PDA

View Full Version : 1981 honda 200 atc

DirtSailor
07-04-2013, 07:36 AM
Hello all,

This problem has been driving me crazy. I can't for the life of me get the front axle out of my trike. I called the dealer mech and he said it slides out the left hand side. Now I took apart everything I could and the axle spins freely inside the housing but won't slide out. I even put the nuts on backwards to protect the threads and beat the holy hell out of it wit a 4 lb sledge. Somebody please help.

shortline10
07-04-2013, 08:41 AM
The center bearing spacer is seized to the axle . Really cant get heat on it till its out of the hub so hit the axle opposite side of the brake drum and hope the bearing comes out of the hub assembly and then heat the spacer to remove the axle . Also just want to make sure you have a 81 model that has no front suspension ? Lots of penetrating fluid will help as well .

TxPowderCoater
07-04-2013, 09:58 AM
^^ everything he said, its gonna be destructive but has to be done to be repaired.

DirtSailor
07-07-2013, 01:48 PM
All I need to do is change the front tire. it seems like the spacer wont come out of the hub without hitting the inside of the fork. Is there any other way to change the tire?