PDA

View Full Version : 1984 Honda big red 200es project

Swampfox
07-16-2013, 03:24 PM
]Hey guys im new to 3wheelerworld. I would like to start out by saying this is a great place for anything from tech advice to pics of these classic machines. I have a 1984 200es, I bought it about 6 months ago and it looks very nice, has new maxxis zilla's all the way around. The plastics look very nice, the bike is probably an 8 out of 10. This model is one of my favorites. It hauls butt (for the size) but when i am mudboggin on low end I cant hardly spin the tires and there 25x10x9. I hunt out of mine and play in the mud from time to time. So I want to build a snorkle, fabricate a lift for the rear and try to put a different carb, exhaust, and head or have it bored. How much can the 200es be bored to, and what different model 3 wheeler can I use the carb, the head, front fork and any other model that has performance parts I can use. This model is a tank but im limited to lifting the rear because of the shaft driven, with no suspension in the rear end. So basically I wanna at least be able to spin my tires in low gear and be able to take on water. So any pics, videos, or advice is very much helpful!!!

CodyRosa
07-16-2013, 03:35 PM
I cant really answer your question that good but you can always bore it to the next size up and throw in a high compression piston? 10.25:1 Wiseco. What kind of a carb are you looking for because i'm pretty sure all the carbs for the 3 wheelers(not including big ones like 350x or 250r) would bolt right up. You have a few options for exhaust, I have no clue at all whats the best for what you need.. but you got Basanni, supertrapp, DG, Cobra etc. Just check ebay, denniskirk probably has Cobra pipes that'd fit your machine. 173375 I'm not sure if this is the 200es but that is a 200x front end which would give you better suspension and remove weight, i think it'd sit higher up front as well. Theres a video on youtube of a 3 wheeler with like 30 inch tires mudding lol. It went through amazing to.

Oh and I believe somebody on the forums makes the stems to be able to put a 200x front on. Not sure on the name though.

Swampfox
07-16-2013, 03:48 PM
Im new to changing up carbs and such, so basically im wanting to go with a bigger rear tire and wanna be able to spin em good bc its very swampy where I ride, Im gettin ready to buy a carb and want something beter than stock you know. So you think the 250es carb would possibly give me more power and would I have to do anything different with a diff carb or is it just bolt and go. I seen that video of the guy with 30's it looks good and thats what I would like to do to mine.

tripledog
07-16-2013, 08:52 PM
The trike CodyRosa attached a picture of is indeed a 200es (the sub transmission cover is a dead giveaway). I didn't think 200x forks would fit on a 200es... someone has some time into that! Dennis Kirk has (or had) the best price on an aftermarket exhaust for the 200es. I have yet to install my DG aftermarket exhaust on my 200es. I bought it on ebay and paid about $20 more for it than I would have, had I known DK had them on sale. Also, another site member brought up a good point... you shouldn't put extra long travel forks on a hardtail atc. It may cause the front end to write a check that the rear end can't cash. Forks from a Honda 200m are probably the best candidate for swapping out the inferior 200es forks, but you will also need the the complete 200m front hub, and you will have some front fender, rack, and headlight mounting issues to work around.

deuce228
07-16-2013, 09:54 PM
I am guessing It's your tires that is keeping you from spinning. I also have an 84 200es and spin just fine.

Swampfox
07-16-2013, 09:58 PM
I think its gettin about time for a clutch, i am running maxxis zillas and there not that very agressize tires. Im also wandering if I should go ahead and rebuild the top end, shes smokin a lil and especially when I first crank it up!!

kb0nly
07-17-2013, 12:07 AM
If she is smoking more when you first start it make sure you rebuild the head and replace the valve stem seals, very common issue!!