PDA

View Full Version : 82 200E Big Red Carb Problems!!

SUPERTEX
07-10-2013, 08:28 PM
OK so i had another thread going about my 200E but at this time i thought i needed to do a new post sense I'm going into detail on the Machines problems.

Thanks to Barnett, iv had a lot of thinking to do with it already.

Basically when the engine is cold it is very hard to get to crank over i will electric start it until the battery is dead and pull my little soul out to just get it to fire over, then it is fine once warmed up it will idle and drive perfect no hesitation on throttle or anything, trying to choke it makes it non responsive until i dechoke it,

Its a brand new carb with a clean tank and new fuel, changed plug and air filter and a new fuel line.

I was messing with it today and after trial and error iv noticed if i bump the fuel filter around it is easier to crank over, the filter has a bit of trash in it alread i guess stuff i missed cleaning the tank.

Any help on this hard starting problem thanks.

200bigredrebel
07-11-2013, 12:46 AM
i would change the fuel filter first. it sounds likes its blocking the fuel from entering the carb. and causing u not to get the correct fuel-air mix to get combustion.

hoped i've helped any.
-Clint

SUPERTEX
07-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Thanks yea it was a new filter last weekend lol but the plastic tank i used was sitting around for a wile and i tried cleaning it as best as i could, but i guess there was still stuff in it

200bigredrebel
07-13-2013, 10:58 PM
your welcome =)

-Clint