PDA

View Full Version : Need Tri Zinger help PLEASE

JediNinja63
06-12-2013, 10:02 PM
Just picked up an old Tri Zinger for my 7 year old my daughter tonight. It needs a few parts and a "girly paint job" (she wants purple with green flames like grave digger) and we're doing it together as a father/daughter project. Her mother passed away a year ago so she has become my little mini me and wants to do everything Daddy does (I love that part!) We need a gas tank, airbox, and a recoil assembly but we're not having any luck finding what we need so I figured I'd try here. So if anyone knows any sites that have them or even better if you have some laying around you don't need I'd gladly pay you for them. Is there anything else I should look out for on these? I'm a Honda guy so not sure what the trouble areas are on yamahas. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

-Drew & Bionca

JediNinja63
06-13-2013, 10:57 PM
Nothing? I cannot wait until I can post in other sections! Seems like it's just noobs looking at other noobs' posts in this one, so many threads with tons of views and no replies...

Ghostv2
06-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Im sure other members have seen your posts if they do what i do. I click on "Whats new" and it brings up all recent threads posted on.
My advice which probably wont help much is just keep an eye out on ebay, maybe even if you find a cheap zinger thats pretty rough for parts you could rob off it, sometimes its cheaper to do that. Plus you could always sell the rest or keep them for extra parts which always helps. There is some sites that you might be able to get some OEM parts off of but it will be expensive (to me anyways).

A lot of people use bikebandit. http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/1984-yamaha-tri-zinger-60-yt60l/o/m147011#sch218704
Here is a 85 tank. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Yamaha-Tri-Zinger-YT60-Gas-Fuel-Petrol-Tank-/121111074714?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c32c8579a&vxp=mtr
Some people make aftermarket tanks, youd have to ask some other members where they get theirs.

Maybe not much help but its a start. And itll bump your thread.

JediNinja63
06-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Thank You for the leads...

Howdy
06-15-2013, 09:00 AM
I have a extra machine at the shop, how ever I gave the Machine to a friend after TF last year ( spare parts for him ). I haven't talked to him yet ( will see him at TF Wed or Thur ) and see if he is interested letting some parts go from it.
Howdy