PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Rear Brake Adjustment Help Needed

BJASpud
06-16-2013, 05:07 PM
I could use a bit of hlep adjusting the rear brakes on my 200ERN.

I've taken all of slack up I can get with the wing nut adjusters but its not enough.

Can someone desribe the correct procedure to me?

Thanks,
Spud

Jason125m
06-16-2013, 05:11 PM
If the wing adjusters are maxed out, you will most likely need pads at the very least, and possibly a cable.

Howdy
06-16-2013, 09:55 PM
First thing is to inspect the brake pucks. If they are bad replace them.

If brake Pucks are good: Loosen the wing nuts up almost all the way. Then loosen the nut that holds the actuator lever ( it is on a bolt sticking out ). The nut should be backed off 1/2 - 1 turn. Then using a wrench to hold the nut use another wrench and screw the bolt in 1 turn and try the brakes. You may have to adjust the bolt in some more to get good brakes. You want to be sure the wing nuts are adjust properly so the lever is back in the "Home" position.

Howdy

BJASpud
06-19-2013, 11:54 PM
How do I get to the brake pads? What all do I need to remove to get a look at the bads?

Thanks,

Spud

ColtonGG33
06-20-2013, 02:52 AM
You have to get the casing off and if you to have more room, take the hub off the axle so you can slide the casing off. And the pads just kind of lay in their, so just tip it over and they should just pop out, I have the same problem with my dx I'm pretty sure they have the same break system but once you get the casing off it should be easy to figure out.