PDA

View Full Version : 2 month wait period help

three50x
06-12-2013, 04:56 PM
is it an and or is it whichever one?
like if i post 10 times then can i post elsewhere? or do i have to post 10 times and wait 2 months? help me please

RIDE-RED 250r
06-12-2013, 05:24 PM
The new member probationary period is 10 posts and 2 months membership

three50x
06-12-2013, 05:36 PM
thanks for the help man i appreciate it

fcf35
06-13-2013, 12:25 AM
Yeah guess I misunderstood too.I thought it said 10 posts or 2 months.60 something posts later I was begging to wonder

TVanHess
06-13-2013, 01:36 AM
We just ain't cool enough yet...I guess

250r'en +TCB
06-13-2013, 01:44 AM
Hey guys don't be down. I can safely surmise that the moderators saw fit to enact such legislation because there are con artists and swindlers which scowl the internet! By having such lengthy beginner qualifications we avoid letting said scumbags into our community! Two months is nothing in the long term...

adamavis
06-14-2013, 01:34 PM
I'm on a lot of other forums and I also find this weird... Oh well. When in rome! post 1 :D

dave ytz250s
06-14-2013, 01:45 PM
I guess we just have to post and wait

RIDE-RED 250r
06-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Just so you new folks understand, this was put in place by the site admins to help weed out scammers and whatnot. People would sign up and right off the bat start trying to sell stuff. Nothing wrong with that in general, but they had some problems with people ripping off our members and not sending parts.

It's nothing against new members at all. We welcome you with open arms. Just put your time in and it will all be worth it. :)

TxPowderCoater
06-14-2013, 06:31 PM
I agree, weirdest damn set up ever. Seriously, it basically sent me elsewhere to buy the stuff I needed because of it. I just spent 250 with clarke when I would have preferred to spend it here.
Would be a lot easier to make it where you need "x" amount of time or "x" amount of posts to sell in the classifieds but it really sucks from a noobies point of view to browse this site and see a thread where you have real input and its needed info to help whoever with whatever, but yet, cant post up and contribute for 2 months! thats craziness! really, it made it where it wasnt enjoyable to browse the site, I have zero input to the threads that interested me and I could have positive input to help.....buuuuuuuuut nope, your new, you suck....it sucks

Outlaw #24
06-14-2013, 06:40 PM
How many posts do I have now? And I wanted to know if the COA's are going to be at Trick Fest cause without being able to communicate normally It is difficult to ask directly! I will wait. It is difficult to hook up with people before TF. So Tell me Where to park When We get to Haspins? I guess I could have spread these questions out for more posts? :wondering

Outlaw #24
06-14-2013, 06:44 PM
It won't be easy to share After TF :rolleyes: . I would like a ticket or 2 How much and will they Have some at the event? :confused:

TVanHess
06-14-2013, 06:47 PM
O
I agree, weirdest damn set up ever. Seriously, it basically sent me elsewhere to buy the stuff I needed because of it. I just spent 250 with clarke when I would have preferred to spend it here.
Would be a lot easier to make it where you need "x" amount of time or "x" amount of posts to sell in the classifieds but it really sucks from a noobies point of view to browse this site and see a thread where you have real input and its needed info to help whoever with whatever, but yet, cant post up and contribute for 2 months! thats craziness! really, it made it where it wasnt enjoyable to browse the site, I have zero input to the threads that interested me and I could have positive input to help.....buuuuuuuuut nope, your new, you suck....it sucks

Yep it is weird however I have noticed less obnoxious posts and less stupidity than any other forum I belong to. I bet this is why. Those looking to be dumb get bored and leave. I bet the monitoring needed is also significantly less as well. As for parts purchases, I would love to help people out here but if I can get a better deal somewhere else I then loose all loyalty anyway. I would like to be able to check out things for sale. But I can't yet. I am sure I have enough patience to wait 2 months. Hell I am almost there.

Can some one delete this thread I keep finding myself getting sucked into the never ending whining. Some one just please make it stop!

Outlaw #24
06-14-2013, 07:00 PM
You guys are alright, no big deal ! Heck, I may just post all threads after the 2 months , Right here so the newbies get to see and reply first and it will help future members so they don't get bored and feel like they've been shunned.

UPNATM
06-14-2013, 07:54 PM
I was initially put off by the posting/month rule as well, but honestly it goes fast, post count goes up, and time flys. Don't let it get you down. When I first joined if I needed a question answered right away I used the pm system. I received a ton of help that way. :D

Outlaw #24
06-14-2013, 08:08 PM
No big deal, UPNATM , Rules is Rules . If anybody wants to see my stuff it will be here til the time period is done. I just wanted some particular information about TF 2013. If I get it here then I get it here and if not then I'll deal with things when We get there! FlyingW will tell ya I don't Whine I WINE. Remember the Rattlesnake Jim ? :naughty:

RIDE-RED 250r
06-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Also remember, I swing in to the new member section every time I log in, as most other members do as well. We want you to feel welcome and want to help you guys out with stuff while you are in the probationary period.....

As to TF and the COA's, there is a cut off date where they can no longer be bought online. After that date they will only be available at TF. I'm not sure off the top of my head when that cutoff date was, or if it has passed yet. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will chime in here.....

ColtonGG33
06-14-2013, 09:02 PM
The 2 month period goes fast, trust me. And it's well worth the wait!

yellowoctupus
06-20-2016, 01:29 PM
Howdy,

Can this information be posted somewhere like a Sticky at the top of the New Members section, or as an addendum to the "The Rules, Read them and Weep" post? Probably took me 20 mins of searching to figure out definitively the 'probationary' 2months + 10 posts rule. Either that, or if it was in the 'welcome to the forums' email, that would be very helpful as well. Rules are what rules are, and that's fine; I just don't feel I'm the only one who would benefit from this tidbit of info posted somewhere official.

Thanks!

EDIT> I guess I shouldn't have used the Search feature so hard. EXACTLY what I requested has already been posted as a sticky at the top of this forum.....

dougspcs
06-20-2016, 03:46 PM
Just so you new folks understand, this was put in place by the site admins to help weed out scammers and whatnot.

We've all seen enough of the "WHATNOT"s to know they are the main reason..!!!

But then again..the drama they create sometimes does make for interesting reading.. ;)

CAJUNCANNON03
06-20-2016, 10:03 PM
Wait, wait, and wait some more.