PDA

View Full Version : 200x wont start

honda200xguy
06-25-2013, 12:07 AM
So i swapped my CDI and coil from a friends 200x and finally got spark on my 83..
Now she has NICE spark but still wont start?
After a fresh rebuild...i am just stumped...
It does have gas/compression and spark and still just wont start...
Where should i start now?

DasUberKraut
06-25-2013, 12:12 AM
You already have a thread for this issue only 15 lines down from this thread. Why start a second thread for the same problem?

kb0nly
06-25-2013, 12:12 AM
I would start with timing and valve adjustment, if you have a compression tester just check to see how much compression you have to rule it out, i know you said you have compression but good to have solid numbers.

Edit.... Hmm i didn't realize the OP had a duplicate post.

honda200xguy
06-25-2013, 12:24 AM
I would start with timing and valve adjustment, if you have a compression tester just check to see how much compression you have to rule it out, i know you said you have compression but good to have solid numbers.

The compressions is amazing...the timing chain is perfect and the valves are also good.

You already have a thread for this issue only 15 lines down from this thread. Why start a second thread for the same problem?
that's for the spark? :wondering i don't know why you would post if you didn't have information on help? :wondering:confused:

DasUberKraut
06-25-2013, 12:31 AM

The compressions is amazing...the timing chain is perfect and the valves are also good.

that's for the spark? :wondering i don't know why you would post if you didn't have information on help? :wondering:confused:

Someone had to point out your over posting. Try to keep the forums less cluttered. Not trying to be an dbag, but it's a common problem.

honda200xguy
06-25-2013, 12:36 AM
Someone had to point out your over posting. Try to keep the forums less cluttered. Not trying to be an dbag, but it's a common problem.
I thought since it was 2 different problems that i would just make a new thread. My bad

kb0nly
06-25-2013, 12:39 AM
Forgiven... LOL

So timing, compression, and you have spark, but still won't run? Then it has to be fuel or carb, i'm just pulling at straws here not sure whats going on would have to go read other thread to again.

You said timing chain is perfect, ok, but did you check the spark/ignition timing?