PDA

View Full Version : TPC Trikes? Trikes built from TRX450R and CRF450R's?

3wheelers
06-26-2013, 10:20 PM
I was watching 3 wheeler videos on YouTube, and I came across a TPC Trike. Then I found their website. Apparently, they build 3 wheelers by combining trx450 and crf450 frames? Is there anyone on here who has had one built? How much do they cost? Where can I get one? If you have one, post some pictures of it. I would like to see them. Thanks!

jb2wheels
06-27-2013, 12:22 AM
Sort of - TRX450 frame modified (or custom built chromaloy).
Yes. (but not me)
$7k - $20k+
http://www.tpctrikes.com/tpctrikes_005.htm

use the search for pics and build threads and lots of info.

Louis Mielke
06-27-2013, 12:50 AM
TPC Trikes builds some pretty nice conversions, I believe the basic do it yourself kit costs around 2600$ and requires that you send in your quad frame. There are some very nice trikes all over the web from them, some of the more expensive ones you hear about on occasion where typically full builds with no expenses spared. Between buying the quad, a kit from them and a few bike parts I would think building one under $4500 is definitely possible.

There are others who have built 450 on their own without any kind of conversion kit, it's a lot of work and costly but it's also rewarding. The Keisters have built several one off trike conversions for a few people and are willing to help with builds as well. Jake Keister helped with some of the fabrication on my 450 design. Though they have their own way of doing the conversion, he's not too proud to take direction if you have something specific you want.

Jason Hall is also willing to help with custom trikes although I don't believe he has attempted any quad conversions, he's done several succesful bike conversions.

Ultimately if you want to buy a kit and assemble it yourself TPC Trikes is your best bet for a out of the box experience.

hoosierlogger
06-27-2013, 05:48 AM
Eric Jensen (Jensenracing77) built one. Do a search for thread title " building a tpc" you should be able to find it. It shows the pics from start to finish.

cummins062wd
07-01-2013, 05:36 PM
I want one!!