PDA

View Full Version : 1984 honda 125m rear axle clunk noise help

Slayer123
06-13-2013, 01:33 AM
Hey i have an issue when im mainly in first gear and when the three wheeler is revved up say for example going up a hill or something it will make a clicking noise in the rear axle and kinda skip its coming from the left side of the rear axle too. Anyone else have this problem? if so i would appreciate the help. Thanks

Howdy
06-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Welcome to the site, we hope you enjoy it.

Check your chain, sprockets and tensioner. Good chance they are wore out. If they are the chain probably is jumping a tooth on the sprocket and causing the noise.
FYI, It is VERY wise to replace the chain and sprockets with New at the same time.
Howdy

Slayer123
06-13-2013, 08:34 PM
okay ill take a look at it and see what i can find out and ill let you know. Thanks man

Slayer123
06-13-2013, 08:41 PM
oh and another thing i should have mentioned is im not very knowledgeable on three wheelers so is it tough to check that stuff out? or would i be able to figure it out on my own?

kb0nly
06-13-2013, 08:52 PM
Get the service manual! Click on the link in my signature below to go to my manuals server, and get the manual quick in pdf format. Then you got all you need.

I would follow the manual and check the chain tension and tighten it if needed. If you cant get it to spec with the tensioner then the chain is stretched too much and its time for some parts. As Howdy said, strongly urge you replace the chain and the sprockets at the same time, a new chain on worn sprockets won't be any better as you will just wear out a new chain fast. Inspect the tensioner sprocket to. All these parts are available from places like dratv.com and ebay.

Slayer123
06-14-2013, 08:02 PM
I think its a loose chain because when i read the service manual and was checking out the fixing bolts the one on the chain side was missing!!....... im guessing that isnt good but i dont think anything is ruined. But i was wondering if you knew where i could get a fixing bolt for it and what size it was. Thanks!

kb0nly
06-14-2013, 10:13 PM
Well stocked hardware store, not too hard to come up with something.

Slayer123
06-15-2013, 12:17 AM
yup i just got the bolt and tightened the chain and it works good now. thanks for the help!

kb0nly
06-15-2013, 12:30 AM
Welcome! Its the simple fixes that you gotta love... LOL