PDA

View Full Version : Signs of a bent valve?

honda200xguy
07-08-2013, 03:58 PM
My 200x has been a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro! just rebuilt it..put new rockers/transmission gears in it, new kickstarter and coil.
Now...she still wont start, i think it might be a bent valve?
If i have a bent valve....what are the signs of it?
I do have good compression..so is it even possible to have a bent valve?

dougspcs
07-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Bent valve = no compression.

So no worries there..you could still be out a tooth or two on your cam which will make it difficult if not impossible to get running.

Only if you have your cam so far out of time that you have piston hit valve have you done serious damage to your hard work.

Recheck your work, I'm sure it will become apparent why it won't go!

honda200xguy
07-08-2013, 04:24 PM
what would you check next? (this is the first time rebuilding a X)

dougspcs
07-08-2013, 04:32 PM
what would you check next? (this is the first time rebuilding a X)

Since it's been apart, basically everything.

1st remove the pulse generator and double check the cam timing is dead nutz..(manual has full details.)

2nd reinstall the pulse generator and make sure it's dead nutz..(manual has full details on this too.)

3rd double check all your electrical connections and harnesses are tight and secure..

4th you didn't meantion if you had spark at all..if not then go down that path to troubleshoot..

And have a spare plug handy..with all that kicking you probably have it pretty badly soaked. A soaked plug may be your only problem for that matter..

You must have the manual, right? When you do get it running..change the oil right away. Last thing you want is to burn out those unseated rings because all that fuel washed the cylinder clean of oil.

We'll be here as you go to ask questions..

honda200xguy
07-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Since it's been apart, basically everything.

1st remove the pulse generator and double check the cam timing is dead nutz..(manual has full details.)

2nd reinstall the pulse generator and make sure it's dead nutz..(manual has full details on this too.)

3rd double check all your electrical connections and harnesses are tight and secure..

4th you didn't meantion if you had spark at all..if not then go down that path to troubleshoot..

And have a spare plug handy..with all that kicking you probably have it pretty badly soaked. A soaked plug may be your only problem for that matter..

You must have the manual, right? When you do get it running..change the oil right away. Last thing you want is to burn out those unseated rings because all that fuel washed the cylinder clean of oil.

We'll be here as you go to ask questions..

Changed the coil i didn't have spark before that now its PERFECT
Going to go threw the stuff now and ill get back to you.
and yes i have a manual

dougspcs
07-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Changed the coil i didn't have spark before that now its PERFECT
Going to go threw the stuff now and ill get back to you.
and yes i have a manual

Cool, glad you have it figured..

Again though change that oil..if you have been kicking away for any length of time it's likely to have a certain amount of gas in it.

Moto Hose
07-10-2013, 08:23 AM
check your cam chain timing