PDA

View Full Version : Injuries of Trikefest!! Not for the faint of heart!!!

Atc-Taylor
06-24-2013, 04:31 PM
So I said I would start this thread and post pictures of Eric's injuries.
And here they are!

What have been your injuries? and do you have pictures?

The beginning wound.
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg633/Atc-Taylor/2013-06-20_17-26-05_950_zpsc8d41d11.jpg (http://s1247.photobucket.com/user/Atc-Taylor/media/2013-06-20_17-26-05_950_zpsc8d41d11.jpg.html)

After the stitches, sporting the 3
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg633/Atc-Taylor/2013-06-20_17-49-29_882_zps1db09359.jpg (http://s1247.photobucket.com/user/Atc-Taylor/media/2013-06-20_17-49-29_882_zps1db09359.jpg.html)

After the infection they did surgery, and after 3 day hospital stay, it's healing quite nicely
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg633/Atc-Taylor/photo_zps019f13f0.jpg (http://s1247.photobucket.com/user/Atc-Taylor/media/photo_zps019f13f0.jpg.html)

captainweezy
06-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Looking better E.

Thorpe
06-24-2013, 05:24 PM
That last pic kinda looks like the mouth on the old Twizzlers commercials!

hadar
06-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Holy crap! That is bad. Sorry you missed most of Trikefest 2013.

3wheeled roofer
06-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Kinda looks like he's got the award for best injury. Hope all heals good but 1 question, did the doc say why it festered and infected so bad?
Anyway this is my horrible injury that I should live from, :cry: but still had an unbelievable time.:lol:

Billy Golightly
06-24-2013, 06:11 PM
I am happy to report that both I and the bikes survived relatively unscathed this year. Well, the paddles on the 250R are a little shorter from the herk and jerk, an the front rim has a dent in it from the rocks at the back bone, but neither big deals. Like I said to Eric on FB, I'm just glad you guys caught it before the infection got worse. My dad almost lost his hand several years ago over a similar incident, not cool stuff to be messing with!

ATC-Eric
06-24-2013, 06:27 PM
The big issue was with the first "doctor" that I saw on Thursday. He didn't clean, or dress it really at all. Just stitched me up and sent me packing. He told us that the ladies at camp did such a good job of cleaning it he didn't need to. I read the surgeons report, he said he pulled rock and other debris out of it in surgery. Kinda ticks me off.

El Camexican
06-24-2013, 06:32 PM
Ok, so these are physical injuries (pretty cool too), but what about the emotional scars say from a certain 490 Yamaha rumored to have gotten to the finish line ahead of a certain green machine? That HAD to have left a festering wound that needed to be treated with alcohol!

ATC-Eric
06-24-2013, 06:38 PM
Did the green machine know they were racing?

El Camexican
06-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Did the green machine know they were racing?

I only klnow what scant details I've read in other posts. Would love to see a video of it.

ATC-Eric
06-24-2013, 06:59 PM
Raffa seemed to have some jetting issues with the 490. It just didn't want to run right. That is what I saw on Thursday, and I am told its performance did not improve for the drags. I really wanted to see more out of that bike!

RIDE-RED 250r
06-24-2013, 07:06 PM
Saw on FB that Raffa and his freshly built trail trike got a little bashed up on the backbone too......

atctim
06-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Let's see, where to begin. I got pretty banged up this year. I'll start from the top and work down. I have one huge and one small bruise on my torso from getting roosted hard in Geriatric Class heat race turn one. I have a roost guard, but "thought" it was too hot to wear it. DUMB!!! Both knees are bruised from barrel racing in shorts. I have a big burn on each calf (one from a Tecate, one from a 250R). I have a big scab on my left calf from herk and jerk flip over. And I have a nice sore on the bottom of my foot. I finally got talked into Riverfest, which was not all tht bad really, but I took a small sharp rock in the bottom of my foot. Didn;t realize it was there until a day later when I had my AWESOME nurse GF look at it. She dug the rock out with tweezers. Next year I shall have proper footwear for Riverfest.

Eric, your presence was greatly missed. Glad you are healing up ok, but dang, that hole in your are looks terrible. Although I would consider dipping a tortilla chip in it if given the chance. OK, that last part was gross - LOL

RIDE-RED 250r
06-24-2013, 07:39 PM
Eric, your presence was greatly missed. Glad you are healing up ok, but dang, that hole in your are looks terrible. Although I would consider dipping a tortilla chip in it if given the chance. OK, that last part was gross - LOL

Thanks for making me dry-heave! HWARF!

El Camexican
06-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Glad you are healing up ok, but dang, that hole in your are looks terrible. Although I would consider dipping a tortilla chip in it if given the chance.

That may just be the funniest wound joke of all time!:beer

Atc-Taylor
06-26-2013, 04:39 PM
A few days later it's even looking better. The honeymoon is rescheduled, and he should be in good shape by then. Thanks for all of your support guys.

zmpolaristech
06-26-2013, 07:21 PM
I came home with quite a few burns, and a few scrapes and bruses as usual! Skinned up my elbow pretty good, and cut my finger up when I dumped my big bore at the top of the backbone. I think the clutch lever got me when it snapped off, cause its a pretty big gouge in my finger. Also got the usual Tri-Z "purple knee syndrome" from beating my legs off the frame rails on the FAST FAST FAST trail Ride Josh Ball and I took. Then, the pipe burns...oh god, the pipe burns!! I got the usual left inside leg burn from the Z pipes, that kinda seem inevitable on a Z, but the one that really got me, is the right inside leg burn I managed to get...ON MY Z! Yeah, got low enough on my trail bike at the barrel races (trying to get my right handers as clean as my lefts...redneck!) to burn my RIGHT leg just below my knee...on the FIRST bend of the header! Never had a burn that just WIPED SKIN OFF before, but man does it SUCK!. Apparently the header is a BIT WARMER up there! lol. When it happened, I damn near jumped off my bike mid corner! So far, all is healing well, had a bit of a scare with the major swelling and infection in my right leg burn, but thank god Raffa had some prescription burn cream left over from his nasty burns from last year. That stuff pulled the infection right out! Thanx Raffa!

ATC-Eric
06-26-2013, 07:26 PM
Good god John! Need to get you some heat resistant pants! And I still have your sling (thanks by the way). Throw me your address, or let me know how much a replacement at walgreens would be.

Dirtcrasher
06-26-2013, 09:27 PM
If you go to Trikefest and don't have any wounds, you missed out :lol:

I have numerous cuts and burns, scraped skin from my sandals. It's only bad when the bones stick out :D

Could have been worse when I saw how bad my throttle cable was kinked.

I hope anyone who went to the ER said " A quad did this to me!! "

roostin atc
06-27-2013, 12:20 AM
I rolled my ankle, scraped my elbow and leg within 10 minutes the rest was a little blurry. I did take home some poison oak with me also. It's all good got my trikefest jar for next year. Next time I won't be a newbie.

Dirtcrasher
06-27-2013, 12:24 AM
Was that on my spare 350X son??

roostin atc
06-27-2013, 12:32 AM
Was that on my spare 350X son??
Dan and I had a long flight. I rolled the 150 on the first washout I hit, it came out of nowhere. Thank you by the way for the smooth 350. Perfect machine. How is the mini anyway?

MTS
06-27-2013, 12:33 AM
I got a nice pipe burn and a purple Big right toe from Starting a Certin 2-Cate way too manytimes at the shoe tree one night...:lol::lol: Glad to hear your doin better eric! that trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro looks NASTY :beer

fabiodriven
06-27-2013, 03:45 PM
I scraped myself up pretty good on day one right when we arrived on the backbone. I hit it twice on the DR and didn't make it either time.

Then the 500 did this to me the day after-
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/IMAG0129_zpsdac51acd.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/fabiodriven/media/IMAG0129_zpsdac51acd.jpg.html)

That's my shoulder. Got my hand pretty good as well. That wasn't the worst of it though. I'm pretty sure I either cracked or bruised a few ribs that are hurting me pretty bad to this day. Every run up that strip I was in pain.

ditchmud
06-30-2013, 01:57 AM
I think I sprained my finger taking so many dang pictures that's about all.

MIK6
06-30-2013, 09:28 AM
I didn't get any major injuries. . But I can tell you my back and legs are STILL sore as hell from riding my manco all week! BUT when else would it be cool to rock a manco out on the trails!!
Cant wait till next year already!

MIK6/ Mike

RIDE-RED 250r
06-30-2013, 09:35 AM
I didn't get any major injuries. . But I can tell you my back and legs are STILL sore as hell from riding my manco all week! BUT when else would it be cool to rock a manco out on the trails!!
Cant wait till next year already!

MIK6/ Mike

I'm starting to smell a CONVOY! :D

keister
06-30-2013, 11:59 AM
I hope anyone who went to the ER said " A quad did this to me!! "

Yes, Eric, what did you tell them at the ER?

MRSOUND
06-30-2013, 12:37 PM
I learned not to ride my BW200 on trail rides with Big Speckt and Kiser in shorts. They seemed to find all the briers with out trying:wondering. That led to tribal "tattoos" on my shins for the next week. Then on the same ride I ran out of fuel,:rolleyes: in the process of pushing it off the trail and into the shade I ran my lower shin into the kick stand leavin a nice strawberry and little shreds of skin on the stand. Nothing major and no lasting scars except on my ego for running out of fuel.

90nut
07-06-2013, 11:16 PM
I only managed to get a "small' 2nd layer of your skin scrape from elbow to wrist on my right arm from a little upset on the BR out on a nite ride on friday night with some guys from Minnesota and Michigan, (I think?) can't recall their names but it was one heck of a night trike ride! They were not afraid to ride their stuff!!!
If their ain't no blood in the picture it's no good! Brrraaappppp

fabiodriven
07-18-2013, 11:04 AM
For those that told me bruised ribs take forever to heal, you weren't kidding. Sheesh...

El Camexican
07-18-2013, 11:39 AM
For those that told me bruised ribs take forever to heal, you weren't kidding. Sheesh...

You think healing sucks now, just wait till you're an old fart. I swear that after 40 every 5 years of age doubles healing time.

keister
07-18-2013, 03:34 PM
I only managed to get a "small' 2nd layer of your skin scrape from elbow to wrist on my right arm from a little upset on the BR out on a nite ride on friday night with some guys from Minnesota and Michigan, (I think?) can't recall their names but it was one heck of a night trike ride! They were not afraid to ride their stuff!!!
If their ain't no blood in the picture it's no good! Brrraaappppp

This is why I love TF. ^^^
"I was bombing trails in the middle of the night on my Big Red with some guys I don't know....they were riding fast.....I tipped mine......we rode some more...."
This is how trikers lay foundations for friendships!