PDA

View Full Version : 250sx racks

Maxxis10
06-29-2013, 08:22 PM
Hey there,
Was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction for racks for my 1985 Honda 250sx. I really need a rear rack, and would love a front one as well. Thanks, Ryan

UPNATM
06-29-2013, 08:41 PM
Oe hondaline racks are getting tougher to find, and from what ive seen lately have a pretty high asking price on them, when you do see them for sale. Within the last month or two ive seen a couple on ebay, but once you have enough posts here on the forum, you might try posting a wtb add in the classified section.
Who know you may find somebody willing to part with a set.

tri again
06-30-2013, 05:52 AM
Oh my dear god, I need at least 2 sets.
and don't care at all if they're not honda oem at all.
Been looking for ever 2 years.
Cheaper to buy a dead sx and save the racks IF you can find them.

I'm hoping my friend in the deep south still has some
dented rusty ones for me when my disability check comes in
nexk week.
SUPER hard to come by, for sure.
GREAT for a chainsaw and dragging lazy #ss friends out of the woods.

I already have a few factory rack sx 's in the stable but it would scare me into next century
to DRILL holes in gorgeous sx plastics to mount racks...

lil' pinchers on the grab bar

2 holes DRILLED either side of the aft sector of the seat,
frame mounts / serious engineering hardware,
with really spiffy looking spinner lock nuts.

Not really any cheaper than a non running sx that I've seen, however.

I'm planning on a couple hundred dollars (US) for ugly rusty ones gosh darn it, I WANT
another set too. I'd say 'rare as hen's teeth'.

Good luck to both of us.

ps2fixer
06-30-2013, 10:36 AM
I just sold a rear sx rack + mounting hardward for $75+ shipping, was stright and looked good. I based the price off ebay, which was around $100-150 - 15% for fees and a little extra because the buyer was from here and the fact I have $200 in the machine it came from and I can still ride it with out the racks :)..

Good luck on the search, you should be able to find some on ebay, but like the others said, expect to pay a bit for them.

Woodsrider
06-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Check this thread out..this guy made a wicked rack for his SX. You may not feel comfortable doing what he did, but it may give you an idea or two for modifying a rack from another machine.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/153775-my-custom-rack-86-250sx?highlight=custom+racks

just ben
06-30-2013, 03:04 PM
I believe TPC trikes builds a rack for the sx

Erock86
07-01-2013, 07:50 PM
Mine had one on it when i bought it but i think it was off a Honda 4 wheeler from around the same year it also had a hitch on it also i am sure that's off of a older Honda 4 wheeler also.

ps2fixer
07-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Mine had one on it when i bought it but i think it was off a Honda 4 wheeler from around the same year it also had a hitch on it also i am sure that's off of a older Honda 4 wheeler also.

Would be neat to track down if an OEM rack would fit the mounting kit for the SX.

Ok.... after looking looking at some photos, there *might* be some that will interchange with out the mounting kit required! I'll post a new thread so I don't high jack this thread.