PDA

View Full Version : Fellow trikers

fabiodriven
06-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Especially those who attended Trikefest 2013.

I would like to extend a huge thank you to all I came in contact with. It cannot be said enough how great of a group of people you/we are and how welcomed we all make each other feel.

Unfortunately, I came this year with a horrible attitude. I wanted to meet and greet everyone and mingle as I usually do. In case anybody hadn't noticed, I haven't been posting on the site much and I deleted my Facebook account. Long story short, my demons from the war have caught up with me and turned my life upside down. I am no longer able to work and my woman decided to leave me rather than stand by a wounded warrior. I spent some time in the hospital literally days before Trikefest and it was questionable whether or not I was even going to be there. I spent a lot of time off by myself caught up in my thoughts and smoking cigarettes rather than enjoying what should have been such a fantastic week for me. I left abruptly without saying goodbyes, please don't anyone take that personal. I have deep seeded issues that I will be dealing with for the rest of my life and there will be good times and bad times. If it weren't for the friends and family that I have, I may not even be here to be writing this right now, take that as you may.

At this time the boat is still afloat, albeit the bilge pump has been working overtime. The storm is far from over, but the seas have calmed slightly at this particular moment, but that can change at the drop of a hat.

No hard feelings to anyone, I didn't leave in a huff because I was upset with anything that happened that week. I just needed to get home. I have so many things to do here and now I'm up shite creek already. After damaging my ribs I can't even attack the projects I was planning on doing to keep my mind occupied and improve my living situation, so I just futz around doing menial crap that I can do without further aggravating my ribs.

Basically my life is all facked up. I'm sorry to have drug my issues down there, but I thought I could have left them at home. It really didn't work out that way. Thank you all for setting up such a great event and supporting me as you all did.

ATC-Eric
06-27-2013, 04:15 PM
Man Im sorry to hear your lady left. Hope you can find a happy-ish place for yourself. I wish you the best with improving your situation.

thestud25
06-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Hey brother, you know we had some fun! Albeit, we didn't howl at the moon too much, we still had some good times! You have my number, you better use it no matter what time of day if you ever need anything, and now that you have all this free-time you need to come down here and ride our trails, float our rivers, and come down to our lake house!! Talk to you soon!

New2Tri-Z
06-27-2013, 04:32 PM
Keep on trike'n' man! It always gets better, even if it gets a little worse first. I have never made it to Trikefest, but it sounds like most everybody there is nothing short of a stand up dude (or lady, sorry ladies you are great too). Everybody on here seems to have a ton of respect for you Fabio and you know your sheet when it comes to trikes, that is a no brainer. Always remember there are plenty of fish in the sea, and as a matter of fact take up Stud's offer and maybe try some "fishin" while your floating on the river :lol: Take care Bro!

tri again
06-27-2013, 04:50 PM
whoa, so sorry to hear of your pain.
It hurts me too just hearing about it.
Seems like wherever I go, my head comes with me and some distractions are better than others but hard for me to "be here now" when I'm trying to ignore shooting pains,
either 'real' in my back or legs or 'really real' through the heart.

Ribs like to hurt like nothing else and heartache
has no mercy.

I've hit a few sites looking for suggestions on 'how to survive a breakup'.
Most are pretty informative.
So many studies on sadness and depression
but not much research on happiness.

Hang in there and do NOT hesitate to use the phone.
541 nine three five 42zero six, anytime day or night.

MIK6
06-27-2013, 05:09 PM
You have a brother here in NY if you ever4 want to get away.. my door is always open to you!
You got my #, day or nite feel free to call!

MIK6/ Mike

atc007
06-27-2013, 05:11 PM
I kinda thought this was where you were at John. I just searched my pm's for 25 minutes, I swore I had your #,but I couldn't find it. Please give me a call, it would be my privledge to hear from you again ! What you are going through is absolutely natural for the hell you saw. None of this is your fault. You Warriors take out the trash and it's up to God or whoever to sort them out. And nothing is perfect,bad things happen doing the right things. Missions specifically. Anything I have to say is dribble,as I have NOT been to war. My Dad went through WW2,my Bother in law has, more CK's than he likes to think about. But, he was there for a job,A very important job. And he did it. He's been retired now 15 years. It DOES get easier. But it never goes away. With the guys I have known anyhow. I know it's easy to say keep your head up and go for a ride,but I hope you can :). If you call this character above ^^^,I bet you will not be disappointed :) :) Triagain, I mean... I'll be waiting by the phone.

keister
06-27-2013, 05:24 PM
You KNOW I got your back. Stay strong, trike brother. Anything you need..... Just say the word.

roostin atc
06-29-2013, 02:53 AM
I always got a spot for you and a bike to ride. If you need a getaway I'm here and I'm sure a lot of other people would say the same thing. Your a Good man. Don't let life grab you by the balls. Take control of it, grab it by the horns.

atc007
06-29-2013, 07:19 AM
I always got a spot for you and a bike to ride. If you need a getaway I'm here and I'm sure a lot of other people would say the same thing. Your a Good man. Don't let life grab you by the balls. Take control of it, grab it by the horns.

Same here. And those here that have visited here will tell you that's not such a bad thing lol.

fabiodriven
06-29-2013, 02:50 PM
I appreciate all of the help and the support from all of you. Thank you.

BTW, this trip and 500 build would have never happened had it not been for Steve and Dan. Craig fit right in and did his part as well, but those two are the reason the trip happened and our open class bike not only ran, but ran very, very well.

atc007
06-29-2013, 04:51 PM
NP,,I got one for ya John. You would have lost it with me today. Had the family at Mcdonalds playland today. AC was nice and cold. Kids are done eating,wifie and I are sitting there. We stopped at a Garage sale on the way over,and the guy was disassembling a nice set of bunk beds. We're checking out with some kids clothes,,and the headboard falls right on the side of my wife's ankle. Instant bump,black and blue/red. Really bad..So she stands up at Mcd's to show me/check her ankle and I had the perfect one saved up. I tilted a cheek and completely destroyed everything behind me, It was all walls and glass, so no humans were hurt in the incident. But Boys,girls,men and women were ALL staring at the scene of the crime,and there she is standing up one foot up on the chair bent over :) :) :)/ She tried to brush it off,but I was way too proud :) It was EPIC. Anyhow, I've never met you,but I thought of you. And My Dad and Nephew. They all would have been proud. After hearing what a complete pig I was, and how a Gentleman doesn't do that in public,,we headed home. The end :) I was gonna post this in Tecate dans fart thread,but put it here for you. You would have been SO proud !

3Queen
06-29-2013, 10:08 PM
John we all hit a low point in our lifes.. I don't care who you are. I had mine three years ago. You feel like your life in a big wave and it is coming down on you.. It will slow down.. You are a good person and do so much for so many.. And you made so many friends on 3WW.. We all care about you more then you could know.. I wish I can do more for you, I work with Vets. there is help out there for you.. And I can get you info on it.. It will help John.. It helps to talk.. What you did, you did for our freedom .. With out guys like you, were would we be.. What would we be.. And your girl I know you loved her.. Maybe you both need time.. And if it is right you will get back together.. I only talked to her over FB but I know why you love her. She seems full of life.. Just step back take some time.. It will get better, and lol I was not letting you go home from TF without your good bye.. You guys became like my big brothers, I hate to see you sad or upset you had Dave's and my number you can call us and talk.. If you don't have it no more I will get it to you.. Like I said you are a good guy and we all love you.. And we all care.. trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro this is our trike family and we are here for each other..

roostin atc
06-29-2013, 11:43 PM
I appreciate all of the help and the support from all of you. Thank you.

BTW, this trip and 500 build would have never happened had it not been for Steve and Dan. Craig fit right in and did his part as well, but those two are the reason the trip happened and our open class bike not only ran, but ran very, very well.

You played the biggest part in this adventure and most crucial. I would still be walking. We had a nice steady, safe ride home with no problems. My hat goes off to you, and I'm sure Dan and Steve feel the same way. I cannot thank you enough for this memory. No time was lost it was had.

roostin atc
06-29-2013, 11:45 PM
:beer to you my fellow triker.

whyzee
06-30-2013, 08:09 AM
Fabio, anytime you want to reach out and chat I unfortunately can offer alot of advice about depression . May not be a cure for it but it helps to talk and know you are not alone. Just remember , it is only a temporary feeling no matter how bad it seems .

Billy Golightly
06-30-2013, 08:56 AM
Dude, was juste glad to see ya there and hang out some again. Give me a shout if you ever need to talk man.

atc007
06-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Fabio, anytime you want to reach out and chat I unfortunately can offer alot of advice about depression . May not be a cure for it but it helps to talk and know you are not alone. Just remember , it is only a temporary feeling no matter how bad it seems .

Great to see you back on here again :)

fabiodriven
07-12-2013, 01:08 AM
The Buell offers freedom,
The Buell offers speed.
The Buell offers more,
much more than I need.

I departed my residence,
innocence in mind.
But she beckons me on,
to let 'er unwind.

Ginger ales I figured,
would keep me in check.
Kamikaze's and beer,
is what happened next.

She begs me to twist 'er,
the throttle's right there.
Who am I to say,
that I can't be there?

To give 'er what she asks,
and what I want as well.
I give 'er the twist,
and soon we'll be there.

Say we don't make it,
say we mishap.
The fawk do I care,
what happens next?

She lays me down,
I don't respond.
I've had my fun.
Give a fawk if I'm gone.

Raw power she offers,
pure sex on wheels.
T'would be a shame if she left me,
unable to heal.

If she takes me god bless.
A smile on my face.
I've had my fun.
All in god's grace.

All I ask is to be taken,
rather than maimed.
I couldn't bear the brunt,
she cannot be tamed.

The straight pipe she screams,
the front brake she chatters.
There are only a handful,
who know what's the matter.

I talk to my fellow warriors,
those who would know.
Yet no explanation has been given,
nobody knows.

Explain it we do,
distance we get.
To serve our county,
is all that we meant.

The deafening rumble,
the flames from the pipe.
The madness that comes at me,
the risk is delight.

Will I make the next turn?
Did the downshift just catch?
A balance of brakes,
or a sudden crash.

The machine is innocent,
it does what it's told.
Push it too far,
you'll see what it holds.

Pure joy or pure panic,
otherwise death.
Or the ultimate sacrifice,
losing use of what's left.

My health and sanity,
half of which is gone.
It's a risk worth taking,
when the pipe sings it's song.

The women they look,
as well as the men.
"What is that bike?"
Again and again.

This bike is a Buell,
made by the best.
It will demand your attention,
then blow by the rest.

Your ears will ring,
your eyes will water.
She's the loudest thing,
you'd best hide your daughter.

She may be my death,
a death that I choose.
Save all of your comments,
til you've walked in my shoes.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/IMAG0165_zps674fd219.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/fabiodriven/media/IMAG0165_zps674fd219.jpg.html)

El Camexican
07-12-2013, 08:06 AM
That's not a bad poem. You should send it to Erik.

atc007
07-12-2013, 08:16 AM
I wish to God I could be of more help to you my friend. Stay strong and enjoy the breeze :)

thestud25
07-12-2013, 08:41 AM
Johnny, holla at your boy! I'm going to call you when I go on break.

fabiodriven
07-13-2013, 12:55 AM
The Buell she takes me,
out yet again.
Debauchery on wheels,
what a good friend.

The locals they beg me,
Park her for the night!
My friend informs me,
of female delights.

Two towns away,
and a straight pipe to boot.
I decide to run it,
she's really a hoot.

The bar I depart,
amongst a crowd of gawkers.
So what do I do?
But twist on the throttle.

The first car oncoming,
literally I swear.
It's 'ol Johnny law,
he's right fawking there.

The brake lights come on,
soon to follow the blinker.
I tuck in a lot,
always the thinker.

The ignition I kill,
the cruiser goes by.
Little does he know,
his hunt's gone for tonight.

I start' er back up,
double back's what I do.
I can smell his exhaust,
wasted effort by you.

The couch I was offered,
literally feet from the bar.
Is where I write from,
thanking my stars.

Johnny law thought he had me,
almost he did.
If this Buell doesn't kill me,
my license may bid,
me a farewell,
along with my career,
and with it goes the house,
and all I hold dear.

Surrounded I am,
by people who care.
Advice I am given,
which must now be hailed,
as more than advice,
it's more like love.

I was begged not to do it,
yet I give it a shrug.
The Buell's dancing idle,
and ravishing looks,
are enough more to temp me,
to take the risk that I took.

Johnny if you read this,
I laugh at your efforts.
American bike,
and Americans get this.

I've got the clue,
but will I do it again?
That galldang Buell,
and it's rider who sins.

Safe on the couch,
the Buell outside.
In plain view,
of the one who tried.

Interceptor zero,
Buell's at one.
Let's keep it that way.
I've had my fun.

Just one mere weekend,
then it's over the road.
Pulling a trailer,
hauling those loads.

Life hasn't been fair,
but this time she has.
This evening could have been,
something very bad.

Time to move forward,
not like the Buell.
Rather a much slower pace,
to haul shite for you.

I am a very lucky (and smart) man for having the friends I do and for getting away with what I have tonight. It's because of my good treatment of people in the past that I was even offered this couch literally feet from the bar and for that I am grateful. Good night to you all and let's all hope the madness ends not only soon, but on a good note.

jays375
07-13-2013, 07:08 AM
Catchy poem.You are one lucky dude.Not only to escape the law,but a terrible accident.You got a lot of friends that care about you.Maybe give the Buell a rest and hang out with them for a while.

El Camexican
07-13-2013, 10:19 PM
Tipping bottles & twisting throttles is a deadly mix buddy. Unless you’re looking to get your name on a trike seat you need to get it together. Whichever demons are on your back I can assure you that lesser men have had to deal with them and have triumphed over them. Your last poem tells me your fixing to start sliding down a slippery slope. Man up and dig in your heels, you can do it, but if you need a few more days to do some drinking for God sakes give the keys to everything you own with wheels to a friend to hang onto. I hope things get better for you soon.

atc007
07-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Listen to DC, for God sakes, He's one of the best damn frame builders that ever walked.

fabiodriven
07-15-2013, 01:23 AM
The keys handed off,
the warnings adhered.

An old flame arises,
one state away.

Hampton Beach to unwind,
on the Buell sans helmet.

She saw me go by,
then she pursued it.

Taken she is,
for how long's the question.

Fabio's back,
her man will regret it.

Early a.m.,
the straight pipe she'll blaze.

Sober as a judge,
in the Freightliner I'll rage.

Grinding those gears,
heading in the right direction.

Sooner than later,
she'll get my....

Good night all. Hands steady on the wheel early tomorrow (or today) we begin a new destination. One that will be much more desirable than those traveled mere hours ago. Just by chance she saw me. Everything happens for a reason.

Without trucks, America stops.

3Queen
07-15-2013, 03:07 AM
John that is good to know.. :p Always more fish in the sea.. Would this be the girl from TF you talk about..

kb0nly
07-15-2013, 04:15 AM
Just had to say.... Hang in there man!

And also this thread contains one of the most epic fart jokes in forever. God my side's hurt from laughing after reading that. Oh man I needed that laugh.

fabiodriven
07-15-2013, 09:02 AM
John that is good to know.. :p Always more fish in the sea.. Would this be the girl from TF you talk about..

Nope. Out of the clear blue sky she fell. I just happened to be on my bike without a helmet which I never, ever do, even in states where it's legal. Yesterday I just didn't give a fawk. She saw me at an intersection in NH (I live in Mass) and texted me. We dated briefly a few years ago. Met up for some drinks and did a lot of talking. She's taken for now, but I'm not sure how happy she really is with her current situation.

Sorry for all the poetry. I'm usually not much of a drinker. I guess the sauce brings it out.

thestud25
07-15-2013, 09:28 AM
The keys handed off,
the warnings adhered.

An old flame arises,
one state away.

Hampton Beach to unwind,
on the Buell sans helmet.

She saw me go by,
then she pursued it.

Taken she is,
for how long's the question.

Fabio's back,
her man will regret it.

Early a.m.,
the straight pipe she'll blaze.

Sober as a judge,
in the Freightliner I'll rage.

Grinding those gears,
heading in the right direction.

Sooner than later,
she'll get my....

Good night all. Hands steady on the wheel early tomorrow (or today) we begin a new destination. One that will be much more desirable than those traveled mere hours ago. Just by chance she saw me. Everything happens for a reason.

Without trucks, America stops.

Look we have our own triker Robert Frost!! Lol, good to see you are getting your head right.

fabiodriven
07-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Away we go.

atc007
07-15-2013, 09:55 PM
I for one will Sleep a LOT better tonight. Man, you are too good to lose,,especially THAT way.. Good luck over the roads!!,,KB,,It was EPIC :),,,Wife didn't feel the same though ???

jays375
07-15-2013, 10:54 PM
Oh god!Driving that truck would make me go goofy.I know it isn't as much as the Buell.Think it is a little safer.Long haul or day trips?Is that the truck newbies get?Good luck with the new job.Keep the poetry going too.Pretty good at.Only poetry I can relate to.

honda200xguy
07-16-2013, 12:54 AM
You seem like a good man.
Nonetheless, life has its up's and it's down's.
When you go down, there's nothing you can do but go back up.
Keep on truckin and triken buddy

fabiodriven
07-16-2013, 05:58 AM
I'll be in the truck for days at a time. Been up for almost 24 hours now. Just getting ready to hit the hay.

This isn't the best truck, but it's not the newbie truck. I know people.

I'd like to thank Dan for this. This was all his idea. When I lost my marbles I was seriously considering selling everything I owned including my house and becoming a nomad. I was going to live out of my camper. Dan pointed out I could do this and still keep everything. The thought hadn't even crossed my mind. Although this is a lot more work, but it'll get easier as I go. I just dropped $300 on a truck GPS. After the day/night I just had attempting to drive a tractor trailer using a car GPS, I would have to HIGHLY advise against trying to do that.

Big Mike
07-16-2013, 08:37 AM
good luck out on the road and be careful of the lot lizards!

Dave Little
08-10-2013, 12:23 AM
One part man, one part mule, one part fossil fuel! It's important not to break stride, for all the reasons in the world and to re-invent one's self from time to time for the same reasons. Good on you John.

atc007
08-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Report in John, how are things ? Hoping for the best for ya !

fabiodriven
08-22-2013, 02:29 PM
I drove for one month and one day. It did what I needed it to. It cleared my head and made me miss my home which I was on the verge of selling before I took that job. I had completely lost it and now I'm coming back. I'm still a friggin maniac, the Buell still beckons me from time to time, but I'm doing better than I was. I've got some irons in the fire as far as a career I can retire from, but for the time being I'm more than likely going to be doing some flatbed work for the guy I was driving over the road for. He knows I'm looking for a career and doesn't mind if I just use the flatbed work to fill in for the meantime. Thanks for asking Bill.

coolpool
08-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Great to see you back on the road and feeling better, albeit on 18 wheels instead of two! There's a lot of support from folks on here for you, me included. If you ever feel the need to come North, look me up. Lot's of quiet "thinking" places here. I drove tractor trailers while serving for 20 years in the Canadian Forces. I enjoyed flat decks way more than vans, more diverse loads, maybe you will too?

atc007
08-22-2013, 08:20 PM
Saw you went on the ride with the boys. That was great to see ! . Glad to hear from you. You are a great, smart,genuine dude who is gonna land on your feet happy somewhere.