PDA

View Full Version : Just installed a 10 inch front wheel on a 250 R

Poco Loco
06-15-2013, 12:48 AM
Just a little grinding on the front hub and a little filing on the caliper and padabing its done. I cant wait to try it out this weekend.

Poco Loco
06-15-2013, 11:54 PM
After blasting the R at high speed on the the twisty asphault country road I live on, I would have to say I like the 11" wheel with the 23" tire better. The 10" with the 22" likes to plow more and it tends to want to go through the turn instead of around the turn. A little unnerving at times. I will have to see what it does on the MX track soon.

manbearpig
06-16-2013, 12:09 AM
ive been told by more than one of the east coast MX'ers that they really like the 10in front wheel and tire for the track. theyre running 10in wheels and tires in most of the pictures theyve taken.

heard theyre not so good for the sand for that reason, they tend to plow

either way, run what feels comfortable

EddyO
07-04-2013, 10:19 PM
Hmmmm that is interesting. I am just waiting to go pickup my 10" front Rim I got from Xowner.

KASEY
07-04-2013, 10:47 PM
I ran a 10 at the last moto-x race for the first time ,, I really liked the way it handled,, but that has way more to do with tire selection and tire pressure,,,, than rim size,, I ran a 22 inch by 7 wide tire with a nice pattern,, it turned great I had no issues ..

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n592/KASEYII/DSC00231.jpg

Poco Loco
07-05-2013, 01:38 AM
I did like it on the fireroads more than the asphault. Its grabbing more up front now that the new tire is breaking in. Plowing on the street is scary.

EddyO
07-05-2013, 06:03 PM
That is a nice looking tire Kasey. I got a ITP holeshot GNCC 22 X 7 to run on my 10 incher. I will post some pics when I get the tires mounted.

Poco Loco
07-05-2013, 11:43 PM
I'll let you know how it does on the Carlsbad track at Anza next weekend. But then again,its not the arrow, its the indian...

Poco Loco
07-15-2013, 10:59 PM
I loved it on the MX track. It didnt let me down. Worth the $$$
I'll let you know how it does on the Carlsbad track at Anza next weekend. But then again,its not the arrow, its the indian...

JasonB
07-16-2013, 12:56 PM
very cool. I love my 10" front wheel. i dont MX etc but i like to ride hard in the trails when i get the chance. At Gordons well durring the invasion this spring i did have issues plowing with that front tire though; let out of the gas in the loose stuff it would turn into a boat anchor real quick. Might have missed it but what tire did you select for that wheel? and is that one of Xowners? I run a duro on my xowner 10" front

Poco Loco
07-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Let me go out and check...dont go nowhere...ok, its an Ohtsu AT 22x7x10. It worked well on the Carlsbad track in Anza Ca.
very cool. I love my 10" front wheel. i dont MX etc but i like to ride hard in the trails when i get the chance. At Gordons well durring the invasion this spring i did have issues plowing with that front tire though; let out of the gas in the loose stuff it would turn into a boat anchor real quick. Might have missed it but what tire did you select for that wheel? and is that one of Xowners? I run a duro on my xowner 10" front