PDA

View Full Version : 175 tri moto carb question

Cnelson
07-16-2013, 06:21 PM
I picked up an '83 175 tri moto a couple of weeks ago for $75. Told it "needed carb work" , well it was missing the float, needle and seat and the pull start (I just wrap an ratchet strap around the flywheel for now) . Anyway, I did find the carb parts on eBay but still can't get it to run right. It will go like crazy for about 30 seconds then lose all power and stall. If I wait a minute or two it will start up and go again. I had to pull and clean the plugs after a few of these rounds which was wet and oily (btw the oil injection was bypassed from the last guy so now just run mixed gas about 32:1) so now I had a hunch to remove the mixture screw and low and behold the little o ring in there was wrecked. Would this be the cause of the issue? Someone please help!!!! This thing is way cool and I really wanna take it out for a good ride. Thanks!!

sanchez
07-16-2013, 06:51 PM
I got 2 can tell u check fuel pump yup they got one and the125s don,t bigger tank on 175 lower hanging two pice thing. With tank even fully full i bypassed my pump runns 30 secounds dies get it out of gear trickle of fuel refills bowl 30 seconds dies. Thing needs fuel pump. Also blaster carb with throttle cable mod/fit bolts in to intake lastly most importaintly bypasing injector thins g mix check plugs rejet ussually needed

Cnelson
07-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Thanks. I will look at the pump later. Still need to know if the o ring on the mix screw is causing any of my issues or if its even important.

Akracing
07-16-2013, 08:06 PM
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=251305477749 Just Saying... Not 100% Sure On O Ring But I Would Lean Toward Fuel Pump...

Cnelson
07-16-2013, 08:36 PM
Fuel pump works on crank pulse right? So is it the line off the side of the motor or the one toward the bottom of the jug below the carb intake boot?

Cnelson
07-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Right now the pump is bypassed too with a direct line from fuel valve to the carb which seems to be a steady flow but almost too fast.

Akracing
07-16-2013, 09:38 PM
http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/ Do yourself a favor and download the manual it shows exactly how the fuel line should be routed... Im not an expert but do believe in keeping stuff correct or you may wind up chasing your tail trying to fix without having it properly set up to begin with...

Cnelson
07-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Thanks. I will just have to redo all of it. Didn't think the pump was that important since it seems to gravity feed just fine. Thanks for the info guys