PDA

View Full Version : 1983 200e big red OEM tires

apmech23
07-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Hi Fellas, I am new to the forum, but i have just aquired a mint condition 1983 Honda 200E big red, other than cleaning, shes about ready to go, got the carb cleaned and engine running yesterday, but the tires are shot and I really want the OEM original tread style tires and I am having trouble finding them. I found them on Dunlops website as part # KT325.....I am afraid they might be discontinued...does any one know if these are available anywhere?. 25x12x9 Dunlop knobby in kind of a zig zagged pattern, I am really hoping I can find a set of three of these tires, thanks for any info you may have!

Flossyb20
07-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Welcome to the forum! Having just restored the same bike you have, I can tell you that they are indeed discontinued, and nearly impossible to find. Ebay and older dealerships may be your best bet...I ended up running the P/A 501 Ohtsu on the trike I did, which, unfortunately, are also discontinued now. Whatever you end up going with, be sure it's only a 2-ply to maintain the factory "bounce"...and please, clean and put some grease in your front forks, noone ever does, and it ruins them.

apmech23
07-08-2013, 04:23 PM
hey thanks for the reply and the suggestions....thats what I was afraid of...its too bad, I think that original pattern looks really good and is functional to. I also want to maintain the originality as much as i could. I have to get a service manual yet, but i was planning on going through everything I can service. I have read that the forks can be kind of a weak spot on these ole bikes, so i will give them there due attention.
Thanks again