PDA

View Full Version : Mcculloch Chainsaw help?

Thorpe
06-23-2013, 05:44 PM
So I was gifted a freebie little Mcculloch chainsaw... (I know a Stihl is way better, but I am no logger, and also live in a townhouse in the city, so I really dont need a "mans" chainsaw) Model # 600116-06... For the life of me, I cannot find info to tell me what replacement chain I should buy... The two that came with it are crap to say the least. and the "Sabre" replacement chain info that was in the case doesnt seem to cross reference with squat on google... (Sabre CX357D-60E) Anyone help a brother out? I am usually the guy to locate parts for everyone else, but this little yellow bugger I starting to irritate me! (Maybe it would be easier if it was Honda red!) Thanks guys!

Cave Rider
06-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Chains can be changed from what they came with,high end saws can be bought without a bar or chain..long story short,the saw will not tell you. Your answer will be on the bar. And sprockets must match the bar also.hope that helps.

RIDE-RED 250r
06-23-2013, 07:10 PM
X2, most bars will have the chain pitch and profile stamped on them near the power head.

If there is a saw shop near you, (not talking about Lowes or Home Depot but an actual saw dealer) they should be able to help match you up with the right chain.

Most smaller limbing and general lighter duty saws run either 3/8 pitch Low Profile or .375 pitch. Once you figure out what pitch and profile you have you can get yourself whatever style chain you want for the most part... Most common and most likely easiest to acquire in 3/8 lo-pro and .375 is round ground chisel...

kb0nly
06-23-2013, 08:25 PM
By your model number thats a Pro Mac 700 saw, not a bad saw, i have a couple MC saws kicking around here to. My Stihl is my go to guy but the little MC's are awesome for quick limbing and firewood trimming, etc.

It uses a 3/8" pitch chain. I usually like to replace the chain and the bar at the same time when i get a used saw, no telling how it was taken care of. I put an Oregon Pro Lite 16" bar and chain on my Pro Mac, got it from the local Menards. They come as a complete set, swap and forget!

hoosierlogger
06-23-2013, 09:09 PM
http://acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/3ae278ec565727e088256c2f001d2c88?OpenDocument

Look at the link provided for the pro 700. See if this is the one you have or not. The link gives you lots of valuable info about different saws.