM
First thing I ever rode was my brothers 87 fourtrax 250, I think I was about 10 maybe? But the first thing I ever owned was a 79 Honda twinstar cm185t which I Still own I got it when I was 13

CodyRosa
09-02-2013, 10:22 PM
First fourwheeler was a little offbrand called a Brute 90, ended up selling that and I didn't have any motorized toys for 5 years about. I ended up getting my grandpas 3 wheelers that just sat behind his shed for years. Sold those to buy my 200x I have now. Just a week ago I got my first bike, 99 yz 125.. scary at first haha

brd812
09-02-2013, 10:48 PM
First machine I rode was a Honda trail 80, first bike I owned Suzuki DS 100 and first atv I rode was a Honda 110, which lead to the purchase of the mighty ALT 185.

200bigredrebel
09-03-2013, 12:26 AM
1985 big red 250. =)

oldnndway
09-03-2013, 12:27 AM
Probably first motorized bike I rode was a typical 5hp mini-bike
First "real" motorcycle was a Honda Trail 90 a friends dad had.
First three wheeler I rode was either a 70 or 90 Honda from early 70's (first one I ever saw) ... had big ol balloon tires on it

Bren_downe
09-03-2013, 12:34 AM
My 84 200s, worked my ass off all summer to buy it.

cracker211
10-28-2013, 11:06 PM
In 1988 my dad bought a brand new 1987 honda fatcat for me for christmas and spring in 1989 I rode it and i was 2 months shy of 7 years old rode it with my feet on the cases because it was way to big for me. I still own that bike and think I will own it tell the end of my days.

Dave_D
10-28-2013, 11:23 PM
First bike was a 72 ct70
First quad was a banshee
Yet to ride a trike lol

auto5man
10-29-2013, 12:25 AM
First bike: 5hp Briggs mini bike back in the 80's, ran my paper route on that thing. Rode my uncles honda trail mini bike a lot every time we visited him in AR....awesome little bikes. I was about 12 or 13, I remember feeling like that thing would go anywhere in the pastures and woods I road. Later in life my first quad was a '98 Grizzly...man that thing would fly. Now I've bought the first ATC's I've ever owned and I'm 49 lol. Got a couple Honda 125's for my kids and we are having a blast with them.

RDH/86200X
10-29-2013, 03:25 AM
First bike was a late 70s Honda xr75 still have it.
First trike was a 86 200x also still own
Will never get ride of either of these. Never owned a quad.

BleedRed
10-29-2013, 08:52 PM
I was 3 1/2 and my dad bought me and my brother z50's, they were both early to mid 70's. Mine was yellow and my brothers was red with a straight pipe, I hated his. My dad mowed an obstacle course in the field in front of the house before we started on the track. He would run next to us in hopes to save us from crashing, my first injury was a broken thumb(big oak tree in between the journey of the house to the field lol).

Schmoore Racing
10-30-2013, 01:02 PM
my family has always had trikes. we had a 200es until it was stolen out of our barn. so my mom got a brand new 85 big red. that was the first trike I've ever ridden. my uncle was almost killed on a Yamaha 225 back in the day so my parents were always concerned when I rode the trike. as soon as he was healed up he bought a brand new 86 250sx. he sold it to my babysitter who rode the crap out of it. my uncle eventually bought it back after 10 years. we never had an atv until 08 when we bought a Rubicon. last year I bought and 85 250r which is the first trike I've ever owned. My parents freaked out saying id end up like my uncle did. But I didn't care and thats what sparked the flame with the atc shenanigans. I now have 2 200x's 250r and both the big red and the 250sx mentioned above. oh, and I now work with my old babysitter and go riding all the time, he owns an 86 250r an 86 big red and an odyssey. trikes are addictive, either you love them or hate them.

Liquid-Darkness
10-30-2013, 01:14 PM
My first bike I ever owned was an 84 200X. I was about 25 or so. Best time I ever had was rebuilding the carb on it and getting it to idle lol. Put a new clutch in it and rode it for about a year. Then upgraded bikes. Lately I have been switching from a 350x to a 250R. I love those two the best.

MasterYota
10-30-2013, 03:24 PM
First quad, mid 90's TRX200
First trike, big red 250(flipped over on myself)
First bike, vulcan 750
None of these I owned.
Owned polaris xplorer 300
Vulcan 1500 classic, sv1000
Dismantled ATC 200s

joesouth
10-30-2013, 05:49 PM
I was about 8 or 9 ,and this kid had a mini bike with a briggs engine in it. He says can you ride it? I said yea, then I rode it into the curb across the street and fell over. I ride better now?!!

Tri85
10-30-2013, 07:02 PM
1983 yamaha 225dx. I was 13 years old and my parents had just moved us from Long Island to upstate ny. They bought me that trike and I actually started to like living in the middle of nowhere!!!lol. I rode it every free minute to anywhere it would take me. Sold it after my cousin wrecked it and busted himself up pretty good. Bought a warrior new in 88 and never felt
Right on it. A friend had an 86 Tri z for sale and away went the quad!!! Right at home leaning......

slashfan7964
10-31-2013, 12:54 AM
I had some Kawasaki Ninja power wheels and some other thing, but my first real trike was my dads '85 200X which we still have.

DohcBikes
01-22-2014, 08:26 PM
My first bike was a Kawasaki gpz550 that my uncle had built for my dad to race. He had returned it to street status before he let me have it, still with the race engine in it. I blew it up within 6 months.

I bought my first ATC late September 2013, 83 200x in the avatar pic. Now I have 5 trikes, one per month so far:crazy:

Rider414
01-22-2014, 08:35 PM
Yellow Yamaha 225DX. Never ridden a three wheeler, had alot of experience with quads and dirtbikes. Well, it bite me hard. Right into a fence and left a few scars. This was 15 years ago. Just got a Yellow Tri Z. :O

Trikester8485
01-22-2014, 08:50 PM
84 Honda big red 200

emmie357
01-22-2014, 09:56 PM
My best friend had an ATC125, we rode that thing everywhere. I begged my parents for a 3/4 wheeler for years... never got one.
Now I'm all grown up and have a whole garage full :naughty:

Every time I see a 125 for sale and think, should I... I think it's only a matter of time.

webbch
01-22-2014, 10:21 PM
@ 10 years old, rode my first trike (Honda ATC's...guessing 110-200) at some relatives' house on family vacation:
@ 16 years old: purchased a 1976 Honda MR 175 Elsinore and 1982 XR250 (I really miss the 175, it was a great bike)
@ 18 years old: Traded both bikes for an '84 (I think) KX420 and a few bucks. Biggest mistake EVER. Guy wrote a check for a couple hundred bucks that bounced, and I never liked the KX420. Last time I listened to my dad's advice on vehicle sales LOL. I heard later the 175 fell off the guys trailer on his way home.
@19 years old: Sold the KX420 (happy day) and bought a '92 XR250. Loved this bike. Sold it a few years later as I needed money for college.
@34 years old: Picked up an '84 ATC 110, '84 200s, and '83 185s for my kids (OK, maybe the 200s was really for me). None of them ran initially. I spent the last couple months getting them running.

c_hustle
01-22-2014, 11:35 PM
My first ride was on the back of my cousins yz80. I was 8 years old and didn't have a helmet on and rode in some crazy stuff. This was in the 70s :)

ATC90JAY
01-23-2014, 12:46 AM
My Brother Bought a brand new 1978 ATC 90.. He taught me to ride it I was 5 years old.... At 6 I was racing and popin wheelies!!!!! ATC's rock!!!!!! They are so much fun!!!!!!

vincer
01-23-2014, 06:27 AM
85 atc70 my dad bought new for his kids he didn't have until 88. Haha still have that same atc70 and love it!

joe schmo
01-23-2014, 08:25 PM
When I turned 8 my dad got me a polaris trailblazer..A few year after my neighbor had a 250es for sale,I begged my mom for week's..When I wasn't riding the BigRed I always on it messing around with the light's:lol:....Still have the trailblazer,Still ride the BigRed!:cool:

84trimoto125
01-26-2014, 03:25 AM
when i was about 9 i got my first atc 110 and my brother got a go cart that i rode. then i got an atc 200 at 11 or 12. then at 15 i got a 1989 yamaha blaster then i just got a 1985 atc 200x. i rode my first dirtbike at 15 it was my friends little brothers crf 80 i think

Dual z guy
01-26-2014, 08:29 AM
My first bike was a Honda CT70 which I had for a couple years until being able to purchase a new 82 atc 185s, I think I must have put a million miles on that thing. Was a lot of fun!

bigmac
01-29-2014, 03:59 PM
First fourwheeler I drove was a yamaha?? 80 2 stroke then dad bought a 350 rancher and did some engine work for a man and got a 300 fourtrx then for my 10th? Bday I was suprised with a 125 two seater gocart didnt have breaks that he had bought from one of his friends. Few months later put my little brother in children's hospital.. About 4 years ago? Sold the 300 and every day I regretted helping him selling it because it was everything I needed for mudding and alot of my friends mudded fourwheelers... About a year ago i was 16 and I wanted something that I had paid for myself and could do what I pleased with it.. Found a clean 84 big red for $800 and went picked it up that night my dad broke his leg on it... My friend had 82 110 that he sold me for 80$ real clean bike didnt run he had ran the oil out of it so we take a look at the valves tinkered with them now all it does just smoke but it runs and does good both of the 3 wheelers are for sale now hoping to get a 350x so ill give my lil bros 420 rancher something to think about lol

cschneider1988
01-30-2014, 11:42 PM
A 5 hp briggs and straton go cart with flat pieces of steel that pushed on the rear tires for brakes, then an old 2 stroke suzuki 50 dirt bike. At the time my dad rode my current 85 200x around when we would go on rides. I then got an 89 suzuki 250 quadsport and it still runs to this day. Now i currently ride and am beggining my restore on my 85 200x...which runs like a charm. She's no looker though surviving my buddies and i through high school in small town northern Ca.

IronBear
01-31-2014, 12:45 PM
My first dirt bike was a 1984 Suzuki DR125 (when I was 8). My first 3 wheeler was a 1986 Honda 200X (14 years old) and a 1997 Yamaha Warrior 350 (16 years old)

Tri z250
01-31-2014, 01:44 PM
The first bike I rode was a 1983 yz80 when I was twelve man did that thing ever scare the crap outta me braaap I still have the bike the second was a xr 80 don't remember what year and then third was some old suzuki 2x4 quad

jakestrawn
02-19-2014, 01:43 AM
Yamaha tri-moto 200 blue

sledcrazyinCT
02-19-2014, 08:14 AM
I mowed neighbor lawns and saved up $400 to buy a honda 110 in 1982 off one of my dad's friends from work who had older children then me, I was 11 at the time. Ran that sucker for a couple years then sold it to buy an 1984 200X. Used that every day after school until I sold it off to buy a fox body mustang when I was 15. Owned three different mustangs before I actually got my drivers license. Then close to a decade went by without any trikes until I bought a 350X - something I always dreamed about owning in high school.

My screen name means I am nuts over vintage snowmobiles(60 plus currently). That 350X was the only three wheeler in my stable for years until I found a 82 fooler on craigslist then I stumbled on 3WW looking for parts to spruce that up.....I have gotten bitten by the bug since finding this website one ATC70, two 110s, two US 90s, 85 350X, 86 200X, 85 250SX, 85 Tri-Z, 84 300R, 82 250R.

HondaXRider
02-19-2014, 03:42 PM
It was a white 2 seater go cart that me and my sister finely wore out by cutting to many bonut's. Then we had a Honda 125 four wheeler that smoked like a BOMB! Then it was the machine that started my love of atc's an 82 Honda 110 that I put a million miles on. It is finely starting to smoke but it will still start with 1 pull of the rope. I will never sale this machine it is like it is a part of me. I love it.

Googlieeyes2990
02-19-2014, 07:20 PM
First bike I ever rode was a 1978 suzuki ds100 and I was 12. My parents never let me ride anything before that because they knew I would be to crazy on it and kill myself! I still remember actually hitting the power band for the first time. The best feeling ever! Then the first bike I got was a 1985 200x trike! And I still have it!

YTZ drew
02-20-2014, 11:52 AM
The first thing I ever rode was a friend's Puch moped at age 13. The first bike I ever owned was a 1980 yamaha IT175, age 14, almost killed me. That same year I drove my first trike, my friend's 85 Big Red. His father bought a pair of them around 1988 for him and his son, who was about 10 at the time. YIKES! That kid learned pretty quick, though, and never hurt himself too bad...

86125m
02-22-2014, 09:22 PM
The first bike I ever owned was an 83 atc 70 I was 7 or 8 gave that one to my little brother and inherited my cousins 86 125m which I love to death.

AlbertB
02-22-2014, 10:20 PM
The first machine i ever rode/called mine was a go kart that my dad got me when i was probably 11. It was a single seater that had a 8 hp Briggs and Stratton with the governor removed, torque converter and disk brakes, went like heck but also had a really high center of gravity, was narrow, had no roll bars and no seat belt.. Even if you were a full grown man you pretty much had to grab on to the steering wheel for dear life and hope it didn't toss you off like it did me a few times lol

The first ATV i rode was an old 1980 something Yamaha wolverine maybe a year later and the first trike i ever rode is the atc 90 i just recently aquired:)

dirtydeeds
02-23-2014, 09:37 AM
My first bike was a pw50 when I was 4. As far as a trike, first time I rode one was my neighbors 82 250R. It was a blast.
My best friend bought it a couple years later. I think he still owns it. That would be about 20years of ownership on his part.
My first trike was a 350X. I saw it sitting on the lawn of a near by farm with a 4 Sale sign on it. 1200 later I had it packed into the back if a 94 Jeep Wrangler. (Had to take rear tires off and leave rear door open a bit.). I owned it for a couple years before I got around to actually riding it. I just occasionally wrenched on it; replacing a part here and there.
Since then I picked up a 185S for $20 from a coworker and then three near mint Honda 200 trikes from the same guy for $1000. I've sold a couple. Still have a 200E, 200ES and the 350X.

sleeplessknight
09-14-2014, 11:52 PM
Ok, I know this is an older post but hey, I gotta get my ten count right. The first motorized buggy I ever drove, I'm not sure how to classify it. It was called a Trackster and it was made by Cushman motors. It had a Johnson snowmobile engine in it. The first trike I rode was a Honda 200s. Im not sure even what year it was. My Dad and I rebuilt the front end and carb in it. Soon after he bought a brand new 87 Big Red. After I got married I sold mine. A few weeks ago I dug his old Big Red out of his barn where it has sat for 15 nyears and am now working on getting it running again.

Elf
09-15-2014, 12:06 AM
I first rode a Big Red 250, when I was around the age of 6-7 with my older brother, was my grandpas.
Always wanted one since, and now have a 1982 185s.

Karhu
09-15-2014, 05:14 AM
I started of with a Yamaha Grizzly 660 when I was 16 years old. Drove few years with it and then sold it for a Yamaha Grizzly 700 that i currently stil own :D As in for the trikes it was a Honda 250r, never owned one of those, but probably will when i find one thats up for sale :D

Piet

jakep53
09-15-2014, 08:33 AM
first bike: honda z50
first quad: honda fourtrax 250
first trike: honda atc 70
honda all the way!!

belly
09-15-2014, 01:58 PM
My first trike I rode was in 1993. 1985 honda 110.

Legns
09-15-2014, 05:10 PM
my first was a Bombardier not sure what year but I was about 8 or 9. My first trike was a 250es I was 12 and it was at my friends farm We rode the heck out of that thing in the fields out behind his farm. Those were good times

oldcodger
09-15-2014, 08:11 PM
Not sure when anymore, but I think it's been a good life!

matgod
09-15-2014, 10:03 PM
LT 50
LT 160
LT 250
Yamaha Banshee 2011
Tri-z 1985

terminal velcty
09-16-2014, 09:41 AM
First bike was some plastic electric motorised thing then moved on to..

First quad: Suzuki LT50 (at age 3)
First bike: Honda Z50J (at age 4)
First Trike: Honda ATC250R (at age 18)

Over the years have had more bikes/quads/trikes than I can hardly remember. I'm always looking for another toy to play with.

Ride safe all :-)

hondatc88
09-17-2014, 09:29 PM
The first bike i ever rode was my fathers 1985 200x when i was 8 or so i started to learn how to ride. I am in the process of a full restore on that same trike now ! I wish i could make it feel as scary fast as it did when i was 8 :lol:

MissPipeline
09-17-2014, 11:14 PM
On the farm I cut my teeth on a Ford 9N raking hay. Graduated to our 83 Honda 200s we used to chase cows up to the barn. My Dad gave me that machine a few years ago, glad to keep it with the family.

350for350
09-21-2014, 01:25 AM
Mine was a friend's dirt bike. It was a Yamaha 125cc enduro two stroke from the early 1970's. I can't remember any more about it. I rode it across the alley from his garage, into the neighbor's yard where I killed it. I pushed it back because I was "done" riding. A few years later, I rode his grandpa's 1984 or 85 yfm200. I was hooked after that.

Crazyktmmatt
09-21-2014, 03:02 AM
First atc was a '81 70 that I rode the snot outta. My sister and I got it as a christmas presant. I was 8 at the time. I ended taking it over ...
I later got sold because I was riding it where I wasnt supposed to- 20 miles from home lol
My dad had yt125 at one point, but I dont remember it really well.
Later I bought a sl100 honda - it was SLOW ! Sold it to buy other non runners, 79 Rm125, 78/79 YZ 400's and a 77? XL250.
Rode a Rokon Trailbreaker for awhile as a teenager. Still Have it, needs work.
Graduated to the KTM 500. Now that was a bike. To much power at any time to say the least and still needed more.....
Bought a honda 70 for christmas for my kid, then the 3 wheel craze started back up again.
Got a 200es a few months ago. It needs to become a 200x I think.
Traded for a 70 engine and alum wheels, turned out to be a whole bike and a bunch of parts.
Next day I bought another 70....

czac
09-22-2014, 09:25 AM
Honda Z-50 was my first mini bike ever... my brother and I got it for Christmas in like 76 or 77... We got it from Nash Brothers Honda in West Haven, CT. brand new off the show room floor! I loved that little bike.

Truck Norris
09-22-2014, 07:48 PM
The first motorized thing i rode was an arctic cat kitty kat snowmobile. I was very little so i dont remember alot about it but my parents told me i would ride down the trail then come running back. I did that a few times until my dad showed me how to turn around haha. My first dirt toy was a yamaha pw80 rode the hell out of that thing. Ive been hooked on riding anything with a engine since

undertaker
09-23-2014, 02:34 PM
Pedal Big Wheel is the first thing I can remember riding, then a trail 70 mini my uncle let me ride when my parents weren't home. Thats when I got the fever. My parents forbid motor machines though it was nothing to get a 1000lb horse for Christmas. Go figure...

JesseA420
09-23-2014, 02:37 PM
friends honda trail 50, next day told my mom i wanted one, she said we will keep an eye out in the paper and see what we find, 2 days later kawi kv75 shows up in the classifieds, i had the fastest bike in the neighborhood for the next couple years after that :D

pimfram
09-25-2014, 02:55 AM
First motorized toy I played around with a some friends' 50cc dirt bikes. I never rode any 4-wheelers prior to dusting off my decesed grandfather's 3-wheeler. I recently used a 4-wheeler for the first time, nothing much, just helping a friend pull out some fence posts. Sure seemed a lot more sturdy than my ATC, haha.

Oh second thought, I did ride a homemade go cart when I was like 8 or 10. That was fun.

perryc
09-25-2014, 08:49 PM
First dirtbike my brothers 78 Suzuki rm 100. First 3 wheeler was an 84 Honda 125m. Smoked so bad I thought it was a 2 stroke.

BowToYourSensei
10-21-2014, 03:59 PM
My first was a yamaha badger. It was 80cc with 3 gears and an automatic clutch. Not sure what year it was but I was 8 years old.

Trike_crazy
11-02-2014, 09:58 AM
The first bike I can remember riding by myself was a honda mini trail that my dad bought for my step sister and me to ride. Unfortunately she wheelied it into the house a few times because she couldn't control the throttle and it got sold for a go kart. I had so much fun on that thing. I'll never be able to get one for a decent price but im always looking lol

Jackyl71
11-02-2014, 11:44 AM
The first "bike" I ever rode was a RUPP minibike. I think I was 9 or 10 (so around 1980). My dad had won a pair of them in a poker game, one in good condition, the other for parts. We rode that bike for several years. It was actually road-legal (headlight, brake lights, and if I recall right, turn signals), so my dad would even ride it to work occasionally. It was on this bike that I started learning small engine repair and engine principles. And was the first engine I ever rebuilt at age 12.

My first trike was a new-to-me ATC110 I bought from a friend around '85... It was modified for some extra speed and power: stroker kit, bored over, upsized carb. The over-boring was it's eventual downfall, as the cylinder head cracked where it slips into the engine block, causing the rings to catch and locking the engine. Another opportunity for a REBUILD, and learning another type of engine! This trike served me for maybe another year or so, until the aluminum clutch housing exploded (must have gotten some micro-cracks at some point) sending shards through the side of the case. And at that time, it wasn't worth rebuilding, so I sold it off for parts.

I've been sans-ATV ever since, until this past summer when I picked up another new-to-me '85 ATC110. Now I'm ready to share those same experiences with my kids!

Eric

Racer-X
11-02-2014, 06:52 PM
I started on a little yellow Yamaha YZinger 50cc dirtbike. ( before they started calling them pw50) I got it for my 5th birthday and have been riding ever since. I started my oldest daughter out on a Suzuki jr50 . I Got it and then I girl'ed it up a little bit with pink decals and stuff.203925

KevinJ97
11-03-2014, 01:53 AM
My first ride alone on an engine was when i was 9 a 5hp moped unknown make ofcoarse lol than 2 years later a chinese motobravo 150cc auto, was my cousins, teared up the lot beside my grandparents house. Age 15 rode my first atc! 86 honda 250sx. Age 17 bought my own atc and got one free 200x couple. Tear up the dessert any chance now. Of coarse on open state land. not private land. Accidently trespassed one day. It was very embarassing.

Standinstrong
11-03-2014, 07:33 AM
First motor bike I ever rode was a Honda 50 don't remember it that well
But my first bike was a 79 Yamaha gt 80
It was a basket case my dad spent 8 hrs fixing to every
Hour I rode it !! But still lots of fun

Pickup_man
11-05-2014, 12:49 PM
There were several go-carts growing up, not sure of any make though.
Can't quite remember my first 4 wheeler, I think it was a family friends Honda rancher 350.
The first dirtbike I rode was my cousin's YZ85
My first street bike was my personal 1982 Yamaha XJ750 Maxim
and my first 3-wheeler was my friends Honda 185s. That thing was a blast, he got it free from a co-worker of ours at the local hardware store, with a stuck motor. He filled it with ATF and tugged on it every once in a while until it freed up, he rebuilt the carburetor at my place one night in a lawn chair out in my pasture by the light of a bonfire. Once the motor was free he put the carb back on and the thing started right up. We ran the living crap out of that thing until the compression finally went too low to start about a year and a half later, that was my first experience that got me hooked on three wheelers, I've ridden a few since, (Kawi 110, and a 350x) and finally bought my own, a 83 ATC 200x-autox with 185s motor. It's a blast!!

hostilerob
11-05-2014, 01:04 PM
First ATV I rode was a Honda 110.

GemCityPilot
11-08-2014, 07:52 PM
When I was about 7 I got my first gas operated toy, a late 70's (guestament lol) Imperial mini bike with a 4 hp Tecumseh engine. There was an old lady who lived next door and passed away which led her family to put that old blue mini bike out by the trash while they were cleaning out the house. I knew of mini bikes from a book in my elementary school library that was a picture book of mini bike racing in the 70's. The pages were yellowed and the binding had been taped many times but that never stopped me from checking it out every week in 3rd grade. While I was mowing the grass in my front yard I noticed the old mini bike (like the ones in the book) out by the trash. I then proceeded to beg my parents to let me ask the family if I could have the bike. They said it was fine with them and I walked the thing home. I learned through trial and error how to rebuild my first carb on that bike. I must have cleaned that carb 12 times come to think of it. Eventually my dad noticed that my skill level had surpassed that bikes limits and he bought me a brand new xr80. I rode that for maybe a year before I started trying to jump higher/farther/faster. My dad then traded in the xr80 for a new yamaha yz85! I loved that bike, I could finally fly through the air without the shocks of my bike bottoming out. I raced that bike for two years then moved up to a used yz125. From there I've had all sorts of go karts, mini bikes, riding lawn mowers, motorcycles, and now I'm about to purchase my first atc, a 200s (I'm stoked!). I only live about an hour from Haspin Acres and can't wait to go forge through the mud next weekend. But all my experience wrenching and riding all started with that Imperial Mini Bike!

Atc70noob
11-10-2014, 09:27 PM
My dad taught me how to ride a atc for the first time, my first time riding any motorcycle or atv on a 86 ATC 250 ES Big Red. I believe I was around the age of 8-9 if I recall correctly. We still have this machine and it has been ridden hard.

trikeguy2014
11-10-2014, 09:35 PM
Eton 90 atv was my first ride...

Jmoozy27
11-10-2014, 10:28 PM
Had a homemade go cart with a 3.5hp Briggs and a hand brake. Next was ole trusty atc110 don't remember the year but it was indestructible. Water, mud, sand, age... Nothing could kill it. Dad sold it and bought trx200 that sucked hole.

Codymans
11-18-2014, 06:13 PM
my dad came home with a brand new 1985 350x for himself and a1985 Honda 70 for me when I was 6 years old

Tpg69
11-20-2014, 08:15 PM
1978 Honda atc 70

BigMeaty515
11-20-2014, 08:29 PM
1998 Yamaha TTR90 I was about 8 and i rode the wheels off of that thing, it would go anywhere haha.

ATC_TOM
11-20-2014, 08:56 PM
The first atv I ever rode was 2000 Honda 300 fourtrax I was probably around 9 or 10

e5earley
11-22-2014, 12:00 AM
My first was a 200m. I was 13 and it was Christmas. We got about 6 inches of snow for Christmas that year, which was odd for northeast Texas.

doord521
11-22-2014, 02:09 AM
Suzuki ALT50 Got it for my 4th birthday!!! Restored an ALT50 for my daughter and gave it to her on her 3rd birthday.. It was kinda cool...

Simple Man
11-22-2014, 02:50 AM
My first ride was my dad's Yamaha 175 enduro, early 70's vintage. Rode that for several years whenever he would let me. Then I got a brand new ATC 110 and was hooked on 3-wheelers. Rode the **** out of that thing until I saw the 1983 250R. Got one of those and foolishly sold it after I bought my 85.

*ATC*
11-23-2014, 11:07 PM
First ride I remember 1979 DS80 rode the heck out of that thing, then my 84 ATC 110, and it progressed to 85 200X, and 85 250R, but I was broke back then and had to sell every thing to survive. So now I'm trying to put some fun trikes back in the stabile. I now have an ATC 110 79, and 85, and a 85 250r looking forward to riding the R again..

atcryder250
12-10-2014, 12:50 AM
First bike was an KDX 80 I have fond memory's of riding it behind my dads XR 600 getting pelted by rocks the whole time. First three wheeler was 200s I scored for $100 in highschool

stubbie1111
12-10-2014, 02:02 AM
1979 Honda Mini Trail 50

myridge
12-10-2014, 12:03 PM
1979 yamaha GT80 yellow and black. I loved that thing, I got it for my birthday around 1985 and rode the heck out of it. Ended up graduating to a 79 YZ80

First trike ride was a few years later on my cousins a 1970s Honda 70 or 90 I loved it but my mom would never allow a 3 wheeler "there dangerous"

onformula1
12-11-2014, 01:01 AM
Rode/owned- (If you could own a bike when you are 3-4 years old, LOL)
1977 Suzuki Jr50
1977 Honda ATC70
1985 Suzuki LT250 Quadracer

Rode "on" or "in"-
1973 Bultaco 250 Pursang
1976 Honda ATC90
1977 Honda FL250 Odyssey (Does that count?)

hogmuffin
12-11-2014, 01:04 AM
1985 yamaha tri-zinger. Christmas day, 1985.

its_serg
12-12-2014, 03:57 PM
2 years ago bought a 99 yamaha yz 250 first time riding and buying anything that powerful, then went to a 2001 yamaha raptor 600 loved it. traded it thinking i could ride a bike a bike again so went and got a another 250 ya not the best idea. now its a 85 200x and its awesome. buddies and i picked up a couple and been racing each other since.

muddyYT125
12-12-2014, 05:55 PM
The first thing I remember riding was a 1969 Honda mini trail when I was 13 and I'm 29 now.. It was my friends and he ended up selling it to me for $225 so he could buy a go kart. I ended up selling it on ebay a year later for $585 but damn I wish I still had it. Now I have a 1976 Honda Z50 that I will never sell.. First 3wheeler I rode was a YT125 and that's what got me into trikes.

Peabody
11-26-2022, 06:33 PM
I was 14? 15? My first and only three wheeler was a Honda 90.. 1975? 1976?
I'd give anything to have that 90 back
I'm 62 years old now.

71rcode
12-27-2022, 10:50 PM
Was either a 110 or 185s in 1982 or so? Brandon, MS. One kid had a Tri Moto... cool. Red and yellow.

First bike was one of those Honda minibikes...and then a Honda XR75.