PDA

View Full Version : TF 2014 Flat Track?

kimmer250r
06-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Hey Billy or Howdy,
Any chance of talking Haspin into putting in a flat track for next year? Would add another level of competition and yet another event to keep people busy. Just a thought.

86T3
06-25-2013, 05:36 PM
Id build it with my bare hands if you make me some of that coleslaw

kimmer250r
06-25-2013, 05:39 PM
LOL, that's not a problem! Hell you ate a pound of it. Haha

MIK6
06-25-2013, 05:40 PM
Id build it with my bare hands if you make me some of that coleslaw
Lmao! W that slaw on the line im sure a track will happen!
Ive been telling everyone that will listen about that meal kimmer cooked! !

MIK6/ Mike

kimmer250r
06-25-2013, 06:00 PM
See, I just took a little time off from trikes to learn how to BBQ. Now that I can BBQ, I'm getting back into my trikes. Worth it wasn't it!

Daddio
06-27-2013, 11:46 AM
I've been trying to get something going with a flat track for the 70's since I first went to TF. In 2009 I took a drag and a small watering set-up that fit on the back rack of my 125m. Next year I hope to get there early enough to set one up down by where the rodeo took place this year. It wouldn't take up too much room for a small one and the smaller ones tend to be more racey. I'm 100% for it. I'll talk to Kiser and Jason and see If I can get a little help. I think if we could get one set up and people saw us out there having a riot, it would take off and be a yearly thing. Just my thoughts.

kiser
06-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Ill help with it Daddio if others want to run flat track. That is my favorite kind of racing!

kimmer250r
06-28-2013, 06:39 PM
I'll try to find a good deal on a large tank to fill with water and boom sprayer setup to wet the track when it gets too dusty. I'll stick it on the kawi prairie 250 and we can spray between heats.

Daddio
06-28-2013, 06:48 PM
I still have my 20 gallon tank and the pvc arm I made for it. It works just like the set-up they had on the dump truck at Haspin this year.

kimmer250r
06-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Nice! I'm sure i'll have one too. I need to buy one for killing weeds in my yard right now, so i'll probably pick up a 25 gal with 10' boom sprayer. Sounds like between the two of us we should be able to keep the track wet.

sanchez
07-01-2013, 08:57 PM
If memorie serves me the spot behind the drag strip worked well
Did they have lights back their
My 2 cents

Daddio
07-01-2013, 09:46 PM
If memorie serves me the spot behind the drag strip worked well
Did they have lights back their
My 2 cents

That was ok but it was very rocky and trucks and Jeeps kept driving through there. It would be nice to set one up without having to worry about traffic. It didn't have lights either.
I still think one could be set up down near where the barrel races took place without interfering with that event. I'm not sure how big it is down there but I do know that the infield measurements of the tracks we race the 70's on around here are 80 ft by 30 ft. The track it's self is between 10 to 15 ft wide. So about 110 ft by 60 ft should be plenty. I'm sure that area would be big enough for a bigger track than that but for the smaller trikes, smaller tracks are more fun.:naughty:
Legend has it that some guys on 110's raced in the basement there. :wonderingThat basement was much smaller than the track I just described and rumor has it that they had so much fun that .....................well I can't say anymore about that at this time.:rolleyes:

kimmer250r
07-02-2013, 08:20 PM
There should be plenty of room for the track where the barrel racing was especially if we are focusing on racing the smaller trikes.....which will be more fun!

86T3
07-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Cole slaw....bare hands

kimmer250r
07-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Lmao, I will make you some more slaw!

Outlaw #24
07-02-2013, 11:07 PM
You set up a flat track you will have your hands full :Bounce They have lights at the mud hole. HMMM night time Flatt Track :drool:

Daddio
07-03-2013, 07:49 AM
:Bounce:Bounce:Bounce
I'm all for it!!!
:naughty::beer:w00t:

Xowner
11-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Guys was there a couple weeks ago riding, The have since TF put another Mud pit in right where the Rodeo was last year. Its much smaller and made for the atv's and side by sides. Just a heads up. I dont think the Flat track would fit there now with that in there. Pete wasn't around last time i was out there or i was gonna ask him if he had any place where we could level it off to put a small one in.

keister
11-19-2013, 06:03 PM
That's bad news for flat trackers and barrel racers. Luckily, trikers are very resourceful and creative. We're gonna need more cole slaw!

CRAZY70MAN
11-19-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm all about slappin' the big bore 70's around a flat track!:naughty: This may call for a new invention?? It may motivate me for my trikefest14 build!:wondering I will lend a hand as well if it transpires..... My big red has a 30 gallon watering drum on it for my flat track at the house. Oh man....my mind is throwin' smoke...:lol::lol:

keister
11-19-2013, 08:03 PM
I'm all about slappin' the big bore 70's around a flat track!:naughty: This may call for a new invention?? It may motivate me for my trikefest14 build!:wondering I will lend a hand as well if it transpires..... My big red has a 30 gallon watering drum on it for my flat track at the house. Oh man....my mind is throwin' smoke...:lol::lol:

.... And the MOST creative triker suddenly appears! Get ready for the Mandy, Kylie and Daddios show. Buckle your helmets, Trikefesters!

fabiodriven
11-19-2013, 09:44 PM
A big track would be nice. I'm definitely in on my R.

big specht
11-20-2013, 08:03 PM
We need to find a place that has lights too! That was a perfect spot we has last year for the barrel racing

hoosierlogger
11-20-2013, 09:04 PM
What about the huge wide open area between the trail that leads to the backbone and the office? I know that nighttime racing over there probably wouldn't be a go, but maybe we can rent one of those portable light generator units.

Daddio
02-07-2014, 11:52 PM
What about the huge wide open area between the trail that leads to the backbone and the office? I know that nighttime racing over there probably wouldn't be a go, but maybe we can rent one of those portable light generator units.
It's time to start talking about this again. I don't care where we set it up. It needs to be fairly level and smooth if it's going to be safe. Close proximity to water would be the next issue. When it's blistering hot, water is very important. I'm trying to talk a couple more of the Mad 70's gang into coming out this year. I know even if they don't make it there would be enough willing and able people there to get a track set up. We made an attempt to set one up in 09 just to find someone camped on it the next day. I still hope we can pull one off down by the mud pits.

captainweezy
02-10-2014, 10:12 AM
Man I hope we can work this out. I had a blast even barrel racing the big red last year. :beer Hope I can make it by Tuesday night this year.

CRAZY70MAN
03-18-2014, 08:54 PM
Anymore on the flat track takers or ideas fellas?? Gotta get goin' on some ideas quickly if we are gonna make it a go??

JasonB
03-19-2014, 10:12 AM
i would totally be up for flat tracking this year. count me in if we can figure out where to stick a track to do it on.

Outlaw #24
03-19-2014, 10:31 AM
How about just below the pond. It's fairly flat there and it is kind of sticky dirt when it gets wet! Wouldn't have to go far for H2O! I think there was 2 campers down there last year?

Daddio
03-29-2014, 10:03 AM
That sounds good. It would be really nice if we could pull it off down in the area of the mud pits, so we could do some night racing under the lights.:naughty:

kimmer250r
05-24-2014, 09:09 PM
I was hoping to be ready this year, unfortunately it's been a pretty rough year so far. Lack of cash, time, issues with health and losing my grandpa and mother two weeks apart pretty much did away with most of my plans. Right now i'm not even sure I can make it to haspin. I've only missed one ever, but I may have to miss another. I won't know until the last minute.

fabiodriven
05-24-2014, 10:01 PM
I am definitely in for some flat tracking. Can we make this happen?!

Daddio
05-24-2014, 10:14 PM
I am definitely in for some flat tracking. Can we make this happen?!

I think we could make anything happen as long as we have a little support. The last time we tried it, we had people driving across the oval and the next morning people were camping on it. Haven't tried it since. That year I took a drag to smooth it out and a watering set up. I hope we are taken seriously this time.

CRAZY70MAN
05-24-2014, 10:46 PM
I am bringing my 150 atc70 with cart tires for sure.....

Dirtcrasher
05-25-2014, 11:59 PM
If they have the room, I'm sure will have a track.

My question is this; How many EFFIN tires does a guy need to OWN!!:lol:

big specht
05-26-2014, 02:19 PM
Alot to get the right set up for each flat track

CRAZY70MAN
05-26-2014, 04:01 PM
If they have the room, I'm sure will have a track.

My question is this; How many EFFIN tires does a guy need to OWN!!:lol:

Over 100........lol....

Outlaw #24
05-30-2014, 10:28 AM
It would be hard to set this up this late in the year Probably ? I spoke to Raffa, Billy and a few others ! We need a committee that can meet at this years TF and check out the feasibility of setting up a Flatt track, Make some plans and organize a proper event that can go hand in hand with the other events ! If we organize it properly then we can have a greater participation from current Trike Fest attendees and bring in other flat trackers around the country. Fabiodriven and Daddio have been chomping at the bit as well as others, to have a flat track, for a long time . Let's get together and discuss this and maybe it has a greater possibility of it happening! What does everybody else think?

fabiodriven
05-30-2014, 10:50 AM
I'll be arriving Sunday the 15th. Myself and my XR will be sideways the entire week regardless of whether or not there is a track, but I really hope there is one.

ironchop
05-30-2014, 11:07 AM
I`m in on the X......I don't see myself holding the lead lap against the two smokers or a TPC type but I`ll go roundy-round nonetheless. Got a set of Duros that need the tits knocked off.

Go Fast.....Drift Left...............right?

Outlaw #24
05-30-2014, 11:22 AM
WEll, cool if you think you can stick a track together , Let me know, I will bring my Flat tracker also! Really look below the pond Dam? With more notice I might be able to get Musco Lighting to Put something together for us?

big specht
05-31-2014, 09:04 AM
Keep us up to date on this I will bring some tires for the 70 or maybe my old racer too

Daddio
06-04-2014, 11:17 PM
If we build it, they will come!!!
Last year they were able to set up the barrel races, no problem. I'll bring my watering set-up and cones again. I no longer have a drag to smooth things out though. The main thing we need is a level area that isn't full of rocks and it needs to be near water. If someone could scout a place like that out that would be great. I won't be able to get there until Thursday. I think that if we could pull this off, even in a half fast manner, it would become a new annual event. Just my thoughts.